RC poster

Good shocks for T-maxx?

Hey everyone I just ordered a new trx 3.3 engine for my t-maxx 2.5. I am super excited and while I'm upgrading I might as well go all out! So I've decided new shocks are the next best thing. I saw these on eBay, does anyone know if they're any good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINUM-BIG...item19d414df87

Also I ordered the FOC, it should be here around the same time as the engine. Next I plan on a tuned pipe and drive shafts. Feel free to make suggestions!

RC Champion
    I would personally go with the Traxxas big bores, I've heard good things about them, I would pick up a Resonator pipe, and get the high flow air filter. As far as driveshafts go, you might not have to upgrade it, I ran a 2.5 tmaxx with a 3.3 for over 4 years with the stock driveline.
    I haven't broke a single chassis related part on that truck since the upgrade.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have had Traxxas big bores on mine for I think over 8 years still going strong!

When I used an 8 shock setup I used the Traxxas Big Bore shocks and loved them. But do not use the springs they come with use the stock red springs and use 40-50 wt shock oil... The shock oil that comes with the Big bores is 30 wt,,, too light for most people's liking...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Enthusiast
    Standard new ultra shocks work fine for me, and my maxx is pretty heavy!
    T maxx 4909 with trx 2.5R

RC Champion
    +1 on the ultras, but I had to go with the TiNI shafts, the regular ones just bent.

Ofna shocks are really good, just make sure you get the right length. Just as tough as Big Bores, but they accually do have bigger bores where as the traxxas Big bores hold less oil than ultra shocks
    "American Muscle beats import any day of the week"

RC poster
    Does anyone know if the ones in my link are any good?

They are average, not the best/worst.

The caps tend to leak if you dont get the bladder positioned perfectly when installing/changing oil.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC poster
    Are the traxxas big bores better?

RC Qualifier
    my perfect setup is the traxxas big bores with progressive springs (20% for the rear and 10% for the front) with 50wt shock oil in the read 40wt in front. I did the progressive springs because mine has lowered gearing and a true track rear so it squatted much more than normal which was eating skid plates. hope this helps

RC Qualifier
    and the traxxas big bores are great the only thing i dont like abou them is you have to use pre-load spacers because the shocks are not threaded that is the only downfall

RC Racer
    otherwise some 1/8 scale buggy/truggy style shocks would be the go (a 4 shock setup instead of 8)

cant reccomend any personally.
    OkGo Performance, RC Division.

At that price stick with Traxxas BB's with some duel rate springs.

For a 4 shock setup you can't go wrong with the UE supershocks & knucklehead shock towers, and remember the shocks come a spring set too.

Since going to the 4 supershock setup I will not go back to a 8 shock setup.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman4910 View Post
    At that price stick with Traxxas BB's with some duel rate springs.

For a 4 shock setup you can't go wrong with the UE supershocks & knucklehead shock towers, and remember the shocks come a spring set too.

Since going to the 4 supershock setup I will not go back to a 8 shock setup.
    Don't forget if yur supporting 4 shocks on an aluminum shock tower it's best to have aluminum bulks as well.. Or the first really good roll you take you will be snapping the bulks where the aluminum shock towers mount....

But oh so right,,, 4 shock setup works way better. A little tricker to get dialed in but one heck of a difference... +1
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous