Thread: Help

RC poster

Help

Hey ive got a problem with a brand new summit and i cant figure it out and traxxas support is closed today. So tell me what you think. the truck a few days old he has went through the the 3000's one and his 5000's once. when you plug the batteries up and turn the esc on it has no forward or reverse. The light on the esc flashes green and red and wont turn off unless you unhook the battery. Both steering servos will turn but slowly and one gets pretty hot just sitting with the truck on. The other servos for the tranny and the diffs work fine. Now when you turn the wheel the fog lights dim and the servos twitch like the fm transmitters do when they loose signal. I replace the transmitter batteries no change. I thought his truck batteries were overcharged so I tried my half charged packs with no change. I checked all the wires for a short but the truck doesn't have a scratch on it. Any ideas?

The symptoms are a dead or dying servo.Seen it a few times. lol
    Step 1 unplug the servo that gets hot and remove the linkage for the hot servo. Retest
    Likely the issue goes away
    Contact traxxas Tuesday and they will help you out.

Sent using lipo power
    Last edited by jamann; 09-02-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC poster
    ill try that right now

RC poster
    unplugged the hot servo and unhooked the linkage no change in the rest of the truck

RC poster
    THe lights are no flickering now but the esc is still flashing red and green no forward or reverse