Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Competitor
    Sounds good. Remember who makes the rims? I'm thinking about a set of Split Six rims.
    Slash 4X4 SSC , T-MAXX, Revo and Bandit
    TQi, iPod

I just did find out who made them! But it seems like they are discontinued. They are made by rc4wd.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

Ok so I have about seventy five packs on the tires now. They still are doing great! I am still impressed with their wear and performance. Hobbytown in Concord, Ca had a tight test track and I ran on it for like thirty minutes! The SPC lipo performed great! I ran the truck for about an hour straight. Went home and it still had a charge on it! Charging it at 10, 800 or 10.8c is great for quick turn around times! Also found out my charger will charge up to 20, 000 or 20c! I didn't charge the lipo at that rate but that is its top rate! I had never looked into the settings to see the rate it will charge. So 10.8 is not even close to being maxed out!
    Last edited by El Sob; 10-01-2012 at 05:34 AM.

RC Racer
    I am looking to buy an Ultimate Slash, and these seem like good street tires for it. What other types of wheels fit with them?

They will fit any short course wheels! You will be very happy with these tires! Will keep you from wearing out the off-road tires that come on your truck

For an update on how the tires are doing. I have run around 100 packs through them and they stil look good. They do have wear but are not close to being bald! I am still really happy with them! I plan on getting another set for my other truck

RC Champion
    Someone is in love...

Thinking these might be good on the rally.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    El sob, I notice you are running yellow main springs, how does that work for you? Look like we have similar setups, 2400 for you 2200 for me, I bottom out on yellows. I see the top compression spring is completely tight
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Qualifier
    El sob, I notice you are running yellow main springs, how does that work for you? Look like we have similar setups, 2400 for you 2200 for me, I bottom out on yellows. I see the top compression spring is completely tight
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

This setup works extremely well for me. I use 80wt fluid and you see how they are adjusted. I hardly ever bottom out! Handles great on and off road

RC Racer
    How's it going guys? are you still happy with the tires? has anyone compared them to the equivalent sized proline street fighters?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JackSlash View Post
    How's it going guys? are you still happy with the tires? has anyone compared them to the equivalent sized proline street fighters?
    I think El Sob said somewhere in this thread that he would eventually compare them to the street fighters.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by JackSlash View Post
    I have compared them to Street Fighters and Dynamite Robbers. I. till prefer the Bandito tires! I have run them almost everyday since I installed them. They are still not bald. They have wear on them but are still performing good. Street Fighters nor Robbers have lasted as long. As soon as I fix my camera i will post a recent picture. I still highly recommend them!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    It looks like tomorrow I will be able to give these tires a good run! I cannot wait to see how they perform compared to the Street Fighters and the Robbers. I will keep you all posted
    El Sob, Do you still have to glue the tires on to the rim or do they attach a different way since they are alum. rims?

They are beadlocks. They are held on by eight screws. Every so often one will come off the rim but not very often.

RC Competitor
    Tower Hobbies has the Bandito's on sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreith View Post
    Tower Hobbies has the Bandito's on sale!
    On sale? That would be the perfect time to get a set! I absolutely love these tires! Great handling and long tread life makes them an amazing tire!!

RC Champion
    Only if my LHS had them........
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SH302 View Post
    I am looking to buy an Ultimate Slash, and these seem like good street tires for it. What other types of wheels fit with them?
    I just ordered one! So I should get it next week! I will keep everyone posted!

Freaky, I melted my center diff running it on 3s. I have only really run the slipped. It works great for me. I might get the aluminum case for it bit I am happy with the stock slipper.
    I did the same thing last weekend. Can the center diff be saved or rebuilt? I just put the slipper back and off I went

Sean, here is a link to the sale on TowerHobbieshttp://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LWA787&P=1 . The center diff can be rebuilt. I destroyed mine when running 3s. It was the one and only time that I used it so its sitting in a box. One day I will rebuild it. There is a company that makes the center diff case out of aluminum, I will probably get that when I rebuild mine.

RC Racer
    Thanks. I kind of like the slipper. Did upgrade it to a revo and it has been better. I don't race so not sure I need the center diff

I don't race and I have had a Slash 4x4 since January 2010. I have used the center differential once. It s not a necessity but that is just my opinion. Th first time I ran it it was destroyed.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry to chime in late, but I LIKE those tires! That's a good looking setup!

AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC Qualifier
    Found 'em, bought 'em!

AB

RC Qualifier
    lol sob the center diff is only recommended for 2s max i think you found out the hard way buddy. i have 4 slashs now and i hate the center diff, even for racing. upgraded all the slippers to the revo spec stuff and i have not had a problem. im even 2 full turns backed off on 3 of the trucks and i still can pull wheelies. and i have the banditos, was playing on a hot day i think it was 103 or something driving on black asphalt, so the ground was really hot, and the tires got real sticky giving me great traction. i have to say i love the banditos for the street.
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

Quote Originally Posted by ImprovEverywherE View Post
    lol sob the center diff is only recommended for 2s max i think you found out the hard way buddy. i have 4 slashs now and i hate the center diff, even for racing. upgraded all the slippers to the revo spec stuff and i have not had a problem. im even 2 full turns backed off on 3 of the trucks and i still can pull wheelies. and i have the banditos, was playing on a hot day i think it was 103 or something driving on black asphalt, so the ground was really hot, and the tires got real sticky giving me great traction. i have to say i love the banditos for the street.
    You are correct! I sure did find out the hard way lol Oh well. I have no doubt that anyone who tries the Bandito tires will be happy with them. The way they are designed they have a larger contact patch than Street Fighters. More tire on the ground means better traction. They don't balloon much and I don't have them tapped. Obviously I'm still very happy with these tires

RC Qualifier
    Lesson learned! and i did notice that the street fighters are rounded and not flat like the banditos causing the street fighters to have less contact. but i have them taped with gorilla tape and i barely have any ballooning on 4s with a 2400kv!

RC Qualifier
    After running my Street Fighters on just 3S, I now wish I had taped mine. I have some Banditos on the way, so you don't recommend taping them?

AB

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by aburg2 View Post
    After running my Street Fighters on just 3S, I now wish I had taped mine. I have some Banditos on the way, so you don't recommend taping them?

AB
    you will notice a major difference in the Banditos from the Street fighters. i dont think its not that he doesnt recommend taping them, its the fact that they dont balloon much without being taped. i taped mine as soon as i got them, never did run them without being taped so i cant tell you from my expeirence

Oh no! I suggest you tape them, if you want to. I haven't taped mine so I could see how they act not being taped. They have done extremely well. That being said, my next set will probably be taped. Un-taped they hold the ground very nicely taped will probably be a lot better performance out of an awesome tire.

RC Qualifier
    I got my Banditos in yesterday. Got 'em taped, mounted & glued, and ran 'em. What a great street tire! And look good too! Thanks for the tip!

AB

I got my Banditos in yesterday. Got 'em taped, mounted & glued, and ran 'em. What a great street tire! And look good too! Thanks for the tip!

AB
    You are very welcome! I knew that anyone who ran these tires would be very happy with them! Could you post a picture to this thread of them on your truck? That way everyone can see your truck also

RC Enthusiast
    Those tires and wheels look amazing. How is the grip with them? I ask because I have used proline street fighters and dynamite rc robbers. Both have given me good perfomance.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 Ultimate
    Bandit

Quote Originally Posted by edgeverse View Post
    Those tires and wheels look amazing. How is the grip with them? I ask because I have used proline street fighters and dynamite rc robbers. Both have given me good perfomance.
    In my opinion they grip the best. They also have the longest life. I have also had all the others and the Bandito's are by far, my favorite.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks, El Sob. I wanna get these.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 Ultimate
    Bandit

RC Qualifier
    You are very welcome! I knew that anyone who ran these tires would be very happy with them! Could you post a picture to this thread of them on your truck? That way everyone can see your truck also
    No problem!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I have these mounted on Pro Line Pro-Trac Renegade wheels. I have the Pro-Trac suspension on this truck. With the high grip tires, I STILL couldn't roll it!!!

AB

RC Racer
    Good to hear i made a nice choice ordering tires, although i'm going with the buggy sized c2's on 1/8th hotbodies egde wheels... I'm going for the xo wheel look but with treads... should look nice with my 55' chevy body....
    now to decide on a power-plant for my slash, and hopefully talking the wife into letting me spend some tax-return $$$
    thanks for the update!

I like your truck aburg2
    The tires look good on your truck
    I really like the sidewall on these tires
    Makes it look like NASCAR tires
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

No problem!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I have these mounted on Pro Line Pro-Trac Renegade wheels. I have the Pro-Trac suspension on this truck. With the high grip tires, I STILL couldn't roll it!!!

AB
    Man! That looks soo sweet! Those letter wall tires add that look of realism to your truck! When I put my new body on my truck, I will have to post a picture of it also!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks! I'm glad you guys like it. I think the black wheels help the tires stand out better!.

AB