Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Champion
    probably be using the flm 10900 chassis since its about the only decent one available that doesn't cost a bundle. Ill also be getting those ultralight cases for my 8 spyder diffs,there a little pricey at 120.00 a pr. but nice 7075 and hardened helicoiled threads and I think the only ones out there that use 16mm bearings. Tuff to beat. Still undecided if I will go with the widetrac suspension kit or hi impact lowers with the widetrac uppers. (I read on the ue forum these work good together) I like the look of the hi impact lower arms and there optimized for supershocks with the shock mounts moved out a little more. Add the towers and only 75.00 more than the widetrack kit. What do you think? I guess its a matter of personal preference.
    Theres a ue lightening chassis on e-bay for 800.00. lol Not happening!
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 06-30-2013 at 02:51 PM.

RC Champion
    don't tell anyone but I'm the high bidder lol. It'll probably go for over $1000 though...

Well the 4 hi impacts and 4 uppers will be 248 and 17 for a khead tower set. I would go for it! I didn't think about doing that when I bought my set

I lost in the last 30 seconds...the final bid was 1000.01
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-01-2013 at 04:02 PM. Reason: merge
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Champion
    I hate it when that happens. You think you got it and somehow someone else gets it. Look on the bright side, you have an extra grand to spend on something else.

RC Champion
    my wife wasn't too happy about me bidding on it that high...I'm supposed to take her to the UK this year so it was her vacation money i was spending..so its bittersweet lol i'm happy and sad...but tbh, that's outrageous money for that thing!

RC Champion
    I hear ya, Good thing I have a separate acct. for my grinding shop. lol If my wife new I was about to spend another G or so on another build and not on a vanity for her! Oh Boy would I be in trouble. All the shiny parts ive been collecting are in a box hidden in my shop for now. Getting ready to pull the hammer on a bunch of ue stuff.
    From what I read on the ue forum we might have to shim the ultralights in the ga bulks. I guess they fit a little loose but no big deal. A small dia. oring or nylon shim will fix. I ordered the flm chassis and ga bulks yesterday. Would like to have got a nicer chassis, but so expensive and hard to find. For 100.00 the flm will have to do.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 07-02-2013 at 07:15 AM.

RC Champion
    YOu can still get in on the High Voltage Lightning pre-order..they come out July 21st and you have till then to get it. It's expensive but you should see all cad work he put into it. The engineering on it is pretty impressive. Anyways, I was going to get an FLM standard cg chassis for this build until I saw the preorders for the High Voltage Lightning. Come on..you know you want it no need it lol!

I don't have any separate accounts from my wife but she just understands I have an obsession with these rc cars...just as long as it doesn't get in the way of her vacation!

RC Champion
    My wife thinks ive gone out of my mind with these things too. lol But 5 bills for a chassis is just too much for me. Too bad ue don't come out with something a little more affordable. Waiting for a big check to come from one of my customers and a reply from ue about some parts im looking at. Just ordered the STRC alum knuckles and GH alum pillow ball retainers. The knuckles are nice pcs and I know I can mod them for 8x16x5mm outer and 15x21x4mm x1 or x2 inner bearings to work with the losi axles. The pillowball retainers I like because they have an oring to hold them in place. Cant wait to get all my stuff from ue so I can lay it all out with all the stuff I already have and take a pic. This ones going to be black and red and shiny alum. Already got the body for it.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by EMAXXBRUSHLESS View Post
    probably be using the flm 10900 chassis since its about the only decent one available that doesn't cost a bundle. Ill also be getting those ultralight cases for my 8 spyder diffs,there a little pricey at 120.00 a pr. but nice 7075 and hardened helicoiled threads and I think the only ones out there that use 16mm bearings. Tuff to beat. Still undecided if I will go with the widetrac suspension kit or hi impact lowers with the widetrac uppers. (I read on the ue forum these work good together) I like the look of the hi impact lower arms and there optimized for supershocks with the shock mounts moved out a little more. Add the towers and only 75.00 more than the widetrack kit. What do you think? I guess its a matter of personal preference.
    Theres a ue lightening chassis on e-bay for 800.00. lol Not happening!
    inwould just get the wide track kit. I'm running one on my supremaxx. There is no difference in strength, just looks

RC Qualifier
    where did u get that wing mount looks way stronger than the diemaker dave mount for the knuckelheads
    men drive nitro

RC Champion
    A guy on the ue forum designed them and had them made at the end of last year. He doesn't have anymore available

http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/...ad.php?t=23747

I got these pics from Wheelman on the ue forum. He modified my sweetstrobe brace to work with the new wingmount. He also modified one of my monoblock extensions so that two can be put together

RC Champion
    I finally built the Supershocks. They are setup like the Proline Powerstrokes with a remote reservoir. I really don't like the look of emaxx's with only 4 shocks when they are meant to have 8.

Lots of rebuild parts

I used 60wt all around and black springs

RC poster
    have you had any issues with the stock differentials?

RC Champion
    no problems yet. I haven't spent too much time running them either.

RC Champion
    well a little update. I've been at work for a week and a half (4.5 weeks to go) and I brought a box of aluminum parts and my dremel with me to work on polishing everything up. Progress is slow because I'm tired when I get off my 12 hour watch...anyways here is what I have so far and a picture of the boat/ship I work on.

The UE Ultralight diff cases looked pretty bad after deannodizing.

HOS Strongline. 380ft Multi Purpose Supply Vessel working in the Gulf.

RC Qualifier
    I use to work on boats now i'm in the plant, What do you do on that boat?

RC Champion
    I'm a bridge officer with a 3rd Mates (unlimited tonnage) license. What kind of boats did you work on?

RC Champion
    well I've made more progress, on the rear section now. the Great Assembly bulks are a real pain and they aren't as shiny as I'd like because of all the machine marks. In other news, I have purchased a set of ti Hardcore racing skids and an Unlimited Engineering Thunder chassis for this build! I'm pretty excited

RC Champion
    Looking sweet mate. Oh so shiny! I would keep it out of the moisture and try to preserve that beautiful shine. At least for a while anyway. lol

RC Champion
    Thanks! I may send it off to get clear anodized if the polishing doesn't last.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Man that Aluminum looks beautiful all polished up. Want to work on mine the next time you head out??? LOL

BTW the polish lasts pretty good until you run it in the grass.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    thanks Josh! I don't know if I can do anymore after this lol. I won't have to worry about grass because this will be a shelf queen! I'm thinking of leaving the chassis bare with no electronics even.

RC Champion
    The body arrived today and my wife sent me a pic. A member of the UE forum gave it to me for free!

Sweet lid!

Polished or not I would still bash the snot out it!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Champion
    Thanks! This will be on display mode only, I have the other emaxx for bashing!

RC Enthusiast
    Will you need to cut that body to work with the wing? It is such a beautiful body I sure hope you dont..

RC Champion
    no way! it should look something like this with the body ending at the shock tower like a real truggy. It will be mounted lower than this too

RC Enthusiast
    Awesome! Will look great, I love the LCG look

RC Champion
    Well I'm not getting the results I want with the polishing. I'm pretty sure that the front and rear will be put to good use on the High Voltage Lightning chassis. I finished the rear today.

RC Champion
    Looking nice mate!

RC Champion
    Thank you sir. Since I'm going to be racing/bashing this now, I think I will upgrade to Vorza/D8/D8T/Ve8 diffs. I've already test fitted one in the ultralight case and it fits perfectly without shims. I need to find a center diff for the HVL chassis now as well

RC Enthusiast
    Where is the chasis? Have you not pollished that yet, is this why it is not pictured? Looking pretty good if you ask me by the way

RC Champion
    I didn't bring the chassis with me to work. I just brought the FLM braces so that I could take better pictures. The top plate was sent to FLM to be replaced since it broke in a spot. I didn't actually have a chassis for this build except the stock one. I did buy a Thunder chassis from Oncleben but I won't be using it now since I decided to use the HVL chassis for this build. The FLM will go back on the other EMaxx until I decide to buy Oncleben's new Phantom chassis:

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31772

RC Qualifier
    That's a pretty impressive chassis! Pretty amazing they got it at like 10lbs RTR..

RC Champion
    It's pretty awesome. If I wasn't going on vacation in a two weeks I would have already bought one...but the wife says no RC stuff till we get back lol

RC Racer
    What didn't you like about how the polished parts turned out? Where can you find that chassis for sale? Hope it don't cost as much as the new ue chassis!

RC Champion
    The ext suspension was in rough shape (not bent though) and I'm having a hard time restoring it. I feel like I don't have the proper tools for the job. I really need to observe someone do it because my methods don't turn anything to a mirror finish.

You can go on this facebook page and message Oncle Bens about purchasing one. They are $299. https://www.facebook.com/groups/centralemaxxrc/

RC Racer
    What's the steps you're doing for polishing? Thanks for the phantom info. I'm gonna look into it.

RC Champion
    I use 400 grit sandpaper then 1500, 2000, 2500 and 3000 with wet sand. I then use mothers mag aluminum wheel polish. I use the polishing tips with a dremel.

RC Racer
    Hmmm try and do some lower grit paper after the 400. I just did my wheels and had to start with 180. So i went 180, 220, 400, 600, 800, than all the fine wet sanding. Than final buff using a wheel and some rouge. Comes out mirror. After trying many different ways with different machines, this seemed to work the best.

RC Champion
    okay, I'll give that a try. I'm really burned out on polishing...probably because I'm burned out from being at work for 5 weeks with one more to go...I usually work 4 on 4 off...anyways I put some money down on the Phantom chassis to reserve it for when I get back from vacation.