Thread: No reverse?

RC poster

No reverse?

Hi guys I'm new to the site as well as new to operating/owning an rc vehicle. I just purchased a stampede 4x4 VXL today and everything was fine and dandy for the first battery worth of fun. I then put in a lipo battery I have and all was good then after about 5 minutes of operation the unit would not engage reverse.

I'm looking for any advice that will lead me in the right direction. Any help will be very helpful.

I purchased the truck off the Internet so don't have any warranty , mind you it is brand new in the box so this is a strange situation.

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Make sure the ESC's in lipo mode (green) when you use lipo batteries, and nimh mode (red) with nimh.

Other than that, try turning on and off maybe.. It does brake first though before it reverses, unless it's neutral or already moving backwards.
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TQi View Post
    Make sure the ESC's in lipo mode (green) when you use lipo batteries, and nimh mode (red) with nimh.

Other than that, try turning on and off maybe.. It does brake first though before it reverses, unless it's neutral or already moving backwards.
    Thanks for the reply. I did have the ESC in the the lipo mode. I also did try to turn off and on several times. As well as try with a different battery.

It goes forward and stops great, but just no reverse. So this is very strange. Do you think it could be the TQi?

RC Qualifier
    No I think it's slipped into race mode

You have to get it back into sport mode, manual will tell you, I haven't done it in a while
    Last edited by TQi; 09-04-2012 at 04:21 PM.
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TQi View Post
    No I think it's slipped into race mode

You have to get it back into sport mode, manual will tell you, I haven't done it in a while
    Thanks Again for your help. How do I know when it's in race mode or sport mode and how do I switch from mode to mode? I browsed through the manual today And didn't see anything about that. I will look a little more thoroughly tonight unless you know how I can do this.

Your help is much appreciated

There are 3 modes on your velineon esc: sport, training and race. Sport is normal full power and reverse, training is normal at 50%, race does not have reverse. That's how you know which mode you are in.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    When you turn it on hold the power button down until it blinks red once,then Let go and your in the sport mode, if you let it blink twice I believe your in training mode third time your in race, which has no reverse.
    Last edited by mattstang2007; 09-04-2012 at 06:44 PM.

RC poster
    Thanks a lot guys really appreciate the help! That was an easy fix!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Neumonic1 View Post
    Hi guys I'm new to the site as well as new to operating/owning an rc vehicle. I just purchased a stampede 4x4 VXL today and everything was fine and dandy for the first battery worth of fun. I then put in a lipo battery I have and all was good then after about 5 minutes of operation the unit would not engage reverse.

I'm looking for any advice that will lead me in the right direction. Any help will be very helpful.

I purchased the truck off the Internet so don't have any warranty , mind you it is brand new in the box so this is a strange situation.

Thanks!
    You can still take advantage by registering for the limited lifetime warranty that Traxxas offers. You can send in your ESC or motor and they will replace them for about half the cost. That's a good deal.

Glad we could help. Now its time to bash!!!
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...