RC Competitor

stampede semi-crawler conversion

I'm very new to the rc world. I just got a stampede 2 weeks ago and I love it. I'm a college student so it gives me stuff to do on my free time. I want to know what upgrades I can do to make it more crawlable. I am not looking for a major crawler im looking for something that will still do about 30mph but still climb a lot of obstacles and be able to keep up to a point with an actual crawler. I am looking for suspension upgrades that will give it more height and more flex. I know that the stampede has great upward travel but not any downward travel. Also more torque power to help climb stuff. Price is not a major factor because i can save up for the stuff but I would like prices of this stuff to be reasonable, like a best bang for your buck idea. Thank you in advance for any post and ideas.

RC Qualifier
    Get a summit crawler ready they are beast and can tackle everything mine gets over stuff my friends 2000 dollar crawler can't
    Slash rocks!!!

RC Racer
    Check out jangs p4de crawler
    http://www.ultimatetraxxas.com/projects/shape-shifter/
    Look at shape 5
    sl2sh, p4de trail truck

If you get a sensored brushless motor, you will have all the low speed power that you could ever want. A Castle Creations Mamha Max Pro with a Novak or Tekin brushless motor and lock your differentials will turn your truck into a crawler.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    I'm doing the same thing Im trying the duratrax de10 with a duratrax 17.5 turn motor
    If u still want to drive anywhere but off road lock only ur rear diff and put heavy weight oil in the front diff like 500k wt
    sl2sh, p4de trail truck

RC Qualifier
    This is what I tried but in the end I just bought a honcho and kept my pede the thrasher it was meant to be.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...de-4x4-CRAWLER
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's