RC poster

Traxxas VXL 3s won't turn off.

Could anybody shed any light on why is my VXL ESC won't turn off anymore. It started when I was running on wet condition and running in some puddles. After that esc won't turn off anymore, so what I did is I disconnect the battery directly. But when I reconnect the battery the ESC will turn on automatically and won't turn off again unless battery pack is disconnected. I let it dry for many hours but to no avail. Same thing happens.
    Any help would greatly be appreciated.
    Last edited by kenites; 09-01-2012 at 09:10 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Maybe the switch got wet and since water conducts electricity, it is making the switch act like a solid wire, eliminating the switch function. I remove all my switches anyways. I turn mines off by disconnecting the battery

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by josh62685 View Post
    Maybe the switch got wet and since water conducts electricity, it is making the switch act like a solid wire, eliminating the switch function. I remove all my switches anyways. I turn mines off by disconnecting the battery

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    That's what I'm thinking. Maybe there's still water inside. I will let it dry for few more hours.
    Thanks josh

This is a typical problem for the velineon esc - the button sticks. There are a few fixes floating around the forum but I think it voids the warranty. I'd give traxxas a call; they'll probably do a free replacement if it isn't that old.

Sent from Tapatalk version 3.14159265359
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

I am the same as Josh. I turn my truck on and off by plugging the battery in and out. If it is still under warranty, get the free replacement.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Competitor
    Mine was stuck down, would change from low voltage detection and back again over and over. A couple drops of wd 40 on the button. Let that work its way down to the seals on the button and it freed up. Been a couple months with no issue yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RC poster
    Thank you guys for the input. As of now the esc condition improves. At least it's not as stuck as before. It won't keep changing the modes as before.

RC Racer
    Mine did the same. Remove the ESC and pull the two halves apart and allow it to dry (Air nozzle or set it in a bag of rice. Rice will pull any moister in the unit) The water can get in through the sensor plug cap. It's located on the opposite side of the Off/On button on the bottom half of the ESC.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by YFZBOB View Post
    Mine did the same. Remove the ESC and pull the two halves apart and allow it to dry (Air nozzle or set it in a bag of rice. Rice will pull any moister in the unit) The water can get in through the sensor plug cap. It's located on the opposite side of the Off/On button on the bottom half of the ESC.
    Might want to try this also.
    Thanks sir