RC Competitor

Spinning tires off the rims...

Running Mamba Pro Max 5700 with 3s Lipos. Tires keep coming off eveni my beadlock dirt hawgs! Any suggestions?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Get a rim that takes glue?
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    front and back? do you have a center diff?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppah View Post
    Running Mamba Pro Max 5700 with 3s Lipos. Tires keep coming off eveni my beadlock dirt hawgs! Any suggestions?
    Take your beadlocks apart and scuff up both surfaces that touch the tire so it can get a better hold.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Qualifier
    I have to agree with jimmie, I finally gave up on beadlocks when I'm running 3S. You also need a really good glue job on glued rims if you're doing speed runs on pavement. The centrifugal force yanks the tires away from the rims pretty hard!
    Merv: Neu, MMP

RC Competitor
    Center diff is installed. Will try to scuff up the beadlocks. It was crazy, it took the front tires off in like 15 seconds! And it was on dirt/tanbark. Is actual tire glue the best or rubber cement?

RC Racer
    CA glue (Karzy Glue, Super Glue) is what is typically used. Don't use rubber cement.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i use krazy glue advanced formula and it has held up on 65mph speed runs .even runs where i hit the throttle too hard on a speed run at 50 causing major balloning!

RC Qualifier
    Glue the tire to the bead locks it worked for me