RC poster

2 slayers in 2 years

First off i would just like to say hello.

Now that thats over here are some of my thoughts.
    I got my first slayer pro in spring of 2011 and it was a pain in the you know what right out the box but finally got it running.in the first half gallon of fuel the plug wire went bad then shortly after that the easy start motor quit on me.got a new easy start motor from traxxas with no problems at all it was the best support i have ever had.it ran great for the rest of the gallon of fuel. couldnt hold a tune and would over heat and eat plugs like they where candy after 2 or 3 laps.never got that problem fixed so i put it up for the winter and what do you know the garage burned down in feb and melted some parts and that was the end of that truck.

Now you must be thinking man this guy is just going to bash traxxas and this truck well your wrong i love this truck so much i got another one with the ins money.

truck #2

I got this truck in june 2012 and left it in the box till i got the new garage done enough so that i could work in it.today i pulled it out and got it holding idle in about 30 min.that alot better than the 2 hrs it took me to get the old one running.now i havent got to break it in and play with it yet but it seems like the plug wire is already shot cause i had to use my plug ignighter to get it to start. so i guess im just going to have to cut that wire off this one too. thats all i got on this truck so far hopefully i can get it broke in and get the springs and hex nuts off my old truck so i can get my 1:8 buggy wheels on and get to bashing and alittle track time in if its still there.

Looking forword to all the help and ideas i can get from this forum.
    Last edited by Double G; 09-04-2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: language

Welcome to the fourms!
    what do you know the garage burned down in feb and melted some parts and that was the end of that truck.
    My worst nightmare... I don't think the plug wire is bad, just make sure the wire has been pushed all of the way on. Some times it likes to stay only half way on. I've also seen the the engine vibration shake the plug wire off too... The only problem I've had with my plug wire is me being stupid, and using wire cutters to take the plug wire off. LOL, ya, it was dark and I thought I had grabbed pylers, not wire cutters! Opps... Do you still have your other fire damaged truck? Could you post pics of it if you do? I'm curious to see what hapened to it... If your thinking of getting rid of it, I wouldn't, you can take spare parts of it, or you could give it away.... (to me?) LOL.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC poster
    thanks i have been around for a while just never signed up.i still got the truck and plan on tring to salvage as much as i can off it.the truck looks good for what it went through,the plastic bin it was in took most of the heat but it took a good hit from the fire hose.i got a couple of bad pics from my phone i will post untill my cam batt charges.

RC poster
    Here is a pick of my new truck first

[IMG][/IMG]

RC poster
    here is the old truck i knoe the pic are bad and will take post better pics later

[IMG][/IMG]

RC poster
    this is of the 2 truck together

[IMG][/IMG]

and this pic show it alittle better

[IMG][/IMG]

RC poster
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    Everyone was okay right no injuries? I also had two fires at my parents house the oil burner went then the dryer....not at the same time either....I'm a volunteer firemen myself. What started it bad wiring, burner, arson? I hope everyone was safe just remember items are replacable not lives.

And by the way....Welcome to the forum!!!!!!
    Last edited by Reilly630; 09-05-2012 at 07:31 AM.
    I'm hittin' easy street on mud tires.

Wow, I knew they Slayer was though, but not fire proof! LOL. Looks good, even with the fire damage!

RC Racer
    If you didnt tell us we almost couldnt guess it was on fire lol

RC poster
    yeah it was in a plastic tub that took most the damage.i wish i had a pic of the tub, i had to cut it just to get the truck out the remote was a a pile of goo only way i knew it was the remote was the batteries where sticking out

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly630 View Post
    Everyone was okay right no injuries? I also had two fires at my parents house the oil burner went then the dryer....not at the same time either....I'm a volunteer firemen myself. What started it bad wiring, burner, arson? I hope everyone was safe just remember items are replacable not lives.

And by the way....Welcome to the forum!!!!!!
    yeah everyone was alright it was a garage about 20 feet from the house so we lucked out there.the fire was started by a oil tank on a air compressor. at least that what the fire report said im not buying it though, i think it was wires on the compressor because it was pluged in but not on so no reason for the tank to get hot enough to explode. and if it was on the noisy ppl next door would of came over and told me it running and i havent been in there all day {yeah i got one of those living next door lol}

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaboy501 View Post
    If you didnt tell us we almost couldnt guess it was on fire lol
    i always cleaned it with the air compressor then wiped it down good after every use so it looked brand new. i dont think the flames made it through the tub it was in but i do know the tub was on fire i seen that much lol

RC Racer
    That's good glad to hear that. And I know all about those kind of neighbors had top Getty rid of two restoration cars because they called the town and apparently your not allowed to have unregistered vehicles on the premises........

RC poster
    heres just alittle update on my new truck. finally got to break it in today after weeks of working with no days off.

everything went as smooth as silk, first tune was painless,truck temp runs around the 180 mark ,the only problems im having is still with the blue ez start wire and cant keep it tracking str8.i get it going str8 but acouple of mins its tracking to the left again so im going to try pulling the servo off my old truck and hope the heat and water didnt kill it while i wait for a new one to show up.

well thats all i got for now just got to run 3 tanks after break in before the sun went down.going to put my buggy wheels on and hit the track next weekend.

Nice! Sounds like you've has a good day!

RC poster
    yeah its nice to know even after a year off i still cant drive lol

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by dan4kc View Post
    yeah its nice to know even after a year off i still cant drive lol
    Lol you'll get it eventually. I was just suprised at myself being out of the hobby world for over 5 years that i still got it. Hows the new garage?