RC Competitor

TQI out of control! Help please

Hi all,

I have about a 3 week old Rustler VXL with the new TQI radio.
    On multiple occasions I have been driving for about 5 - 10 minutes and the car will just stop responding to both throttle and steering input.
    The light on the TX is solid green and when I look at the car is is blinking red quickly.
    If I turn the car off and then on then it works again for a little while.
    It has only happened once that it got stuck at about quarter throttle and steering right.

This is really frustrating problem and I'm scared to drive just in case it gets stuck at full throttle.

I have tried running a separate battery and BEC, but the results are the same.

Thanks for any help

RC Champion
    few questions. are you running both TQi transmitter and receiver?

There have been software updates for the TQi since the release. I would suspect your equipment is running a version of the software with a glitch in it. I am not sure how to update unless you use the docking port and Iphone app.

perhaps you can locate someone who is using the iphone dock and have them bind to your receiver, this will at least update that piece and hopefully correct your issue.

Not sure what else to offer, I hope I have helped

RC Competitor
    Yep both TQi.

I shall have to ask around about the dock, maybe there is someone that can help.
    I see there are people who have experienced similar problems and they have sent their stuff back to Traxxas.
    Unfortunately that's not really an option for me due to shipping costs.

RC Champion
    definately look into the updates. I just ended up getting a docking station so I dont have to worry about finding a way to update anymore.

RC Competitor
    Then I need to find a iPhone or iPod as well haha.
    Perhaps my local hobby store will be willing to let me update in their store or something.

RC Enthusiast
    Awe Bro i feel your pain my TQi 4 channel died two weeks ago after updating and my replacement from tower hobbies is taking forever to get here so i went to Speed Models the worst hobby shop in the entire world to buy a new transmitter but the idiot there says they have no stock and its gona cost R2000 lol thats why i order online. speed models needs to get ther sh1t together its 2012 people know how much it really costs they think cause they r to be riding a r/c very good they r now god pfft.let me know if you still need to update i can sort it out.

RC Competitor
    It would seem my problem went away by itself. Hopefully it doesn't creep back later...