RC poster

Body rattle with X01??

I just got my XO1 - love this car. The only annoying problem I have had with it is a nasty, crunchy sound as the body rubs on the chassis over less than perfect pavement. Has anyone had this problem??

It does not effect performance, it just makes the car sound cheap and as we all know this thing is anything but cheap.

I was thinking about trimming the body a bit on the bottom edges but then you would lose some aerodynamics.

I am running the car stock out of the box - that is plenty fast for me.

RC Racer
    I've seen people run a strip of tape taping the body to the side skirts. I haven't done anything with mine. I just got used to it. My body always falls out of the skirt but I beat on my car pretty good.

RC poster
    Thanks XO1 NUT. I just noticed this morning that the body mounting standoffs are adjustable. I might try that. I have noticed the rattle much less as the car breaks in. I think it really bothered me at first because it sounded so bad. I love this car. People stop and watch this thing. This morning, I overheard some kid way across the parking lot say to his friend "I like that". I don't use it for the attention but it just happens.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I use the tape helps the rattle and the occasional bit of air pushing the body out of its holdings

RC Racer
    When I was going through my car last weekend I figured what the heck. Might as well try and get rid of some body rattle while I was messing with it. I lowered the front mounts one hole. That really helped alot. I've only had the body fall out of the skirt one time. I think this was because I landed a jump a little awkward. It wasn't a crash but it landed odd. It definately did help alot though.