RC Qualifier

Question how to keep top shock mount screws tight

So locktite isn't an option because its plastic, already stripped one position from over tightening. Tire glue?

Yes CA glue is like using Loctite when you are putting a screw into a plastic part.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Simple permanent fix is screw installed from the back of the shock tower to the front.Then install a nut with lock-tight.I used towers
    conversion table to get mm screw size.Went to A-main did a search was able to get all black hardware.Note RPM's back tower is
    thicker than the front.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Champion
    I know permatex makes a threadlocker for plastics. Not sure if it would work with a metal screw fastened into plastic. May be worth a try.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    Duuh, longer screw with nut is the answer. Thanks allot Having to go home cause your shock fell off sucks, happened twice now.

Quote Originally Posted by braaap58 View Post
    Duuh, longer screw with nut is the answer. Thanks allot Having to go home cause your shock fell off sucks, happened twice now.
    You will need a spacer to make this idea work as well as the screw you are replacing is a shoulder screw so you will need a spacer to fill up the area in the shock cap where the screw goes through the shock.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    You will need a spacer to make this idea work as well as the screw you are replacing is a shoulder screw so you will need a spacer to fill up the area in the shock cap where the screw goes through the shock.
    Good catch Dad,I'm using big bores so the proper spacer is already available.I believe they're on the parts tree,as I ended-up
    with extras somehow.Should also mention using washers on both sides of the shock cap.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail