RC poster

slash center differential? good or bad for stampede?

I jsut swapped my stock slipper clutch for a slash center diff, has anyone else had any luck with this? the
    front tires jsut pankacke and its hard to steer, but it does make the overall driveability better

RC Qualifier
    I was thinking about trying that and called Traxxas. They said it's just for racing, not a good idea for bashing.

If you use thicker oil in the diff, the ballooning of the front end will decrease. And the center diff is also an "upgrade" for the Pede, not only the Slash.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC poster
    changed the oil to lucas 7000 diff oil and took it to the dirt track today, oval and off road course it handled much better, on asphalt its ok... taking the jumps is 100 percent better it comes off level and when it lands the front wheels pull the rear wheels down and it takes off wonderfully, 40 dollars well spent

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    I agree that it can be an upgrade also. You will not get wheelies like before, but you can add very thick oil. It may also be a little easier on the rear driveshafts. I ran 20000 wt oil on my platinum slash for bashing. Be advised that using thin oil, and letting the ft tires spool up will create a lot of heat in the diff and can cause failures to plastic parts in that center location.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???