Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorStuff View Post
    Congratulations!! That is beautiful. Glad you got what you wanted, and impressed that you saved for it. Could we have some pics of the interior?
    Here are some-

Two Of my favorite Creature comforts-
    1. Ponys are projected from the mirrors onto the floor-

2.You can change the color of all the lights in the car-

Quote Originally Posted by 67Mustang View Post
    That's the reason 68 Camaro's never became popular, they are horrible inside compared to a mustang.
    But dont you redo the interior any way with the resto?
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Racer
    Your so lucky! jealous
    EMBE build in progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    So, for your very first car you are going to get a 400 hp sports car.....

TO be honest, I'd suggest getting something not as powerful and fancy.... Most people in there first 2 years of driving will get into at least 1 accident according to AAA.....

I know it's sounds real exciting to get such a nice car, but there's a lot to be said about having a powerful sports car with very little driving experience...

If you do go this route, take it easy and learn the rules and tricks of the road, understand that defensive driving skills can and does save lives....

Enjoy! BTW I like the Silver, you can do some nice custom add on's to that type of paint and make it really stand out....

I'm with you 100%, but on the other hand, this is the kind of stuff that puts food on my table. I see it all the time. No disrespect to the OP, but statistics prove this exact point time and time again. You can tell a person to be careful and respect the car until you're blue in the face, but I think we all know how we thought when we were there. You just can't resist the raw power. Been there, done that. Perhaps I was just lucky. But in hindsight I can think of some extremely stupid things that I did with cars when I was younger and looking back, I feel fortunate that I'm still here to talk about it.

RC Qualifier
    I love raw power, I took my dads mercedes out a few times, nice 5 liter v8. Hate that it isn't a manual. I feel so disconnected. Both the cars I drive are manuals.
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Thanks. That thing looks great, but why Auto?
    Land of the free?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    But in hindsight I can think of some extremely stupid things that I did with cars when I was younger and looking back, I feel fortunate that I'm still here to talk about it.
    Tell me about it! I was lucky that I couldn't insure a V8 till I was 25, at 18 I drove like I was getaway driver... constantly!

RC Qualifier
    Its an auto because idk how to drive a stick and i know no one with one!

Its actually a V6 with 315 hp!
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Qualifier
    automatic..... god no.
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOer View Post
    Its an auto because idk how to drive a stick and i know no one with one!

Its actually a V6 with 315 hp!
    Does it still feel plenty powerful with the Auto?
    Land of the free?

RC Qualifier
    Auto...Blah.. lol...
    Just messin with ya. haha..
    Should of made the dealer teach you to drive stick. lol.
    Never trust a fart.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorStuff View Post
    Does it still feel plenty powerful with the Auto?
    Yes it does and with a Tune and CAI Its even more a monster. The Auto is actually faster in the 1/4 mile
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Racer
    Yes it does and with a Tune and CAI Its even more a monster. The Auto is actually faster in the 1/4 mile
    Prolly depending on the driver... Either way its way more fun with a stick :P Learning to drive stick really isnt that difficult, i would have just test drove a bunch of them...

RC Competitor
    Well but in the Manual, I bet you will feel like you are going twice as fast, the feeling of shifting hard puts a smile on just about anyone's face lol, especially if you have alot of POWER.

Also, don't think twice about your v6 not being fast. That v6 is a PHENOMENAL motor from ford, lately we have been getting ALOT of orders for classic mustangs with the modern v-6, and when they get finished they are very nice. Performance wise, as well as economy, reliability etc. Overall I think it was a very wise to go for the v-6. I don't know your personality, but I would imagine that if some high school kid got a v-8 mustang, he would show it off like crazy. In other words, wreck it! Some of the kids these days I am just ashamed of! In my daughters school parking lot, probably 1/4 have cars that are worth more then $30,000. And you know, that unlike you, there parents paid for every bit of it.

Regarding the 68 Camaro's, resto mod isn't changing the actual structure of the car, but what I meant to say was all the window lines are high, and the car is very small and cramped inside. So no fancy leather seats that we have will fix it really.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jem450r View Post
    Learning to drive stick really isnt that difficult.
    Not at all.. I learned in only 3 sessions.. which rounds maybe to 2 hours of driving it.. so in 2 hours time I learned to drive a stick without killing the tranny or giving my self whiplash.. and stick is WAY more fun than auto.
    Never trust a fart.

RC Champion
    Good choice on the six shooter Stang instead YOLO, should be better on gas and insurance than the GT, and still be able to walk all over many of it's V-8 predicessors at the strip too!

These modern V-6's are pretty amazing, more than 1 naturally asperated hp per c.i., fantastic mileage, and they're still clean burning at the same time. When my sister bought her '06 Charger SE with the 3.5l (217 ci) V-6, he was amazed by the power it made and how quick it pushes a car as heavy as a modern Charger up to speed, Especially when he thought back to the '50 Plymouth with the 90hp 217 ci Flathead I-6 and even moreso when I got my 200 Touring with the 3.6l (220ci) V-6 that puts out 280+ hp and runs fantastic on E-85. Back when he was playing with cars a lot in the late 50's through early 70's, a V-8 that produced that kind of HP/CI would be just driveable enough to make it a quarter mile at a time and be almost too high strung through the pits on it's own!
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion
    not trying to be a a hole.but your mom and dad are crazys.it will just be a matter of time before you total it.reason i say this is cause.

a guy at my school back in the day.they bought him a brand new gto.and with in month he totaled it...
    slash
    summit
    rampage mt
    tmaxx
    SCX10Dingokit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TMaxxcrazy33 View Post
    not trying to be a a hole.but your mom and dad are crazys.it will just be a matter of time before you total it.reason i say this is cause.

a guy at my school back in the day.they bought him a brand new gto.and with in month he totaled it...
    The Key there is that THEY bought it. I bought this car! I will treat it like my baby.
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Qualifier
    Yea you could baby it and follow every rule 100% but there are other people on the road who will not, just saying. I paid for all of my first car and its gone now, through no fault of my own.

RC Champion

The Key there is that THEY bought it. I bought this car! I will treat it like my baby.
    At least YOLO has paid for part of this car out of his own pocket, that can make a big difference in how it's treated and cared for!

Quote Originally Posted by joe831 View Post
    Yea you could baby it and follow every rule 100% but there are other people on the road who will not, just saying. I paid for all of my first car and its gone now, through no fault of my own.
    Joe here has a point, a guy on a Model Car Magazine's forum was broadsided by a guy who was texting while driving. He had been driving a Lincoln Town Car (a fairly recent one too I think) and still ended up with a broken hip, humerous, femur, and 3 ribs all on his left side. Then on a Chrysler 200 owners forum I've joined since buying one, two members have had their cars damaged because of other people's actions, one run under an Escape after it's driver pulled out in front of him doing what sounds like it will be $11k in damage on a $20k second hand car and the other had a driver fall out of her SantaFe while trying to through out garbage with it in drive and it rolled across the parking lot into the Left Rear corner and pushed it up and over a curb doing over $7k in damage.........and the 200 is one of the 10 cheapest current production models to repair after a wreck!
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion

At least YOLO has paid for part of this car out of his own pocket, that can make a big difference in how it's treated and cared for!

Quote Originally Posted by joe831 View Post
    Joe here has a point, a guy on a Model Car Magazine's forum was broadsided by a guy who was texting while driving. He had been driving a Lincoln Town Car (a fairly recent one too I think) and still ended up with a broken hip, humerous, femur, and 3 ribs all on his left side. Then on a Chrysler 200 owners forum I've joined since buying one, two members have had their cars damaged because of other people's actions, one run under an Escape after it's driver pulled out in front of him doing what sounds like it will be $11k in damage on a $20k second hand car and the other had a driver fall out of her SantaFe while trying to through out garbage with it in drive and it rolled across the parking lot into the Left Rear corner and pushed it up and over a curb doing over $7k in damage.........and the 200 is one of the 10 cheapest current production models to repair after a wreck!
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Competitor
    Some people are serious idiots when it comes to driving. Just be sure to always be defensive about your car, and when you get that text from a friend, think about what could happen if you wreck your call, all because of some silly little text message.

I have had about 4 Mustangs that we restored for clients get wrecked by other drivers in the past year. And I wasn't surprised when I heard that it was teens AND they were texting. Just don't do it. It can wait.

RC Qualifier
    I will not tet and drive, Its not that important. Ever.
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Qualifier
    I don't have a phone so I won't have to worry about not texting and driving.
    I think it's stupid to text and drive.
    Never trust a fart.

RC Champion
    I don't understand HOW people text and drive. It's hard enough driving with no distractions. People are WAY too dumb to allow you to take your eyes off the road.
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Champion
    I will not tet and drive, Its not that important. Ever.
    Don't know what "Teting" is, but if it's as bad to do while driving as texting is, I hope you don't do that either

Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasTuesdays View Post
    I don't understand HOW people text and drive. It's hard enough driving with no distractions. People are WAY too dumb to allow you to take your eyes off the road.
    In cases like that, they could barely be bright enough to drive undistracted.........
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasTuesdays View Post
    Ya no kidding. Illegal to text or talk on phone while driving but bluetooth is alright. I got my lisnece about 3 months ago and I get distracted when the hot neighbor is jogging down the street!
    EMBE build in progress!

RC Qualifier
    Congratulations on your new car, love the pony puddle lights! Pay no mind to all of the haters saying you will wreck your car or trash it, you've already shown your much more mature than a normal 16 y.o by getting the V6 (albeit a 315 hp V6) over the V8. I will offer one piece of advice: Treat your new car as an investment not just a expendable object. I work at a rather large Toyota dealership as the Internet Business Director and you won't belive how many people trash their cars and wonder why their former $30k+ 6 year old car is only worth $10k now because they didn't take care of it. Take care of your " investment" and one day it may pay you back all of your $13k and then some when you can finally get your V8 (6 speed I'll teach you for crying out loud lol!) congrats on your beautiful car!

RC Qualifier
    ^^ I'm with this guy 100 percent!
    Never trust a fart.

RC Qualifier
    I definitely would have waited a few years and got the v8.

For the love of god, do not put a loud exhaust on that and go revving it up thinking it sounds good like a real mustang.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabun View Post
    I definitely would have waited a few years and got the v8.

For the love of god, do not put a loud exhaust on that and go revving it up thinking it sounds good like a real mustang.
    If this guy has saved for a 6 for his first I'm sure he'll have enough for an 8 down the road. And I agree with you, DON'T put glass packs on it
    Matthew 7:7

RC Qualifier
    Here is the Exhaust I put on it, Its a Borla ATAK.
    I think it sounds very nice and Like a V8 Now.

I know its pretty loud.
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Racer
    Nothing sounds like a V8... Except a V8... there is no substitute... Not even a "tuned" exhaust for a V6... Nice car tho

Awesome car, ford did a great job on the mustang. I for one would have gone for the v6, and then add a supercharger or turbo down the road, the transmission is the same as the v8 so it will handle the power. And you still get decent mileage for a performance car, and seriously, not many cars on the road can keep up with the v6 mustang.

Also its your car do what makes you happy with it! The car looks great!

Sent from my Torch!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jem450r View Post
    Nothing sounds like a V8... Except a V8... there is no substitute... Not even a "tuned" exhaust for a V6... Nice car tho
    True but you can get pretty darn close.
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Champion
    Nice choice on the exhaust and CAI!

BTW...whats up with your camera on the first vid?
    Last edited by MotorStuff; 09-30-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    Land of the free?

RC Qualifier
    Here is the Exhaust I put on it, Its a Borla ATAK.
    I think it sounds very nice and Like a V8 Now.

I know its pretty loud.
    Sounds nothing like a v8 to me. And why is it all crackle and pop sounding? Is that cool these days?

RC Champion
    Not quite like a V8 but it sounds great, a little 'treble' pop but that may just be your camera. Again, really nice car.

RC Champion

RC Qualifier
    Not my car, but has the same exhaust..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NVUmxLeFw-A

RC Competitor
    Ohhhhhhhh I don't know man. Sounds too much like a ricer for my likes...
    And an exhaust that is too loud is never good.