RC poster

Traxxas Summit Wheel-Tire

Has anyone tried using the Exceed Mad Torque wheels/tires on their Summit? Found a set pretty cheap and was curious if they will work as I'm in need of a new set and cant stomach $70 for a Proline setup.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    What are the dimensions of the tire and rim?
    Remember the Summit has a 17mm hex drive...
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    I couldn't find much on the dimensions for the mad torque, they are 17mm (and bead-locks) which was what sparked my interest. Its a 1/8th scale so size wise I'm sure they will look okay, the offset is what worries me.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Looks like you might be a pioneer!

From what I see... they might work. They are not that wide... so the rim may not come in too far and hit the arms... then again it may... hard to tell without bolting them on.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Yeah it's a tough call. Mite just bite the bullet. I could probably make up some spacers if needed. It would be under $40 to do all 4. Doesn't seem to bad for what your getting.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    can you point us what might it look like to any of this truck line up, i could'nt seem to fine the mad torque
    http://www.nitrorcx.com/nitrotrucks.html
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    looks good but i'm worried about the inside part rubbing when making a turn cause by the way it looks like it does'nt have much offset as the stock summit rims.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC poster
    I agree. Its a 2.8" rim.

Finally a true crawler tire suggestion for the summit. Thus the delima, they appear to be great crawler tires but can they handle the summit top speeds?
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC poster
    I don't do much crawling with my Summit, 95% trail running, mud, water ect 5% crawling, I am hoping they would be a good all around tire.. I think they will hold up. Cant be much worse than the stock tires. You could always throw some stiffer foam in. I'm really thinking about trying it. I wish I knew some one that had one so I could try it.

RC Qualifier
    Mount Airy, aka "Mayberry" North Carolina
    Have you had any luck finding overall dimensions for the tire (height & width)?
    Last edited by Mayberry Kid; 09-05-2012 at 03:53 PM.
    The Kid

14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayberry Kid View Post
    Have you found overall dimensions for the tire (height & width)?
    No not yet. I thought about just contacting nitrorcx and see if they can just tell me.

My question (as always) is, "If they don't work, can you stomach the wasted $40?"

There are a couple/few tried and true combos out there. All of them will last you a long while (years) and so the cost is pennies per day. While it is worthwhile and even exciting to find a new solution, that's usually best left for those who can more easily absorb a loss.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Mount Airy, aka "Mayberry" North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    Finally a true crawler tire suggestion for the summit. Thus the delima, they appear to be great crawler tires but can they handle the summit top speeds?
    Yet another question, Can they handle the Summit's weight?? A true high flex crawling/climbing tire will probably lack the sidewall stiffness required for +25mph bashing with a Summit. I love the Canyon for 85% of what I do. My son on the otherhand would like a more robust tire for bashing.
    The Kid

14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods