Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    You will need to make a mounting plate for the tekin esc.i used a piece of thick lexan some heavy duty Velcro and a couple zip ties.im sure you will do something better.just be careful,the tekin and a 2000kv motor even on 4s
    Is a monuMENTAL amount of power
    Added
    It is pretty much impossible not to dip into it wayyyy to often.lol

Sent using lipo power
    Thanks jamann

Didn't even think about the batteries, so guess it will not run on 2's; rats means more money
    Did not really want to hear it was going to have that much more power, might have to get the MIP's for the axles and use red lock tight and shrink wrap to keep the grub screws in. But is mostly going to be going SLOOOW .... I know with extra power there it's hard to keep from using it, hmm itchy finger

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Yes, it will.
    You just have to run them in series, as the stock ESC does.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Edstoys View Post
    Decided to relocate my CC BEC out of the Rx box with the Punk.
    Want to know if anyone see any potential problems with where it is mounted now.
    Sorry about the last two being so out of focus, just does not like close ups.

Works well here, secured with dual-lock tape. (Yes, I know it's am ERBE, but same chassis...)
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 09-30-2012 at 10:01 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Yes sorry you just make a series harness like

Hokey mounting plate

It's got stupid power ....great captain idiot loves that. Lol
    6s I wouldn't even consider it in this truck.just too much power.

Sent using lipo power
    Last edited by jamann; 09-30-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

Progressive RC sells one. I'd suggest adding the $2 for the upgrade to 12awg from 16awg.

RC Qualifier
    Yes sorry you just make a series harness like

Sent using lipo power
    Two questions for ya Jamann
    Never mind on question one; looked up the 1/16 Summit series adapter and it matches what Progressive sells. Should have looked first
    1. Noticed in your pic that you "Y" harness uses two red (hot) wires, One I ordered from Progressive RC has one red and two blk. http://www.progressiverc.com/series-...s-adapter.html. Me still a novice at this wiring on these things the yours and what I just bought from Progressive do not look the same, nor work the same. Correct me if wrong!!
    (only ordered this as it would be cheaper than ordering plugs and wire and was on ksb51rl suggestion)
    2. Where in that series harness would the BEC be hooked up?

Thanks for the pics for clarity and the help.
    Last edited by Edstoys; 10-01-2012 at 10:50 AM.

RC Champion
    Just pretend like its one large battery and attach both wire to the red/ black corresponding wires just prior to the leads attached to the esc

Castles image

Last edited by noir 522; 10-01-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Champion
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

Just happened to be wire I had laying around.the progressive Rc one is a good deal at that price.i couldn't even get the connecters for that cheap.its putting the batts in series before the esc
    Instead of internally like the evx does
    It see's it as a single 4s pack
    Ignore the small red wire it's for voltage telemetry.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    What about my second question? Where in that ""Y" harness would a BEC be attached.

When I ran one I attached it to the female end that connects to the esc plug.so it was getting 16.8v and putting out whatever you need or decide on.
    Where the small voltage wire is on mine is where the bec was pulling power from

Sent using lipo power
    Last edited by jamann; 10-01-2012 at 02:04 PM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    When I ran one I attached it to the female end that connects to the esc plug.so it was getting 16.8v and putting out whatever you need or decide on.
    Where the small voltage wire is on mine is where the bec was pulling power from

Sent using lipo power
    Thanks Jamann; that helps me out a lot. Know my next thing is to figure out how the two systems can be interchanged the quickest and easiest way. Will keep my stock set up for snow, water, etc. and Tekin for days where water will not be involved. How stout or should say dust prof shock as in a mishap and long roll overS is the Tekin system. From reading sounds like the ESC is the weak link.
    Last edited by Edstoys; 10-01-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Mine has taken some pretty hard hits and tumbles.no issues yet. But the drivetrain does not like the power very much at all.being heavier is not going to help.my suggestion is de tune the esc
    Reduce the punch or diff destruction is a very real possibility.i haven't pulled mine apart yet,but hardened gears and outputs plus the aluminium diff cup
    Still can't take the full power when driven by a idiot(me) not looking forward to see what is left inside...it will be a mess

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Why the hot wire system is coming with mine, figured some detuning was going to be required. Hopefully I will be able to keep my idiot speed freak self under control. Mostly wanting more power/reliability due to the increased weight of the truck. Guess its pushing 14lb easy, but no scales in the house. Might end up with more questions after the unit gets here this week some time, but looks like a pretty straight forward install. Wonders if the female side of bullet connectors would work for attaching the motor wires to the ESC.

Yes,they are preferred.
    You will need to solder the motor wires
    Onto the Esc anyways so add bullet connecters to make it easier to remove the motor for cleaning the truck or working on it.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

On a power related note.
    Should your pinion gear look like this?

Broke a boca ceramic bearing killed the hardened ring gear+pinion

As a disclaimer it first made noise about
    5 minutes into the run....I kept going about 4 hours until I lost rear drive completely.
    and a first for me
    Cracked the diff case

spiders fine,cup fine,outputs fine.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

Most important question I can ask: Did you have fun?

On a side note: That should all buff right out.

Yes,fun was had !!!!a bunch of it.
    Just ask fatskie or nonstopin they were there.even with the intermittent rear diff
    Still made it up to the top....summit power
    Took 3.5 to 4 hours to "tune it just like that" where's my duct tape? I can make it work....ok maybe not lol

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Jamann; what size bullet connectors did you use? between the ESC and motor. Want to make sure I do not get to small of ones. Right now looking at the Tekin 5.5mm

5.5 will be perfect.i believe mine are 5.5

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Thanks

RC Qualifier
    It's alive again New ESC came into day and truck is running again. No lights yet as the FS switch burned out and think when it did the feed back is what damaged the ESC. Those are out of stock so no lights until they get some more.
    All my lights and both fans are wired to run off that switch and be a real hassle to wired them back as stock besides that way cooler the way they are wired now.
    Camera died and new one is supposed to show up some time this week, when it does will take some pics and a video of truck running IF I get the camera figured out fast LOL!
    Tekin just got shipped yesterday so will be next wk probably before it shows up.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry for the delay, got my new camera yesterday along with the Tekin system. Made a nice video of the truck running show the difference in turning radius with the rear steering on and could not get it down loaded to PC, keep telling me no video found. So will have try again.
    Also Radio has decided to go on the fritz and light switches do not work, truck runs and runs great but no lights until I can send the radio back to Jimmie in Nov.
    With the Tekin system already have a way figured out how to mount the ESC, hopefully.
    Here are some pics of the truck done.

What UPS brought me yesterday

RC Qualifier
    Guys I want everyone to know that Jimmie N. has been helping me with his radio system and having a couple of problems he has helped me threw them as well even not related to his radio. So if you buy something from Jimmie don't think you get it and you are in the cold....NO WAY; he will do what he can to make it right. In fact for a bit we thought I might have to send it back for him to correct something (bad switch) but I managed to fix it. So you can just feel confident in buying from Jimmie

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Thanks for the kind words!

Those tires are wicked!!
    I have always like the looks of them... it would be nice if they were a little more affordable. lol
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Good stuff with the QC Jimmie, nice to see.

That UPS shipment is always one of the best - a whole heart transplant like that makes the biggest difference! Your rig has really come a long way, I'm lovin' it!

Looking very good mate...keep up the good work
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Agreed /\ /\ /\ Your latest fan arrangement is much cleaner looking.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

RC Qualifier
    Not sure where to put this; but sure the moderators will take care of it if in the wrong place

Scheduled for an 8 hr surgery on my back on Nov. 20th from 7:30 am - approx. 3:30-4 PM. A Rod(spinal fusion) put in by a previous doc will be removed and two new longer ones will be put in.(one on each side)
    They will approx. go from just below my shoulder blades, to my tail bone. 3 -6 days in the hospital, and 6 mo. to full recovery.
    Just a explication for why I will not be on for at lest 4-6 wks. Alternative is some time down the line would end up in a wheel chair and still in a lot of pain. This has not been taken lightly by myself or wife a lot of possible problems could arise but the alternative is not pretty either. Not being able to bass fish anymore, working on my Traxxas trucks (Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, & of course the Summit) have helped me keep half way sane

Thanks HM glad you like my new fan layout and they are remote controlled (on/off)
    Still having trouble with my new camera, takes great still pics but for some reason PC will not recognized videos. Only thing I can figure is got a bad SD card.
    Last edited by Edstoys; 10-09-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edstoys View Post
    Not sure where to put this; but sure the moderators will take care of it if in the wrong place

Scheduled for an 8 hr surgery on my back on Nov. 20th from 7:30 am - approx. 3:30-4 PM. A Rod(spinal fusion) put in by a previous doc will be removed and two new longer ones will be put in.(one on each side)
    They will approx. go from just below my shoulder blades, to my tail bone. 3 -6 days in the hospital, and 6 mo. to full recovery.
    Just a explication for why I will not be on for at lest 4-6 wks. Alternative is some time down the line would end up in a wheel chair and still in a lot of pain. This has not been taken lightly by myself or wife a lot of possible problems could arise but the alternative is not pretty either. Not being able to bass fish anymore, working on my Traxxas trucks (Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, & of course the Summit) have helped me keep half way sane

Thanks HM glad you like my new fan layout and they are remote controlled (on/off)
    Still having trouble with my new camera, takes great still pics but for some reason PC will not recognized videos. Only thing I can figure is got a bad SD card.
    Well, Ed you take care of yourself.
    We are all pulling for a summit brother.
    Here's hoping all goes well and smooth
    We'll be here waiting for ya.no summits left behind...lol

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

"One never truly appreciates the absence of pain." -ksb51rl

I wish for you to not "appreciate" it soon.

Can we drive your truck?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post

Can we drive your truck?
    Sure why NOT But not paying for the gas for you to get here so you can drive it

Good luck mate...I also have a few spinal injuries of my own. I hope all goes well for you...Stay Strong.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Well as far as the camera goes right now waiting for Panasonic's CS to call back. Something is either wrong with the software CD or camera as it will not down load the video's either in AVCHD or MP4.
    Trying to get my Tekin mounted now so will have an some what straight forward switch between the Titan an the Tekin.
    Can take stills but figured most are wanting a video of the truck running, which I have down twice and can't get them edited and not real sure if Photobucket or any of the others can handle AVCHD which is the new high definition new cameras are using or MP4. If anyone is interested in seeing pics of the truck speak up and will post some newer ones.

Lets have a look mate...its always good to see .
    Rock n Rolla !

Pictures are always a good thing

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Well its done! Well almost, have a switch that is on back order from China that is needed to get my lights working again the way I want them to. That being individual sets of two without all of them coming on at once.
    Wires for the Tekin came out WAY to long, might shorten them in the future but as of right now it runs and that's that, meaning it will probably stay this way for a time.

Body lights done without the need for a plug. Did them on the front to be different and used automotive 14ga wire rings. Had to build up the height of the rigs on the body support post with solder, so they made good hard contact. Without doing that when throttle was applied or truck squatted in the rear they went off then came back on when truck leveled out. Right now they do come on when powered up, and only lights that work for now.

Rear steering

Jumble of wires, Rx box has the Punk steering computer in it as well as a switch from China to control the fan, fans when the Titan motor is in. Velcro strip is holding the excess wires up so they do not fall into the rear wheels. Like I said came out a little long...LOL

Looking down on the Tekin motor, and still real close even tho it is not a big in dia. as the Titan. Put the fan over the ESC back to help cool the motor, CCBEC, and ESC even tho it has its own little fan. Both fans are configured to blow air down.

Last edited by Edstoys; 10-12-2012 at 05:15 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Continuing.

Another view

Here trying to show a small piece of Plexiglass cut so it fit down into the slot next to the batter compartment vent until it hit the foam bumper in the battery compartment and rests against the transmission. Wires where then run between it and the vent cover keeping the wires away from the shifting rod.

Hope this gives some others idea for their own rig !

One more thing when the back ordered switch comes in, running two Rx's will only have one slot left open an that will be on the 2nd Rx one of the ch. 1 slots all others are taken why all the wires.....wiring nightmare.
    Also got my shock damping kit in that Jimmie did to his, but not sure I want to take this all apart again to get to the rear shocks !
    Last edited by Edstoys; 10-12-2012 at 05:11 AM.

RC Racer
    WOW!! nice build you should be proud of it, very nice. Professional job if I may say so.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 04zrx View Post
    WOW!! nice build you should be proud of it, very nice. Professional job if I may say so.
    Thanks 04, parts of it I'm proud of some of it know can be done better