Thread: jato wont idle

Hybrid View

RC poster

jato wont idle

I got used jato with a 3.3 it cant get it idle the only way it will idle is to adjust the throttle rod.so.it opens the carb a little bit but then it does when i hit the brakes the clutch spring looks good and tight i have tried adjuat lsn and hsn and idle.screw nothing seems to work and put 2 newer carbs on it tried going back to.factory setting then adjuat but it dont really help any thoughts

RC Champion
    a few things...hairline cracks in the carb usually under the HSN.

More than likely, you have a pressurization issue between the exhaust and the carburetor (including the fuel tank O-ring)

I would replace the tank o-ring and hoses from pipe to tank and tank to carb. if you have a new O-ring for the carb base, I would replace that too.

Just a few thoughts to hopefully help

RC Competitor
    ur hsn (one that sticks straight up i believe im correct on the naming )should be at 3 turns from open since it is now broken in take the card off the gap should be a gap about the width of a paper clip the lsn one on side im not sure about id put that around factory

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyfingerz View Post
    ur hsn (one that sticks straight up i believe im correct on the naming )should be at 3 turns from open since it is now broken in take the card off the gap should be a gap about the width of a paper clip the lsn one on side im not sure about id put that around factory
    3 turns form open could be way too lean depending on temps, humidity, etc. where he lives. 4 turns out should be the starting point for tuning. The lsn should be flush with the outer ring, and the idle gap should be .5 - 1 mm.

Read the manual for proper tuning instructions and also see the links in this thread: http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...our-TRX-Engine

As Redsawacs said I would also replace all fuel tubes and o-rings.
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods

RC poster
    have you tried to close your idle speed screw a little?

RC poster
    Look really close around the bottom of the carb and engine. if you see a little bit of nitro, then its prob the carb o ring or a hairline crack in the carb. Obviously remove to inspect. Hope this helps, the same thing happened to me. Perfectly tuned and all of a sudden BAM!!!! just kept shutting off. This fixed it!