Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Nice exhaust, it does have that import sound though. I would never guess mustang if I just heard it.

RC Qualifier

Here is a quick Pull, I think it was my Camera that made it sound riceyy.
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Champion
    Nice camera setup. How are you mounting it?
    Land of the free?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorStuff View Post
    Nice camera setup. How are you mounting it?
    Go Pro Hero 2 With Suction Cup Mount
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Racer
    Can still tell its not a deep enough tone... Sounds good for a v6 dont get me wrong better then most. Be curious to hear it really rev out... Dont go doin that tho kid :P well unless your at a test and tune 1/4 mile drag strip...

RC Champion
    Gopros tend to raise the pitch of all sounds. Believe it or not, this video is of a 598ci V8. It sounds like a little dirt bike or something in gopro videos.

Watch this video until the end to hear what it really sounds like lol.
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jem450r View Post
    Can still tell its not a deep enough tone... Sounds good for a v6 dont get me wrong better then most. Be curious to hear it really rev out... Dont go doin that tho kid :P well unless your at a test and tune 1/4 mile drag strip...
    I know but its pretty good for a V6. If i was to get some long tube headers and a stright pipe that would make it a lot deeper but also illegal lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasTuesdays View Post
    Gopros tend to raise the pitch of all sounds. Believe it or not, this video is of a 598ci V8. It sounds like a little dirt bike or something in gopro videos.

Watch this video until the end to hear what it really sounds like lol.
    Thats Becase its in the waterproof case, Mine had a custom skeleton housing so the sound was pretty accurate maybe a little more deep in person, Ill try with my DSLR tomorrow.
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Champion
    That Borla system sounded pretty decent, a bit loud, but pretty good.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion
    Man your car sounds great,

Sounds 10x better than these
    Matthew 7:7

RC Competitor
    Who do Karl, Dan and Sheila think they are?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 67Mustang View Post
    Ricers??? hahaha
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Qualifier
    Ok heres my opinion on this whole shibang. #1 in support of yolo- It may be a muscle car with 305 horse or 335 hp or whatever but that doesn't mean he has to use it all. (just like the xo-1) ok thats all I can support you with. sorry bud. I'm just making a guess, that thing is gonna get keyed or something at high school. It will not last. I have a cavalier zr2 5 speed. I can just beat on it and its gonna have some memories made with it. Also good luck in the winter. It's gonna be a pain. If someone thats 16 showed up to hs with a 2013 stang, I would automatically think spoiled and totaled. Not saying thats you but yeah. and auto? really dude? USA these days... Props to you on saving 13 G's though
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dennerracingteamdrt

RC Competitor
    Yea but those cars are an absolute joke

RC Qualifier
    I still love my 02 KIA Optima with the manual transmission. I hate driving automatics.. I want to choose what rpm I'm at so I get the power and sound that I want. :P

Pretty sure I have said this before..

Samsung Epic - Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by latemodelstampede View Post
    Ok heres my opinion on this whole shibang. #1 in support of yolo- It may be a muscle car with 305 horse or 335 hp or whatever but that doesn't mean he has to use it all. (just like the xo-1) ok thats all I can support you with. sorry bud. I'm just making a guess, that thing is gonna get keyed or something at high school. It will not last. I have a cavalier zr2 5 speed. I can just beat on it and its gonna have some memories made with it. Also good luck in the winter. It's gonna be a pain. If someone thats 16 showed up to hs with a 2013 stang, I would automatically think spoiled and totaled. Not saying thats you but yeah. and auto? really dude? USA these days... Props to you on saving 13 G's though
    Thanks, yes that is all true. But by the time im driving it to school the new 2015's will be out so it wont be that new.

Also In the snow that car stays inside! I will either take our Familys suv or Our jeep!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh298 View Post
    I still love my 02 KIA Optima with the manual transmission. I hate driving automatics.. I want to choose what rpm I'm at so I get the power and sound that I want. :P

Pretty sure I have said this before..

Well in the 2013 they have a Sport mode option which is like paddle shifters except theres a button .
    So you can still choose which rpm your at and the power and sound you want
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Racer
    Lol doesnt matter if the 2015s or 2028s are out... Most kids are in beat up cars for there first vehicle...

I wouldnt have told anyone i had a flappy paddle gear box... Id be embarresed!

RC Qualifier
    That silly sportmatic poop is so laggy and you cant downshift multiple gears fast like you can in a manual. Nothing like a good dump of the clutch.

Last edited by Kitteh298; 10-02-2012 at 09:39 AM.
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Well I really hope that doesnt happen!
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Competitor
    Iím not going to tell you what to do as you seem to be a responsible kid and it is impressive that you managed to save that kind of money for your first car.

Iím a mustang fan as well and Iíve owned an 89 5.0 5-speed, 99 GT 5 speed and 03 Cobra. All were great cars but I must admit my favorite was the old 89 LX. Just a better overall package without all the junk you donít really need.

I would sit down with you insurance guy and get a hard number on the monthly rates. When I was 18 I bought a 93 Trans Am WS6. I had the down payment in hand, monthly payments worked out with dealer and had money left over for gas and maintenance. I thought of everything until I called the agent. $505 a month was the quote and that was with doing some creative paperwork on who in my family was going to be the primary driver. I think we ended up with my Mother being the primary driver on the Trans Am and me being the Primary on her Tercel at the time.

At a little over 6K a year the payments got ridiculous and I sold the car to my dad and took is 89 Mustang LX.

I also donít know where you live but consider Snow and Ice. Rear drive muscle cars donít drive very well in snow and ice and so having another method of getting to work or school should be considered.

Honestly Iíd buy something more practical for your first car and keep some of that cash in the bank.

RC Qualifier
    Just got new Stripes Installed! I think they look amazing, they were pretty expensive tho.

And as always video!

Also Insurance is $1100 a year for the car,just got my first bill.
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Qualifier
    That's cheap, collision too? I'm 23 with a 4cyl car and mine is $350/mo. Stripes look great.

RC Competitor
    Boy racer v6 Mustang

RC Qualifier
    Boy racer v6 Mustang
    We were all young once, I'd probably take a 5.0 Fox body and save LOTS of money but hey good on him, he saved up and bought his new car. Not many manage to do that at his age.

I'm keen not to pigeon hole someone as a boy racer, there's too much snobbery in auto circles. We are all petrol heads, lets all get along no matter what we drive, be is a multi valve 4 pot or a V8 ..... or a V6 in this case.

RC Qualifier
    Boy racer v6 Mustang
    OH Well I like the way it looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
    We were all young once, I'd probably take a 5.0 Fox body and save LOTS of money but hey good on him, he saved up and bought his new car. Not many manage to do that at his age.

I'm keen not to pigeon hole someone as a boy racer, there's too much snobbery in auto circles. We are all petrol heads, lets all get along no matter what we drive, be is a multi valve 4 pot or a V8 ..... or a V6 in this case.
    Thanks!
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by joe831 View Post
    That's cheap, collision too? I'm 23 with a 4cyl car and mine is $350/mo. Stripes look great.
    Hes prolly under his parents insurance, since he still lives at home... Thatll make it a whole lot cheaper....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jem450r View Post
    Hes prolly under his parents insurance, since he still lives at home... Thatll make it a whole lot cheaper....
    Yes I am. I still have to be legally until 18 and can still be after. Yes collision too.
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Qualifier
    Did your car get damaged in hurricane sandy?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dennerracingteamdrt

RC Champion
    Btw Yoloer, I saw your latest vid jetskiing through the streets. Thats crazy.
    Land of the free?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by latemodelstampede View Post
    Did your car get damaged in hurricane sandy?
    Nope,But ALL the trees you see in this pic are gone-

We did Okay, heres HALF of the trees we had to remove, we ran out of of space on the street-

Here is down the street-

My friends house is now floating, so I consider us lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorStuff View Post
    Btw Yoloer, I saw your latest vid jetskiing through the streets. Thats crazy.
    Yea I know But, its not the first time lol.
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Racer
    I just came across this thread and I must say I'm glad to see it. I'm not like many of the people that posted saying that you shouldn't do this or you wont be able to afford insurance. The fact that you set a goal for your self and have accomplished it says something about you. Yea sure it can be dangerous, but isn't any vehicle on the road dangerous? and can't just about ever car on the road run 80-100mph? Sure a mustang will get to 100 quicker but a 4 cylinder civic will eventually hit 100. Point is anything you drive is dangerous, it doesn't matter how much power is under the hood. My first car was an 86 S10 blazer that my grandpa gave me. He was trying to sell it and I said I liked it and he said well here's the keys. I got that my Junior year of high school. By the end of high school I had sunk over $10,000 into it and it had a V8 in it along with a ton of other performance upgrades (just for the record; it would and will outrun most Mustangs on the road, but Im not hating). My point is, I didn't have a muscle car or sports car, but I had the desire to have one and I made what I had work. Yoloer has the desire and everyone should give him credit for going out and reaching his goal.

My only advice is try your hardest to resist when you want to show off. I know I did a lot of stupid things with my Blazer, heck I still do from time to time I guess. But if you stay safe now and don't do the crazy stuff you will still be enjoying that Mustang when your 25 like I am with my Blazer.
    Last edited by Blazerss1; 11-04-2012 at 01:21 PM.

RC Champion
    How did you manage to make 13 grand?

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Congrats man. Looks very clean. I really dig the racing stripes, color choice and sweet rims. Take good care of it and keep her tame. All it takes is one bad choice, foot on the throttle, and a quick curve.

I started out with a 91 Isuzu way back when. It was a hand me down from my dad in HS years. Then my next ride was a 2000 V6 Mustang 5 spd. I enjoyed it for a couple of years. Then moved on to trucks.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Thanks everyone!
    I managed to make 13k by working for in the summer for 3 years and saving every dollar I ever got as a gift, I never got presents for birthdays or Christmas. For this reason even after dropping 13k I still have money for myself in my bank. Also if you do it right you can make money buying and selling RC's and electronics.
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOer View Post
    Thanks everyone!
    I managed to make 13k by working for in the summer for 3 years and saving every dollar I ever got as a gift, I never got presents for birthdays or Christmas. For this reason even after dropping 13k I still have money for myself in my bank. Also if you do it right you can make money buying and selling RC's and electronics.
    Your mustang was only $13,000?!
    I'm in the same boat as you pal, I'm 15 and I have spent about $7,000 in the past year or so on Rc and my car and I still have a couple grand in my college bank account, and another thousand in my savings account! And it's all self earned!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 67SuperSnake View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you pal, I'm 15 and I have spent about $7,000 in the past year or so on Rc and my car and I still have a couple grand in my college bank account, and another thousand in my savings account! And it's all self earned!
    Nahh This is what happened-
    Well my dad made a deal with me when I was 7 that he would pay for half of my first car any car that I wanted.
    I have been pinching pennies ever since and have worked the past two summers and have been buying and reselling RCS.
    I saved $13k while my sister (she is my twin and my dad gave her the same deal) saved $500. I was smart and I saved.
    I have looked into insurance and it is not as bad as you may think.
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 67SuperSnake View Post
    Nahh This is what happened-
    Well my dad made a deal with me when I was 7 that he would pay for half of my first car any car that I wanted.
    I have been pinching pennies ever since and have worked the past two summers and have been buying and reselling RCS.
    I saved $13k while my sister (she is my twin and my dad gave her the same deal) saved $500. I was smart and I saved.
    I have looked into insurance and it is not as bad as you may think.
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC poster
    Here is a quick Pull, I think it was my Camera that made it sound riceyy.
    You know, you'll give yourself a lot more credibility if you take your car out of a residential area to record your "pull". I can tell you exactly what my reaction to that would have been if you'd try that sh!t down my street.

RC Qualifier
    Well Here it is after a wash right before I went on vacation for 7 days I just coundnt leave her looking dirty.

My New Lock screen Background for my iPhone-

I also had started to add somethings to spice up the engine bay:

It started Out like this-

I added-
    Boss Strut Tower Brace Plasti Dipped
    Mustang Engine Cover
    3.7 Badge from LMR

Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Champion
    That's beautiful! Oh no! A 16 year old with a mustang AND he's from Jersey (we all know people from NJ can't drive)????? Haha where in jersey?

Sent from my iPad mini
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasTuesdays View Post
    That's beautiful! Oh no! A 16 year old with a mustang AND he's from Jersey (we all know people from NJ can't drive)????? Haha where in jersey?

Sent from my iPad mini
    Haha Well Its never been taken over the speed limit yet haha, But I have punched it from a stop a few times .

I spend My Fall/Winter/Spring In Colts Neck NJ and my Summers in Wildwood NJ.

If you ever want to meet up and see lots of mustangs come to this show next year-
    http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...show-2012.html

Delaware Community College - Media, PA Campus
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat