RC poster

Summit - out of control

Need a little help. When turning on the Summit it started to run / stop "hysterically". I disconnected one of the micro servos and it calmed down. Approx 10-15 runs later, it started to do this again. Any Idea what's causing it. Bad ESC, Reciever, servo? I have disconnected all the servos. At 5-10% of the time when I turn it on, it stays calm for short time and then starts running.
    Last edited by LordGudjon; 09-06-2012 at 03:26 PM.
    Lord Gudjon

RC Champion
    Happened to me when my front differential servo was dead. Very strange, but I unplugged it and replaced the gears and it was fine afterwards. A big truck like this with a powerful motor, is a dangerous thing to have running around.

RC poster
    hehe... Well, that was the exact servo I disconnected. Currently I don't have any of the front/rear servos connected. The truck is fully (manually) locked so... there must be something else causing this.
    Lord Gudjon

RC Champion
    Not sure then, I'd just go over all the connections again connecting one at a time with the truck propped up, until it happens. The worst part seems to be that it happens randomly so it'll take some time to figure this out using process of elimination.

My guess a steering servo is going
    It can make the esc do some odd stuff

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    Yeah, a friend of mine and I were running our summits and he was acting similar to yours. Turns out that one of his steering servos was bad. new servo=fixed. For his anyway.

RC poster
    Thanks. In my last run the steering servo stopped working. So for my last runs, it must have been going bad and causing this problem. I can now remove the ESC and reciever from my next order.
    Lord Gudjon

RC Enthusiast
    My steering servo went and the same thing happened

RC Champion
    So weird how the servos do this to this ESC/Receiver. Glad you got it fixed though!