RC Enthusiast

RC Drag Racing for Wounded Warrior Project

Hey guys. I am Vice President of UPI Manufacturing. We make parts for armored vehicles that protect our War Fighters. We have 60 employees, and many of us are RC enthusiasts. We also love to support our troops by donating to the Wounded Warrior Project. This year, at our company picnic on Sept 16th, we are going to have an RC drag race with two dragsters and DTS system we bought. We plan on having a "bracket" type race. There will be a $5 entry fee with 100% payout to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.. After the race, we will auction off the cars, and donate the proceeds to The Wounded Warrior Project. We are also going to have a pie auction and a pig roast. It should be a great time.

I have been into RC cars for about a year and I am having a blast with it. I would like to ask you guys how to set up the cars so the rookies can race and have fun, without destroying the cars before everyone gets to run. Everyone is going to race the same setup to make it fair. Also, what parts should I have on-hand so we can make a quick fix if something breaks?

Would Traxxas be interested in supporting our event? We would love to have some banners, stickers, ect, to hand out as prizes.

Any feedback is appreciated.

RC Enthusiast
    if you want consistant runs.... in ANYONES hands.. here is what i recomend from what we have had run with our r/c drag club... no more than a 2cell/2s lipo.. we have a 6 year old running one that has a 1cell/1s lipos... much slower but handels extrememly well.. run after run....and still does a wheelie on the launch....

turn down the power level for the launch and the full run.... stiffen the front suspension as much as you can...

there are tons of other things i can recommend..but these are the easiest and cheapest things to do.... with the least amount of work....

This is a great place to get setup information from other Funny Car owners! So far as the event support request you will need to e-mail support@traxxas.com.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Qualifier
    good luck with the action and i hope the racing turns out great
    how many rc trucks does one person need lol

RC Enthusiast
    Where is the event located at? Im a soldier myself I'd like to support the event!

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you for the feedback guys! I think we will 2 cell lipos, and turn them down with the TQI controllers. The event is going to be in Eagle Wisconsin, and we would love to have you, Lightfighter.

RC Enthusiast
    These cars are very tough, usually will just roll, in wich case the body protects the chasis very well. Ive had mine since may, many crashes and no parts broke yet ! Just make sure to only apply 50 percent torque unless your on a properly conditioned race track. When launching. only give about 50 percent on throttle to avoid flipping. You should have a great time! If its in LA ill drop by . Good luck

RC Competitor
    Respect to you for organising a fund raiser for your heros that's the stuff of a great man. I thought ide take a look in this section and I'm blown away I really didn't think the funny car was popular at all but looks like im very wrong. Rc is much stronger in america over England. I hope its a successful day and wish my best to you and your soldiers.

RC Enthusiast
    RC-Phase - Thank you for the wonderful compliment. I greatly appreciate it. We just want want to give back a little bit. Lots of soldiers are coming back from Irag and Afghanistan with injuries or with PTSD, and they deserve our support. Our employees took up an offering to donate to this cause in my name for a Christmas gift for me. They gave over $300! I was so touched. Everyone at UPI goes the extra mile because they know the parts they are working on may need to save somebodies life. It is a really cool thing to be a part of. And we get together on lunch break and bash our RC Cars.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm going to take a Collection up next Drill and I think I can get the guy at the Local Hobby Shop to get me Some Cars at Cost if you want to do a Raffle for a Car or something