RC poster

Steering works but no drive or reverse

My slash 2wd was acting fine when i stopped running it. It was only after I brought it inside with me. I don't know if I cooked my speed control, but if i did, it happened when it wasn't outside. It spun its wheels like normal. Nothing broke as far as i can tell. My ez set button was sticking though. Could it have done something that way? I put the Velineon 3500 motor and vxl-3s speed control and TQi transmitter on it. This is the first problem with running that I've had, besides plastic stuff that I could see was broken.
    Last edited by made in Bacon; 09-05-2012 at 01:26 PM.

RC Champion
    when your power is on. is there any blinking happening on your speed control.

my nephews vxl-3s was blinking green i think. the steering adjustment was off. yes this will affect throttle. dont know how but it did.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC poster
    No there is no blinking on the speed control. It's just solid red like it had been. Could i cook the esc while its not running?

i doubt it, what about light on the receiver? is it solid? i know if your button was sticking and it got switched to lipo mode with a low battery nimh you will have no throttle just steering. you might have to try charging the battery all the way up then turn on the esc. next hold down the button and it will blink and make a noise and the light will change color. (it will go red if it was in lipo mode)
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC poster
    receiver light is solid green. I'll see if its in lipo mode. thanks.