RC Racer

Help me make my Jato do wheelies...!!!!

Got a really nice Jato off a guy not too long ago... Tuned her up nice... She is really fast and the Anaconda's on the back were new when I got the truck and bald after about a half gallon of fuel..... Not one wheelie...... I was a little disappointed... I want some wheelie action... What do I need to do to get this thing to wheelie?? It has Rpm arms all around, Rpm front bumper and thats about it, stock otherwise...

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    did you try tighten your slipper clutch?
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Qualifier
    the first thing to do is make sure its tuned right,then tighten the shocks and slipper clutch so about 3 1/2 to 4 threads showing. on mine if the shocks are too loose it wont pull the tires up but once you tighten them(more the rear shocks) it will do a wheelie right off the line. good luck!
    Philippians 4:13

RC Qualifier
    Raise the CG

Move the rear shock lower mounts inwards and dont have the front slammed. Generous with the preload.

Tight slipper? I wheelie with 2 full turns out on the slipper, loose as a goose. Just need good pads.

Good tires on a grippy surface is important. Batt in the back helps but not needed.

The clutch needs to be working good, not worn out.

There is also the drilled stinger mod to get more wheelie grunt.

Wheelie bar is needed, and 20 to 30k diff fluid will make her ride wheelies more stable.

As mentioned, the engine needs to be tuned.

RC Racer
    I appreciate all the input guys!!!! I'll have to try some of that tonight... Its tuned great... Now I will preload the shocks a bit more and tighten up the slipper... Not too too familiar with nitro's yet, know enough to tune, so I'll read up on the cluth shoes and maybe take them off tonight and check for wear.....

Thanks again fellas..!!!!

RC Champion
    work with the low side of the carb, I was out yesterday and just the smallest adjustment really opened up the performance! YEA! I love nitro power!

RC poster
    like the others said tighten your slipper clutch, i would tighten it completely then loosen it a 1/4 turn but that is only a good starting point (only do 1/8th turn clockwise or anti clockwise from there). also do a pinch test for your low speed needle immediately after a few high speed runs, the engine should run for 2 to 3 seconds then speed up and die like the manuel said btw it sounds like you need to replace your tires for something other than the stock anaconda ones, hope this helps.

RC poster
    Never heard of a Jato having problems doing wheelies.. Sounds more of a tuning issue or wasnt broke in right. I just got done tuning mine, & she'll stand up shifting into 2nd!

RC poster
    I recently purchased a Jato 3.3...... very impressed with the vehicle. I took off the Anaconda tires and rims, put on Pro-Line Trenchers..... handles off road very well, and no problem popping wheelies with the additional grip

RC poster
    Where are the batteries?... I noticed as soon as I took off the stock rear bumper n placed a battery in the center it doesn't do wheelies any more...

RC Competitor
    ^^mine (if tuned right) will do wheelies with the mid-compartment battery in it

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 19frank90 View Post
    ^^mine (if tuned right) will do wheelies with the mid-compartment battery in it
    Sounds like I have some more tuning to do lol... Thought I had it pretty good.

RC Competitor
    tighten the adjuster rings over the springs and shocks as well. i think the wheelies have more to do with a good tuning on the LSN than the HSN

RC Enthusiast
    I ported and polished the cylinder and crank. I think she would do wheelies in reverse if I had it, lol.
    I love his music, I do. I'm a Michael Bolton fan.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by tadracket View Post
    I ported and polished the cylinder and crank. I think she would do wheelies in reverse if I had it, lol.
    LOL...awesome.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by tadracket View Post
    this is high on my list of things to learn to do.
    I'm crazy, no really I am.