Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    On other threads I think he said New Jersey, but I don't know how the winters are down there. That is definetly one thing to consider though.
    Land of the free?

RC Champion
    I guess that is an issue, but still, with careful and defensive driving I think you'll be fine.
    I love rear wheel drive cars.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Champion
    I guess that is an issue, but still, with careful and defensive driving I think you'll be fine.
    I love rear wheel drive cars.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks everyone for the Kind words.
    I am a responsible person and will be driving that way too!
    After My dad gives me half for this car I dont want Him to Buy one or half ever again.
    I dont know if you guys know but Ford has this MyKey thing that would reduce the speed to 80 MPH, I will be using that myself for the first year, My parents are not making me I am choosing to use it.
    But anyways I think I may have found one and will look at it this weekend
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Qualifier
    I'm sorry I hate fords.......... You should have gotten a Chevy!!!!!!!!!!! What do you Chevy fans out there think of a 72 blazer fuel injected with 35s and a for inch lift hahaha!!?!?!?

Now let's not get into a This Vs. That thread and get this thread closed OK?, here's a copy of the rule about this just in case you forgot...

7. No “this vs. that” posts (ie Ford vs Chevy): These types of threads invoke strong opinions, flaring tempers, and often result in flame wars and mass penalties. These threads will ultimately end up being deleted.
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 09-06-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Cleaning up... This Vs That

RC Qualifier
    Sorry 4 inch lift lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tbonemcniel View Post
    That's only of you like looking fast, but actually going slow. New 5.0 Mustang is the way to go. Much lighter weight car, less expensive car, faster car. Turns 12's bone stock. Easy addition of a blower (say the FRPP Whipple) with some good drag radials, and you're going 10's, all while retaining the factory warranty (only with the FRPP Whipple).

Sounds like a no brainer to me...
    Roush Supercharger doesnt void the warranty either.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by johnzillia54 View Post
    I'm sorry I hate fords.......... You should have gotten a Chevy!!!!!!!!!!! What do you Chevy fans out there think of a 72 blazer fuel injected with 35s and a for inch lift hahaha!!?!?!?
    I'm a Chevy fan, always been a Chevy guy... I have a Camaro... But I wouldn't say no to a Mustang GT

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOer View Post
    Thanks everyone for the Kind words.
    I am a responsible person and will be driving that way too!
    After My dad gives me half for this car I dont want Him to Buy one or half ever again.
    I dont know if you guys know but Ford has this MyKey thing that would reduce the speed to 80 MPH, I will be using that myself for the first year, My parents are not making me I am choosing to use it.
    But anyways I think I may have found one and will look at it this weekend
    I respect your maturity, sounds like your going down the right road doing what your doing.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
    I'm a Chevy fan, always been a Chevy guy... I have a Camaro... But I wouldn't say no to a Mustang GT
    Yeah I'm a big Chevy guy too, but for someone who has saved 13k to buy a car, I'm pretty sure he has his mind made up (the topic of this thread was which color combo he should get).
    I would go with the Camaro too, but I don't see the use in arguing, this guy knows what he wants

RC Qualifier
    No arguing about it the Camaro Is NICE car. hahaha
    But you cannot see out of it at all! The small windows are horrible!
    I Crossed it off my list after that especially since I was a first time driver.
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Champion
    You've done your research haha, and yeah I agree, see how that could be a problem.

RC Champion
    By the way, will be keeping this stock? With an upgraded exhaust these stangs sound just heavenly.
    Land of the free?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorStuff View Post
    By the way, will be keeping this stock? With an upgraded exhaust these stangs sound just heavenly.
    Get some glass packs.. Those sound amazing!
    Never trust a fart.

RC Enthusiast
    I would be the last person to say that you should not buy a car you want just make sure that the insurance and the car would fit what you will need it to be down the road. Right now RWD V8's do not hold there value like lets say a FWD 4cyl, dont get me wrong I have a GT sitting in the driveway right now but I also have a 4cyl next to it for my everyday driver. I love mine and got it at a really great price but I knew going into it what the overall cost to it would be. I rember being 16 and could not wait to get my first car but take your time and you can find the right one!! It took me 6 years to find the right car but the wait was worth it!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by evilalf; 09-08-2012 at 08:51 PM.

RC Racer
    16 year old with a 5.0, that's gonna end up in a ditch or wrapped around a tree. My first car was a 1978 Olds and insurance was outrageous cant understand how a mustang is gonna be cheap

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    My 2 cents? I think you don't need such a great car right now. I'm 16 and have an 03 Toyota Tacoma base (lasts forever). Trust me, in this day and age, your car doesnt matter. One, girls just don't care anymore. Two, you're not what you drive! You'd be better off buying a cheaper car and investing that money on compound. By the time you're 50 you'll have 1mil in the bank and will be able to live the rest of your life financially independent. Also, if you're going to college you're most likely gonna be without your baby for the first year and figure out you dont need that car. My best recommendation would be to drive a cheaper family car or something of its sorts so you learn how to drive well enough, then of you really want it, get the car!

RC Qualifier
    Why are so many people putting him down??
    He saved up HIS hard earned money and now he wants to use it to buy himself HIS car.

YOLOer: Don't let people tell you to go and buy different cars then what you have decided on buying. Drive responsibly and you won't end up in a ditch or wrapped around a tree.
    Never trust a fart.

RC Champion
    +1 To what ithrowstones said.

Obvioisly this is a goal you have had for a long time and you are working very hard to make this happen. Don't let others get you down. However, maybe consider some good driving classes outside of drivers ed, I heard they can really help.

And quite honestly guys I think a teen with an expensive car that he's got a lot of money into would be much more careful with that than with something very cheap or that their parents bought for them. But, thats just what I think.
    Land of the free?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorStuff View Post
    +1 To what ithrowstones said.

Obvioisly this is a goal you have had for a long time and you are working very hard to make this happen. Don't let others get you down. However, maybe consider some good driving classes outside of drivers ed, I heard they can really help.

And quite honestly guys I think a teen with an expensive car that he's got a lot of money into would be much more careful with that than with something very cheap or that their parents bought for them. But, thats just what I think.
    +10 thumbup

RC Champion
    i would be seaching my butt off to try to find a classic car.but if you got to go with a 2011 its got to be a v8 and a 6spd
    slash
    summit
    rampage mt
    tmaxx
    SCX10Dingokit

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TMaxxcrazy33 View Post
    i would be seaching my butt off to try to find a classic car.but if you got to go with a 2011 its got to be a v8 and a 6spd
    Yup, it may sound redneck but I can't do with a 4cylinder crammed in there sideways.

RC Qualifier
    YOLOer: did you buy your car that you were searching for yet??
    Never trust a fart.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TMaxxcrazy33 View Post
    i would be seaching my butt off to try to find a classic car.
    I would too!!! There's nothing wrong with the new Mustang, nothing at all, I like it lots.

But there are SOOOOOoooooo many cars form the 60s and early 70s that I'd rather have

PS: Heck, even some 80s cars. How much is a Buick Grand National in good condition nowadays?

RC Racer
    Man I am jealous of you my first car was the Cruiser in the first pic I got when I was 17 and it took me till I was almost 20 to get what I actually wanted (Silverado) but I saved and paid it off in 3 months after I bought it. [IMG][/IMG]
    But I had to settle on a 2WD and a V6...Miss having a stick too...
    Last edited by thatsmrjptou; 09-12-2012 at 09:44 PM.
    2 Slash's, 1 Nitro Sport, 1 P2DE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post
    YOLOer: did you buy your car that you were searching for yet??
    Nope still Looking maube thinking of picking up a 2013 V6
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Champion
    My 1st truck (15) was a 77 Chevy long bed 2nd truck 04 gmc Sierra V8 (16-18) I put a lot of money into (really miss this truck)
    And my current truck 06 F-250

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1979chevy. View Post
    Yeah I'm a big Chevy guy too, but for someone who has saved 13k to buy a car, I'm pretty sure he has his mind made up (the topic of this thread was which color combo he should get).
    I would go with the Camaro too, but I don't see the use in arguing, this guy knows what he wants
    I never said I've have the current Camaro over the Mustang, quite the opposite, I like the current Mustang more than the current Camaro So I am in full agreement with him, the Mustang is the way to go This comment was in response to the Ford hatred comment.

In general, I am more of a Chevy guy than a Ford guy. I prefer most classic and late model Camaros to Mustangs. But I simply don't like the 5th gen Camaro as much as I like the current Mustang.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedSupra10 View Post
    If your going to spend the money id look into 93-98 Toyota Supras, can be found for cheap(twin turbo models for 20,000 and under) and N/A models even cheaper. PLUS they can easily pull 800-850hp with just an addition of a turbo or single swap.

Just my two cents, anyway good luck choosing
    It takes alot more than a turbo to make those numbers, and $20,000 won't get you a very nice Supra either.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC Champion
    YOLO, Why don't you get a 370z? It's not quite as fast as stang, but it's a real sportscar! Mustangs are EVERYWHERE, and yes, I respect them, but I'm so sick of seeing them all over the place.

Hope you can swing about 5-7k per year for insurance.

http://carnewstv.files.wordpress.com...mbnailjpg1.jpg

RC Champion
    Nope still Looking maube thinking of picking up a 2013 V6
    Now your thinking! the new V6's have enough power to keep you happy, and better on fuel. Not to mention insurance should be a little bit cheaper!
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
    I never said I've have the current Camaro over the Mustang, quite the opposite, I like the current Mustang more than the current Camaro So I am in full agreement with him, the Mustang is the way to go This comment was in response to the Ford hatred comment.

In general, I am more of a Chevy guy than a Ford guy. I prefer most classic and late model Camaros to Mustangs. But I simply don't like the 5th gen Camaro as much as I like the current Mustang.
    Wasn't meant as a Ford hatred comment, I respect Ford for not taking Obama's bailouts.
    I just like the way the camaro looks over the mustang, pretty shallow base lol, but I like it more.

RC Qualifier
    Well here Is what I got !
    2013 Mustang V6!
    Here are the options that I wanted-
    Deep Impact Blue
    Charcoal leather seats
    Reverse Sensing Package
    Comfort Package
    Pony Package
    Performance Package

So I figure out there are no cars at all like that in the US so, I would have to order one. When the dealer ship goes to put in the order turns out the Performance Package and Pony Package cant be ordered together. No wonder there were no cars like that!
    So we go to look at the system again and there was one with all my options except the Pref. Pak. In PA !! :kooky:
    The last 3 days have been torture! I couldn't Imagine 8 weeks!

Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Qualifier

Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Qualifier
    Looks absolutely amazing!!! I want it.. haha..
    Is it stick?
    Never trust a fart.

RC Champion
    Nice job! You've got to be the most responsible young buck I've ever heard of, just for the fact that you saved for it.

RC Racer
    congrats man ! I bet you even slept with a 12 inch grin on if you slept at all wanting to drive it again. I really like the front but those rear tail lights will take some getting used to. Look both ways and stay off the sidewalks

RC Enthusiast
    That's a heckuva nice first car man. Congrats.

My first *new* car was a Blue 1988 5.0L Mustang Coupe that I bought when I was 20 years
    old with my first wife.
    Stampede 4x4 VXL
    Son's: Rustler XL-5, EREVO VXL

RC Champion
    Congratulations!! That is beautiful. Glad you got what you wanted, and impressed that you saved for it. Could we have some pics of the interior?
    Land of the free?

RC Competitor
    That's the reason 68 Camaro's never became popular, they are horrible inside compared to a mustang.