RC Champion

GH Motor mount gap

Ok so I have noticed with my GH motor mount that there is a gap. This gap lets debris in. So I emailed Gh and they replied back to me.

"Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your email.
    We were unaware of this issue. At the moment, we are looking into this at
    the moment. Once we have anything, we will let you know.
    Sorry for the inconvenience."

Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    I noticed it, but nothing was getting inside that I noticed. So I didn't really waste my time telling them, they aren't going to fix it then send you and everyone else a new one. Haha
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

Wow, that is not good. I am glad that I bought the Kings Headz motor mount. Can you return it? That is really unacceptable.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ImprovEverywherE View Post
    I noticed it, but nothing was getting inside that I noticed. So I didn't really waste my time telling them, they aren't going to fix it then send you and everyone else a new one. Haha
    I don't expect them to send me or anyone a new one. But they should be aware that thier product is inferior and junk.

@ El-sob I'll just fill in the gap with some sort of removeable caulk and pick up a kingzhead down the road.
    Last edited by Dknuckles; 08-31-2012 at 06:45 AM.

RC Champion
    I just saw I had a message from them on another forum. They replied it is just a 3mm gap and they are not worried abou it. Well to me a 3 mm gap is big enough to let small rocks in. I stay with the stock pitch and spurs so I can carry less parts since I carry all my kids parts too. No more GH products for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    I just saw I had a message from them on another forum. They replied it is just a 3mm gap and they are not worried abou it. Well to me a 3 mm gap is big enough to let small rocks in. I stay with the stock pitch and spurs so I can carry less parts since I carry all my kids parts too. No more GH products for me!
    That just let's you know what kind of company they are! They have a defect and don't even care about it. I have never bought any of their products and this is making me keep it that way.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    I agree kind of sad they would respond as they did. Time to make a review. Atleast there are plenty of great rc companies out there Like Mip that actually care about the service and products they offer.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Good find and thanks for sharing. I have the King Headz mount on my Sl4sh & P4de, very good products. Sad to hear they don't want to fix their product. Ouch!!

Filling the gap is the cheapest fix. Have you thought of using an Outerwears shroud just to protect everything else to? It sure helps with grass and stuff that likes to gather in there.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Kings mount also got a mm gap. Use duct tape along the edge where The mount sits.
    That fix my problem with fine rocks from getting in. Use the outerwear cover as it does it job.
    I Also ran tape on the motor plate where it slides in at the bottom to rid that gap.
    It runs so much better now. Barely hear the gears.

RC poster
    Thanks for posting. GH not beening worried about that gap, speakes volumes. I will not be purchasing any of the GH products, why take the chance with my money. There is too much competition in aftermarket parts that I don't need to put up with that. I hope they eventually step up and do right by you. Good luck

RC Champion
    There are lots of rc companies that have great service and genuinely care about thier service and customers. Howvere no more Gh products for me...

Some additional GH reading info from a problem with my Sl2sh transmission. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ad&daysprune=7
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Some additional GH reading info from a problem with my Sl2sh transmission. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ad&daysprune=7
    Thanks for sharing O.G Thats pretty dissappointing. But way to go on documenting that piece. I have read about thier quality control issues as of late and it's not good.