Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 121 to 160 of 180
  1. #121
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    441
    What's a good Duratrax all-terrain tire ?

  2. #122
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    408
    Lockup is good...

    Rally
    Slash 4x4 Platinum x2
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

  3. #123
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Sobrante, Ca
    Posts
    7,562
    That tire has an aggressive yet civilized tread pattern. I would like to hear from someone who has run these tires how they perform.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

  4. #124
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    404
    I think dr isotope ran them on the slash 8 and said they were really good. I remember him posting a vid comparing them to proline gladiators and they balloned a lot less

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Building Boost; 01-08-2014 at 11:01 AM.

  5. #125
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SoFLa
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by aburg2 View Post
    No problem!!!

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]

    I have these mounted on Pro Line Pro-Trac Renegade wheels. I have the Pro-Trac suspension on this truck. With the high grip tires, I STILL couldn't roll it!!!

    AB
    Totally sweet looking ride, ABurg!!!

  6. #126
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Sobrante, Ca
    Posts
    7,562
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTestDummy View Post
    Totally sweet looking ride, ABurg!!!
    That is a very nice looking truck! I have a picture of my Rob MacCachren body with the Duratrax Bandito tires!

    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

  7. #127
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    pageland, sc(south of monroe)
    Posts
    3,760
    Will the slash wheelie on pavement with banditos?

    I answered my own question. I should have read thoroughly instead of skimming :/.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 01-08-2014 at 10:51 PM.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

  8. #128
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Sobrante, Ca
    Posts
    7,562
    Quote Originally Posted by landonspop View Post
    For my Rally LCG, do you recommend aluminum wheels or plastic? Would I benefit from heavy wheels for traction?
    I like the aluminum wheels! The added weight adds more traction and they seem to add stability. I can see a huge difference between aluminum and plastic wheels performance.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

  9. #129
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    115
    has anyone installed the 1/8th bandito tires on a slash 4x4? were any modifications needed to make em fit?

  10. #130
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by yotes86 View Post
    has anyone installed the 1/8th bandito tires on a slash 4x4? were any modifications needed to make em fit?
    I am not the expert, but I have been told you can with buggy wheels and a 17mm adapter set. Rally and slash 4x4 use same wheels.

    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...18#post5630218
    see post 21
    Last edited by landonspop; 01-09-2014 at 07:33 PM.

  11. #131
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    115
    ok will check that out. are you doing that to your slash? know of full aluminum rims for the slash 4x4?

  12. #132
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Mesa az
    Posts
    345
    I think rc4wd made all aluminum wheels but there really expensive. I have 17mm wheels and I love them espically for the ground clearance.

  13. #133
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by yotes86 View Post
    ok will check that out. are you doing that to your slash? know of full aluminum rims for the slash 4x4?
    I have the Rally. I have read where you don't want to add weight below the shocks ( frame, wheels, tires, arms..etc) Can over heat the motor and reduce speed, but have not proven or heard from an expert. They do look nice. I have not found a wheel I like yet.

    Some aluminum wheels are for crawlers only and some state not for brushless motors, but not sure why. (speed?)

    I am finding aluminum wheels (fronts) with nylon backs to keep weight down, but I am still studying this option.

    I want sports car looking wheels for the Duratrax bandits.

    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...Who-Makes-Them
    Last edited by landonspop; 01-09-2014 at 09:20 PM.

  14. #134
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Sobrante, Ca
    Posts
    7,562
    Quote Originally Posted by landonspop View Post
    I have the Rally. I have read where you don't want to add weight below the shocks ( frame, wheels, tires, arms..etc) Can over heat the motor and reduce speed, but have not proven or heard from an expert. They do look nice. I have not found a wheel I like yet.

    Some aluminum wheels are for crawlers only and some state not for brushless motors, but not sure why. (speed?)

    I am finding aluminum wheels (fronts) with nylon backs to keep weight down, but I am still studying this option.

    I want sports car looking wheels for the Duratrax bandits.

    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...Who-Makes-Them
    I have ran aluminum wheels for a few years now. I have had no ill effects at all. As for speed, I almost always get the jump because of the increased traction due to the extra weight. People say all kinds of things that are incorrect.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

  15. #135
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    That tire has an aggressive yet civilized tread pattern. I would like to hear from someone who has run these tires how they perform.
    I have the Lockup...
    They perform well.
    Have mostly used them on this track we made.
    Rally
    Slash 4x4 Platinum x2
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

  16. #136
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I have ran aluminum wheels for a few years now. I have had no ill effects at all. As for speed, I almost always get the jump because of the increased traction due to the extra weight. People say all kinds of things that are incorrect.
    Can someone explain how adding unsprung weight can be a good thing? This just goes against everything I've learned about offroad vehicles in general, not just rc.

    I can see if your truck needed to run a lower spring rate and you added weight to the wheels which slowed the suspension down enough to seem like the wheels helped, when the real solution was more dampening or a lower spring rate.

    If there is a benifit to it, please explain, im always up for learning something.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

  17. #137
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Sobrante, Ca
    Posts
    7,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Building Boost View Post
    Can someone explain how adding unsprung weight can be a good thing? This just goes against everything I've learned about offroad vehicles in general, not just rc.

    I can see if your truck needed to run a lower spring rate and you added weight to the wheels which slowed the suspension down enough to seem like the wheels helped, when the real solution was more dampening or a lower spring rate.

    If there is a benifit to it, please explain, im always up for learning something.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2
    To be honest, I cannot tell you the pros or cons. All I know is that I prefer to run trucks with aluminum wheels than without. Better control in cornering and acceleration. Everyone has their own personal preference.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

  18. #138
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    13
    New to this forum.

    These tires look sweet and i want to put them on my truck.


    Slash 4x4 Ultimate -

    Do the banditos come in 2.2 size and what do i need to buy to get them set up correctly?

    Where to buy?
    Can I buy mounted?

    Any info will help.

    Thanks

  19. #139
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    404
    You can buy them at towerhobbies.com. they don't sell the bandito premounted on slash wheels tho. You'll need slash 4x4 offset wheels which are the same as slash 2wd rear offset. After that you'll need inserts and ca glue, I like jconcepts profiled inserts and aka tire glue.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

  20. #140
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Sobrante, Ca
    Posts
    7,562
    Quote Originally Posted by goceltics34 View Post
    New to this forum.

    These tires look sweet and i want to put them on my truck.


    Slash 4x4 Ultimate -

    Do the banditos come in 2.2 size and what do i need to buy to get them set up correctly?

    Where to buy?
    Can I buy mounted?

    Any info will help.

    Thanks
    Let make this easy on you.

    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCHPD&P=7

    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYKU6&P=7

    The first are the tires the second are the wheels. Get a good glue to hold them on and you are ready to go!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

  21. #141
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    115
    surprised they dont sell them pre mounted you would think someone would do that. if i can clear 2.8s on my slash without mods i may go that route. never done any install of rc tires as i am new aswell, would prefer them mounted.

    really would like a set of aluminum rims....y discontinue a good product?

  22. #142
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDCGE&P=7
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCNZB&P=ML
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXZXN5&P=ML

    I would like to know if these work together and then fit the Rally 1/10.

    This is as close to what I was looking for as I can find. The blue wheel nuts would match the blue on the car.
    Blue Traxxas Rally 1/10 4x4
    1st ever RC

  23. #143
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Let make this easy on you.

    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCHPD&P=7

    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYKU6&P=7

    The first are the tires the second are the wheels. Get a good glue to hold them on and you are ready to go!

    That is awesome!

    Thank you very much.

  24. #144
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by goceltics34 View Post
    New to this forum.

    These tires look sweet and i want to put them on my truck.


    Slash 4x4 Ultimate -

    Do the banditos come in 2.2 size and what do i need to buy to get them set up correctly?

    Where to buy?
    Can I buy mounted?

    Any info will help.

    Thanks
    You can get the Louise Rocket mounted (it's the same tire). Here's a set of four:

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOUISE-1-10-...item20dabd1ab1

    Rally
    Slash 4x4 Platinum x2
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

  25. #145
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Building Boost View Post
    You can buy them at towerhobbies.com. they don't sell the bandito premounted on slash wheels tho. You'll need slash 4x4 offset wheels which are the same as slash 2wd rear offset. After that you'll need inserts and ca glue, I like jconcepts profiled inserts and aka tire glue.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2


    I just made the purchase.
    I see that the tires already come with inserts. Are those fine to use or do you recommend thr jconcept inserts?

    Thanks

  26. #146
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    404
    They're fine. I just use thoes because the tires I use don't come with any.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

  27. #147
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    115
    thanks sverige for the link. same tire but different brand is all?

  28. #148
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Temecula,CA
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    That tire has an aggressive yet civilized tread pattern. I would like to hear from someone who has run these tires how they perform.
    I ran them when I had my 2wd and they were great in terms of grip, kept the truck in a straight line and was really controllable on loose dry dirt. Didn't have then for too long so I can't comment on treadwear.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

  29. #149
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by yotes86 View Post
    thanks sverige for the link. same tire but different brand is all?
    Yes, it's the same. Louise tires are distributed exclusively in the US under the Duratrax brand.
    Rally
    Slash 4x4 Platinum x2
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

  30. #150
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    126
    My Louise Rockets (Banditos) on aluminium wheels. They are glued, and getting the glue to bond the rubber and anodized aluminium is a but tricky, but holding up well. A great tire, I have them taped and have so far run them up to about 60mph. Hoping to crack 80 or more soon.



    I run the Louise Rockets (same as Duratrax Lockup) for off road use. Once again taped, but these are on Aluminium beadlocks. This is an awesome combination!


  31. #151
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Sobrante, Ca
    Posts
    7,562
    Its good to see someone else who loves aluminum wheels! Both sets of those wheels look really good. Those tires will do wonderfully at 79.97 mph! On my old Slash 4x4 that was the tire I did most of my speed runs on.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

  32. #152
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    126
    I did a quick speed run tonight and got to 72mph. A little bit of ballooning, but stable.

  33. #153
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Sobrante, Ca
    Posts
    7,562
    You will be quite pleased by their performance no matter what speed you get up to. I really like the look of the bare aluminum wheels you have. I am sure they are also discontinued.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

  34. #154
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by Australian Slash Driver View Post
    I run the Louise Rockets (same as Duratrax Lockup) for off road use.
    Good tires
    But you mean Pioneer...
    Rally
    Slash 4x4 Platinum x2
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

  35. #155
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Sverige View Post
    Good tires
    But you mean Pioneer...
    Yes, Pioneers! And yes, they are an amazing tyre. Super durable both on and off road.

  36. #156
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    114
    Will the bandito tires fit on proline beadlock wheels without any issues? Need new street tires. Might pick up some lock ups to.

  37. #157
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    You will be quite pleased by their performance no matter what speed you get up to. I really like the look of the bare aluminum wheels you have. I am sure they are also discontinued.
    Hey El Sob, I am completely happy with them, and also the Pioneers for off road.

    As for the beadlocks, they are an Outlaw Wheel from RC4WD. And yes, discontinued, although I got them not long ago for $80 for the complete set in Australia, which is an awesome deal as they were originally $120 per pair. So far I have run them on 4s and haven't had any trouble with the tyre pulling out of the bead. And they look the boss!

  38. #158
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Land o' flat.....
    Posts
    1,061
    Are the Banditos for on road or off road?
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

  39. #159
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by summitbasher240 View Post
    Are the Banditos for on road or off road?
    Meant for On-road.
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

  40. #160
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Land o' flat.....
    Posts
    1,061
    Thanks Chopstx.

    It's weird, because the online retailer (Canadian retailer) I buy from has them premounted for Slash and other trucks.
    Last edited by summitbasher240; 04-15-2014 at 07:39 PM.
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •