Threaded View

Unhappy Are You Kidding Me?

Ok, ok, I'll try to calm down, but here it goes. I've had problems with my Slayer in the past with the throttle sticking, and a weird lean problem. I've always been able t get it running and fixed, and every thing has been fine for the last 15-20 tanks. About 2 runs ago I noticed nitro leaking from the carb when I primed it. It was running fine, so I didn't think much of it. Well, on my last run I ruined the clutch spring and ez start wires. So I replaced them this weekend. I got it out after school today to start it up and run it. But it wouldn't start. The ez start motor was turning over, but it wasn't starting. I took out the glow plug and it was fine, but I put a new one in anyway just to make sure. It still wouldn't start. When I was priming it, there was alot of nitro leaking out of the carb. So I took out the carb and there was a crack in the carb just under the hsn AGAIN!!!! I got out my old carb, and I switched everything over. I even replaced all of the fuel line too. But this time on the good carb, there is nitro leaking out between the fuel inlet and hsn gaskets. I ignored it, and it still would not start. I checked all of the ground wires, and every thing was making contact with metal, so that wasn't the problem... I returned the carb to factory specs, hsn 4 turns from bottom, and the lsn is now flush with the carb slide. It SILL wasn't starting. I checked the glow plug again, and it wasn't working. I then checked the old glow plug, and it wasn't working either. So now I have a bad glow plug wire AGAIN, and now I need to go out and buy a 4th STUPID CARB BODY!!! I LOVE nitro, but I'm SO stumped... Please help me fix this, I'm desperate! The fuel is the same fuel I've been using since I got my Slayer. I even tried opening my new gallon of nitro, and it did nothing. Could somthing be wrong inside of the engine, like a broken piston skirt? PLEASE HELP!!!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 09-04-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde