RC Competitor

Equip revo with Werk B2 .21 engine

As the title says, im considering to put a Werk B2 .21 engine into my revo after trying out a truck with said engine since I was amazed over its low end torque.

Anyone who knows if this is a direct fit or I will have to invest in some convers kit? Got no idea what to look for when determining this so some info on that would be welcome as well :-)

Regards
    North

Skickat från min LT18i via Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    its a big block engine.. you will need to invest in big block mount kit.. i mush prefer traxxas... and also tecko ha a kit to reroute the linkages so you can better fit it on the carb of a big block... now with that said and done.. how it worked in a truggy or buggy.. (i assumed that is what you drove it in) it will not work the same in the Revo and i personally think its not worth the hassle to mount a big block in your revo.. been there done that and always revert to small block... now if you in for top speed runs go right ahead.. if you bashing in the dirt or racing or any kind rough playing.. its just to much for the revo driveline
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Competitor
    I see, thank you for the info. Considering how much work there is behind getting it to fit and the chance of breaking the driveline makes it less appealing to do it.

How exactly do you determine if something is big and small block btw? Is it some of the measurements you have to consider or what?

Skickat från min LT18i via Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    yes the mounting holes is the real difference... as a general rule anything .21 or bigger are usually big block, unless other wise specified.. anything labeled for buggy or truggy or 1/8 scale is going be big block...

and anything .20 and under is generally going to be small block.. although they have been some big block .15 and big block .19 ... if you want a goo replacement engine the the OS .21 is a small block engine designed for teh revo truck but its a bit pricey...
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Qualifier
    Much like kgombe1 said I think the true big blocks are just too much for the revo's driveline and that's why I bought the os21tm instead of the new era mount for my new in the box Orion .28 wasp that came with a savage I bought last summer.

I just wish there were more drop-in options like the os but like they say "You get what you pay for" and the os21tm is expensive and worth every penny.

J.M.O.
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's