Thread: Blown Servo!

RC Competitor

Blown Servo!

Almost positive I just blew my servo. I rolled it over and the throttle servo quite. I tried putting it in the steering spot and nothing. I have a Traxxas Waterproof servo model 2056 off a emaxx. Will that work as a throttle?

Almost positive I just blew my servo. I rolled it over and the throttle servo quite. I tried putting it in the steering spot and nothing. I have a Traxxas Waterproof servo model 2056 off a emaxx. Will that work as a throttle?
    Yes, I'm pretty sure it should work... The stock servo is a 2056, so the one off of the E-maxx should work. You might need to center the servo, but about it. Good luck!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 09-07-2012 at 04:27 PM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    Yes it works, it's just underpowerd ): I'll have to pick another one up tomorrow (:

A good aftermarket option is a Hitec 645MG or the 5645MG which has a little bit more torque than the 645. Both are metal geared and have ball bearings. Never had any problems after putting one in.

RC Competitor
    The biggest problem with Traxxas 2056 servo it the wires ! ... They always cut off ... and you will need a iron and little finger to put it back togheter !

RC Competitor
    Can I use them for both the throttle and steering? I've decided to turn my Slayer into a full on racer so I want all the good stuff (:
    "Haters gonna hate, bashers gonna bash!!"

RC Competitor
    That what i use .. 2056 for steering and throttle ! But Hitec 5645mg will be a realy good one !

The 2056 servo is a little weak for use in the steering... I would go with a servo with higher response time and more power for the steering... It will work, but it will be a little slow...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

If it's a slight difference in speed you really wouldn't notice it. If you go from a servo that is rated at .20sec@60 to one that is .12sec@60, you wouldn't notice it by eye. A 645MG or 5645MG will work fine for both steering and throttle.