RC Competitor

jato sounds like a baby rattle and sputters after a few high speed passes

ok so i have a 56 tooth metal spur and a metal cluth bad i know i plan on changing spur to plastic next week maybe thats the rattle? ive been playing in the dirt with my buddy his revo and merv so i have big back tires and ive changed my 2nd gear so it shifts soon actually i think i have it so that its basically in 2nd the whole time (is this possible) the sputtering i cant figure out i put a clean air filter in new plug engine is dirty n btw what should i do as post run maint after dirt just basics any insight would be great thanks guys

RC Qualifier
    Streatched clutch bell.spring comes to mind.

Recently anotger member had an odd "tocking" sound. Spend a good bit looking around for the cause, but as far as I know the source wasnt found. That stuff drives me nuts, but much inspection didnt turn up anything.

RC Qualifier
    Big back tires and second gear = heavy load on the engine.I think this is a bad move.
    nutty like a squirrel turd....!!!!!

RC Champion
    Is it possible that you have a screw rattling around somewhere?
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Competitor
    ok rattle was just the metal on metal gears switched to 54 tooth plastic spur n no rattle i put my street tires back on tuned the idle down a bit and richened up the hs needle n she runs fine now just playing with second gear it used to be much louder when it switched now its half as loud almost cant tell seem to have lost power somewhere although i had it doing wheelies from stopped thanks guys for the suggestions and appreciate anymore advice

RC Racer
    how is tempertures ? air leak ? exhaust manifold gasket ? more imformation would be helpful

RC Enthusiast
    I believe assassin is referring to me, i recently had a metal pinging noise. after playing around with it, tuning it, and taking it apart i believe it was my Lsn being to lean. Like i said i took everything apart and it all seemed to be fine. After adjusting and tuning the sound went away.