Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    jonesdallas
    Also, I know its Integy... but did you ever try either of their steering servo saver setups?

Im ordering one of these too to try and handle the savox a lil better, Plus the HD spring.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesdallas View Post
    Nice job! Shes real pretty. Ive been checking out this thread a few times in the last week. Good to see your still around. Mind if I ask what your using right now for a steering servo in the summit? I ordered a SA-1230. I know you had a problem with one, but had success with another in a slayer I believe. Howd your summit like the Savox`s?
    The problem I had with the Savox SA-1230SG servo was when I turned the steering sensitivity up to 100% it would cause the servo to glitch slightly while turning left or right...leaving it at 0% the problem has gone away. I am still using the Savox SA-1230SG as is, still with no issues and going strong.

My eSlayer has a Savox SA-1231SG Servo and my Rally has a Savox SA 1258TG with a glitch buster as my MM2 ESC was experiencing brownouts.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesdallas View Post
    Also, I know its Integy... but did you ever try either of their steering servo saver setups?

Im ordering one of these too to try and handle the savox a lil better, Plus the HD spring.

I have never tried the Integy servo savers...they look similar to STRC's servo saver. With the HD spring I don't see why it wouldn't work. You may want to cut the 1 arm off if you are using a single servo, or you could leave it.

I am using the Hot Racing servo saver on Summit...Post #123 for the info. It came with its own heavy duty spring...like the Integy it came with a dual steering arm which I cut down to a single.
    Rock n Rolla !

jonesdallas
    Cool, thanks for the update. Im looking at 3 models ro choose from for my single servo upgrade. Any suggestions? Looking for 400-500oz.

Ill let ya know how the integy holds up. Im not needing ro trim the steering arm since all that linkage will be covered by tbone chassis skid plate. It will all be covered so I wont worry about it catching on anything.
    Last edited by jonesdallas; 04-08-2013 at 06:45 AM.

Look at the Savox SA-1230SG or Hitec 7950TH...I'm running one of those in my eRevo. The Hitec costs a lot more...its also not as twitchy and noisy (talkative) as the Savox. I am running my Hitec without an external BEC on my MM with no issues at 6V.
    Rock n Rolla !

I got a new vid I made that I wanted to share with all...this is of my eRevo at one of our local bash spots...We filmed the video from my mates quadcopter with a GoPro attached. This is still a work in progress as we are trying to find our GROOVE with each other. The more we do this I am sure the better we will become at filming and getting better shots of our rigs in action.

Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    I got a new vid I made that I wanted to share with all...this is of my eRevo at one of our local bash spots...We filmed the video from my mates quadcopter with a GoPro attached. This is still a work in progress as we are trying to find our GROOVE with each other. The more we do this I am sure the better we will become at filming and getting better shots of our rigs in action.

Awesome video mate, love the filming technique
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    Awesome video mate, love the filming technique
    Thanks mate...we used a quadcopter as its a lot more stable for filming than a helicopter. I think with a bit more practice between the two of us we will be able to get some great aerial footage...as said, it is still a work in progress.

Here is another vid, this ones of my eSlayer in action with the quadcopter...short piece of the eRevo in there before I broke a driveshaft but some good footage of the eSlayer...again just showing the quadcopter footage.

I will try get some of my Summit bashing at this track in the next few weeks.

Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Thanks mate...we used a quadcopter as its a lot more stable for filming than a helicopter. I think with a bit more practice between the two of us we will be able to get some great aerial footage...as said, it is still a work in progress.

Here is another vid, this ones of my eSlayer in action with the quadcopter...short piece of the eRevo in there before I broke a driveshaft but some good footage of the eSlayer...again just showing the quadcopter footage.

I will try get some of my Summit bashing at this track in the next few weeks.

Again mate, a truly awesome video. The quad copter is a lot more stable, can't wait to see more of your summit
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Another awesome build my friend. Keep up the good work. I have some catching up to do myself.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Another awesome build my friend. Keep up the good work. I have some catching up to do myself.
    Thanks for the feedback mate...I shot some footage at the local track this weekend I need to upload, I forgot how much fun the Summit is with the DeWalt motor. I really haven't been doing any crawling lately either, just general bashing around .
    Rock n Rolla !

<<Summit RC Track Bash>>

Hey guys...here's a vid I shot of my Summit at the local RC Track this weekend. I really haven't been doing a lot of crawling lately as I have been hanging out at the track when I can...So recently I decided to take my Summit there to get some much needed attention, as you can see I have forgotten how much fun the Summit is to bash around.

I am once again running 17/68 gearing in my rig...Enjoy .

Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    I had a spare set of HPP hex adapters lying around from my eRevo spares, so I thought I would use them for this build.

I personally think that these are one of the best hex adapters on the market. From my experience with the eRevo, they have totally eliminated my wheel slop.

These are the HPP hex adapters ready to be installed, again I am not going to go into to much details of the installation of the adapters.

To install I put a drop of blue thread lock on the end of the thread on the drive axle

I then put a bead of grease on the locking nut that holds the hex adapter in place. This is to allow for an easy fit to the hex adapter and axle shaft

This is it all fitted together just leaving the locking nut to be fully tightened

The end result, all the hex adapters fitted to the drive shafts

Can you tell me where to get these adapters. I have goggled everything I can think of and can not find them anywhere. I looked up HPP, HPI, hex adapters etc etc. I really want to solve the wheel slop problem and now i'm running the mudslingers it's really bad. Desperate in Colorado

Here you go mate...HPP 17mm Hex Adapter...they are fairly pricey tho. If you you cant afford those I have been having great success with the Integy 6mm offset adapter...post #121.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    It's not all the hex causing slop. I used shrink tube to tighten my hex. Worked great but after mounting the mudslingers I noticed that the hub bearing (the large one) seems to have a lot of slop. I even replaced all the bearings got rid of a bit but not all

Quote Originally Posted by BRICK57 View Post
    Can you tell me where to get these adapters. I have goggled everything I can think of and can not find them anywhere. I looked up HPP, HPI, hex adapters etc etc. I really want to solve the wheel slop problem and now i'm running the mudslingers it's really bad. Desperate in Colorado
    You could also shim between the hex and the knuckle...I've done this on all my rigs and works great to help reduce slop, I made my own...post #122. If your hex adapters are worn this will help some what. Good luck with it mate .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Here you go mate...HPP 17mm Hex Adapter...they are fairly pricey tho. If you you cant afford those I have been having great success with the Integy 6mm offset adapter...post #121.
    Sorry I dont mean to be a pain. Looked up the HPP site and its all in German language. Tried to order but not speaking German I messed it all up. Do you know if there is anyone else that sells these or a HPP website in english.

RC Champion
    Their should be a conversion on the top right corner

RC Racer
    Sorry I dont mean to be a pain. Looked up the HPP site and its all in German language. Tried to order but not speaking German I messed it all up. Do you know if there is anyone else that sells these or a HPP website in english.
    Their site is in English and German. Here's the link for English, http://www.hpp-germany.com/factory-s...5f08cd43e01083.
    Tekin powered Summit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1971 View Post
    Their site is in English and German. Here's the link for English, http://www.hpp-germany.com/factory-s...5f08cd43e01083.
    Thank you for the info. I tried to order a couple sets and their system is suppose to send a verification number to your cell phone. never received it, so my order is in libo. emailed them and hopefully i can get it figured out. Oh what we wont do for our Summits. Thanks again.

UPDATE - HEARD BACK FROM HPP AND BOUGHT THEM THROUGH PAYPAL. NO SECURITY PHONE NEEDED. NOW I WAIT, AND WAIT AND WAIT
    Last edited by BRICK57; 05-30-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Thank you for the info. I tried to order a couple sets and their system is suppose to send a verification number to your cell phone. never received it, so my order is in libo. emailed them and hopefully i can get it figured out. Oh what we wont do for our Summits. Thanks again.

UPDATE - HEARD BACK FROM HPP AND BOUGHT THEM THROUGH PAYPAL. NO SECURITY PHONE NEEDED. NOW I WAIT, AND WAIT AND WAIT
    Mate, I am not sure why the link came out in German...I had clicked on English before pasting the link. I am glad its sorted out.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Mate, I am not sure why the link came out in German...I had clicked on English before pasting the link. I am glad its sorted out.
    No problem, I just appreciate you being willing to help me out. I ordered 4 sets of 4 of the hex adapters from HPP. I know sooner or later im going to have to put them on all of my Summits. I looked at the integy but have heard so many great things about the HPP I just bit the bullet and ordered them. I love this thread of yours, Im still trying to get through it all but when I have an issue or want to mod something I check over this thread and more times than not you have done it. Keep up the great posts with photos. You help us noobs look like we know what were doing. Thanks Again.

No worries mate...I am glad the thread was of some use to you .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    That's a great avatar you have there Mitch.
    Tekin powered Summit

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1971 View Post
    That's a great avatar you have there Mitch.
    Cheers mate...thanks! My wife thought it was appropriate as I am forever buying RC parts.
    Rock n Rolla !

Pics in my thread working again.

I haven't really been using my Summit much lately...and due to all the rain over the past 6 weeks I haven't had a chance to use any of my Rigs at all...I am thinking about parting company with this but still undecided at the moment.

I am also glad to see that the info provided below has come in handy for some members.

One thing that drove me crazy with my eRevo was the amount of slop the diff had in the bulkhead. I noticed a similar issue with the Summit bulkheads.

I was going through my build last night and when I moved the drive shafts up an down, there it was, the slop. It wasn't as bad as the eRevo but it is something that will annoy me. I also think it was one of the main reasons I was stripping ring gears in the eRevo all the time.

I thought if I could fill the gap in the bulkheads to keep the diff snug and in place I would get more life out of my diff gears.

My solution, hot glue...the beauty with this is it is not permanent and very easy to remove. Hot glue sticks are fairly cheap too.

The end result...the bulkhead took a whole glue stick. I am very happy with this and the way it is now, as I have eliminated all the slop the diff had in the bulkhead

I will need to test this and see how it works...I am confident that this is a good solution. What is nice about this glue is that it dries like a soft rubber (almost like silicone); and will have good shock absorbing properties.
    I am a firm believer in bearing maintenance...I re grease my bearings to increase the life span of the bearing and for smoother operation including the wheel bearings.

This is the grease that I use...(it must be good stuff, it's endorsed by NASCAR )

This is the lubricant I use to clean my bearings before re greasing (RP 7)...I also use this on my rod ends where the balls are to keep free moving...once lubricated I blow compressed air to remove the excess lube.

The bearings pictured below are from my eRevo. These are the rear wheel bearings that were greased by me about 2 months back as I have been running my truck in a lot of loose dirt and were seizing up from this. As you can see the dirt collected on the outside of the bearing...I find that they don't collect as much dirt as some people say they do; it also might be the grease that I am using.

These bearings were still turning smoothly and did not feel gritty at all despite the dirt collecting on the outside of the bearing. They probably did not need to be re greased but since I had them out I cleaned and re greased anyway.

Here is a pic of the front wheel bearings with the seals popped off. I have been using the eRevo a fair bit in muddy and wet conditions. These bearings hadn't been re greased before; as you can see their was evidence of rust and were feeling slightly seized.

I repacked all my wheel bearings with grease before popping the seals back on, cleaning and reassembling.

I even re greased the bell crank bearings as they too were feeling a bit rough.

Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    DUDE!!! Dont get rid of your summit! That should be the last to go LoL.

Absolutely gotten use of your info, I only started caring for bearings and bulkheads after reading your threads Great stuff
    To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

RC Qualifier
    I agree don't go. Keep the Summit. I think your build threads are the best I have seen anywhere. You do the posts in such a way that if I have never done it before or it has been a while, I can always go and check out your builder threads and it gives me confidence to do the wrenching. I hope for sunshine and better times with your rigs.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Adventurer View Post
    DUDE!!! Dont get rid of your summit! That should be the last to go LoL.

Absolutely gotten use of your info, I only started caring for bearings and bulkheads after reading your threads Great stuff
    Thanks for the feedback mate...I appreciate it. If its not raining this weekend I may take the Summit down to the local RC Park for a bash session and see if I can re-spark some interest in the Beast.
    Rock n Rolla !

I agree don't go. Keep the Summit. I think your build threads are the best I have seen anywhere. You do the posts in such a way that if I have never done it before or it has been a while, I can always go and check out your builder threads and it gives me confidence to do the wrenching. I hope for sunshine and better times with your rigs.
    I am glad this thread has been of some use to you mate.... Maybe I need to drop a brushless combo and a new body for this Rig but still keep it running 2/2s to mix it up. I have a few spare VDK piston kits lying around...maybe I need to re-look at this rigs set up; it really doesn't do a lot of crawling as the terrain around me limits the Summits capabilities.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    I am glad this thread has been of some use to you mate.... Maybe I need to drop a brushless combo and a new body for this Rig but still keep it running 2/2s to mix it up. I have a few spare VDK piston kits lying around...maybe I need to re-look at this rigs set up; it really doesn't do a lot of crawling as the terrain around me limits the Summits capabilities.
    How can the terrain around you limit the Summit's capabilities? I think most instances where people have wanted to get rid of their summit, it is because the terrain around them was not challenging their Summit, so they wanted a touring car or a SCT/buggy.
    Brushless 19/62 SPC 8.2 It's not a Tekin or a MM

Quote Originally Posted by Deviate View Post
    How can the terrain around you limit the Summit's capabilities? I think most instances where people have wanted to get rid of their summit, it is because the terrain around them was not challenging their Summit, so they wanted a touring car or a SCT/buggy.
    There is really no where around where I can use the Summit to its true potential (as you've pointed out the terrain around me is not challenging my Summit)...It got boring real quick for me crawling Forest floor and dried out creeks.
    Rock n Rolla !

Cool SL4SH (xlMT) build.

This is my new SL4SH (xlMT) build...you can find my build thread <<HERE>>.

I have been having so much fun with this rig...it awesome. The power Plant is MM2 2200kv combo running a single 4s with MOD 0.8 18/54 gearing. Its plenty fast and powerful for me...Its my version of a scaled down 1/8 monster truck.

I am seriously thinking of putting a brushless system into my Summit so it gets more use than its getting now.

Again, the photo doesn't do the paintwork any justice.
    =====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====

=====
    =====
    My SL4SH is the big brother of my Rally PF8-GT...I don't have a pic of the two of them together yet.
    =====
    =====
    Last edited by MITCH316; 09-11-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Liking the Slash, that may be one of my next trucks now that the summit and revo are fully complete.

I have those spin top proline tabs too... I like em, how are they holding up for you?
    To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

RC Competitor
    That looks like a sweet bash spot

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Adventurer View Post
    Liking the Slash, that may be one of my next trucks now that the summit and revo are fully complete.

I have those spin top proline tabs too... I like em, how are they holding up for you?
    Thanks mate...I'm really enjoying the Slash. It's half the weight of the eRevo and makes a great little basher . The spin top proline tabs are great, just make sure they are fastened tight or you will loose them as I have found out.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbyclassrc View Post
    That looks like a sweet bash spot
    Cheers mate, its not to far from where I live. I have loads of fun there with my rigs.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    Your summit build thread is awesome...and needless to say I laughed at your profile picture and showed my wife. Hopefully at some point ill get the cash to upgrade beyond tires and the dual 700ho's

RC Competitor
    Go brushless. I got a Mamba Monster 2 for mine, and It is FUN! people say its bad at low speed, but there is very little cogging and surging.
    2 custom Nitros
    Rustler VXL
    Mamba Monster Summit

RC Racer
    I am confident that this is a good solution. What is nice about this glue is that it dries like a soft rubber (almost like silicone); and will have good shock absorbing properties.
    so now, just less slop? It seems implied by your last statement that the glue "will have good shock aborsbing properties". Why not epoxy it?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIFTT IX MR View Post
    so now, just less slop? It seems implied by your last statement that the glue "will have good shock aborsbing properties". Why not epoxy it?
    Hot glue is easy to remove, so upgrades/replacements will be possible.
    2 custom Nitros
    Rustler VXL
    Mamba Monster Summit