Thread: Slipper Tension

RC Qualifier

Slipper Tension

I wanted to bring up a post, that someone wrote a couple of weeks ago, about this Slipper Plate Mod. But for obvious reasons (except to me, cuz I don't have a clue as to why) my post "How Come" was closed without my question being answered.

Anyway, I was wondering what would be the new tension needed (if different) with this new setup. I am presently using using 1/4 turn back from full tight.

Also I wanted to let people know, with this Slipper Plate setup (by the way, it works really great) they might want to use Locktite on the stock tension nut, or use 2 normal 4mm nuts with a split torque washer between the 2 nuts. This will keep the tension adjustment from loosening up due to the increased contact area.

Last edited by ReglarDude; 08-04-2013 at 05:26 AM.

RC Qualifier
    What is the slipper mod? If you don't mind me asking
    The smartest person, asks the most questions...

RC Qualifier
    Look at the two above pictures. Normally(or stock), there is only 3 little pads. In my pictures there is 1 full disk pad.

RC Qualifier
    Where do you get that disk

RC Qualifier
    It's to bad you can't go back more than two pages in this forum. There was all kinds of good info on the oringinal post. I didn't start the first one, but I did the second. All that info down the tube.

Anyway, the part a Traxxas Brake Disc for a T-Maxx: P/N TRA4964.

RC Champion
    Go down to the bottom to thread display options. I get 51 pages. Answered in your post. How Come?
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 08-05-2013 at 04:51 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I don't see it Emax. All I see at the bottom is: Previous Thread | Next Thread, Add / Edit Tags, Tags for this Thread, View Tag Cloud, Posting Permissions.

RC Champion
    Click on community at the top of the traxxas home page. Then click on the emaxx brushless section. Then go down on the bottom left where it says thread display options.

RC Qualifier
    Don't think I don't appreciate your efforts, Emax...I do. But I'm tellen yah, there is not a "Display Options" at the bottom. The only other thing that is on the bottom (that I didn't mention above) is: Quick Reply and the 3 blue funtion boxes that are with it. Like I said in "How Come", I have no problem in the Spartan forum, and I see the same things on my wife's computer, and my work computer as I do here. At one time, I was able to see more than 2 pages in this forum. It's just not that way anymore...it's like crazy Twilight Zone stuff...tah, tah, tah, tah...tah, tah, tah, tah. Anyway thanks for trying!

RC Champion
    You cant get to it on this page, you have to click the arrow (go back) to the page that has all the new threads on it. Then go down close to the bottom on the left. It should be there. Its on mine.

At the bottom of the main E~maxx forum page is where the Thread Display Options are located.
    It says Show threads from the.... and has square drop down box to click on, click it, select where you want to start from & then click the Show Threads box on the right side to reload the page with new starting point.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    Oh, happyness...Oh, Joy...Oh, life is good again! I thought I was either going blind, or losing my mind. Anyway, thanks for your patients. I wonder how the heck that feature got changed. It's just my wife and me in the house, and I don't play around with stuff on a computer I don't know about. Anyway, I'm good to go now, and thanks again.

P.S. Just for the heck of it, I went to the Spartan forum and seen what that was set on. It was set to "Begining". So, I went to this forum, and did the same thing. When I go out and back in the Spartan forum it stays in "Begining"; when I go out and back in this forum it changes from "Begining" to "Last Month". It's not a big deal, but I wonder what's up with that?
    Last edited by ReglarDude; 08-08-2013 at 03:43 AM.

I think its just the forum default, if I remember right you can change it in your settings pannel, but if your viewing while not logged in then you will have to change it manualy.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    Just a question to the slipper plate mod... during the installation using the T-maxx brake disc pad is there anything else I have to do other then install it over those six little tabs? It looks like there's glue or something in the picture above?

RC Qualifier
    You don't use any glue. The red you see on the 6 holes is a red Sharpy I used to mark the holes I had to drill out. If you use the stock plate, you need to drill out six holes. If you use the Hot Racing plate, you need to drill out all 12 holes. I use an electrician's step drill bit to drill out the center (it's normaly a hex), but you could mark it with a circle, and file it out. That would work too.

RC Qualifier
    Are you simply drilling the holes to make it fit easier into the disc

RC Qualifier
    Your close...I drill the 6 or 12 holes to be able to get the pad on the plate. I drill the center hole, so that the pad fits in a way for even pad wear. If you want, I could see if I could bring up the original posts. There were two, and they have good info.

RC Qualifier
    That'd be appreciated

RC Qualifier
    I got one for you. It will at least get you started. I'll look for the other one later.

RC Qualifier
    Okay thanks

RC Qualifier
    I did find the other post, but I don't think you need it. The name of it (if you ever want to see it) is Slipper Pads Part 2.

RC Qualifier
    Just for the sake of discussion, before I did this mod I always adjusted my slip plate torque to 1/4 turn back from finger tight. I think by introducing more slipper pad surface area with this mod, we need to loosen the torque up just a little bit more. I went to a quarter turn, plus a half of a quarter turn more. With the way I bash that seems to be working well.

One more thing, with the additional slipper pad surface area, I was having trouble keeping my slipper plate adjustment nut from loosening up...even with using new lock nuts. What I did to solve this was first: I tried Locktite-ing a new lock nut, and that does work. But, I settled on using two normal nuts. One nut to set the torque, and one nut to lock the torque setting nut. For me this is working very well. Anyway, I hope this helps some of you.