RC Qualifier

lipo help:beginner

i'm getting a rustler vxl with a lipo. i've never used lipos before. what kind of things should i be aware of? what is a balance charge? should i store them at a certain voltage? i don't really know anything about these batts.
    Matthew 19:26

RC Qualifier
    Nothing to them. I always balance the cells when I charge. Balancing makes all the cells the same voltage so they discharge evenly.

I usually store mine fully charged. Another thing, make sure lipo mode is turned on in your speed control. It should be green when armed, if not, turn it on and hold the button until you hear chimes.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using Tapatalk 2.
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

you should do alot of research before dealing with lipo batteries my friend. you will need a charger similar to the traxxas ez peak plus or lipo capable charger. right now the charger will know more than you do really. for storage you want to store a lipo at 3.80-3.85v per cell so 2s lipos would be 7.60-7.70v total pack. when you charge it you want to select the lipo cell count you have so either 2s,3s,4s,5s,6s and always select 1C charge rate so a 5000mah lipo would be 5amps=1C. for every 1amp=1,000mah. you dont really want to exceed the value of the pack since your so new to lipos. if i were you though i would post this in the Rustler forum you will get alot more help there than here.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Everything you need to know about lipos: http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Qualifier
    it must have takin forever to create that! super helpful thanks!!
    Matthew 19:26

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh298 View Post
    Nothing to them. I always balance the cells when I charge. Balancing makes all the cells the same voltage so they discharge evenly.

I usually store mine fully charged. Another thing, make sure lipo mode is turned on in your speed control. It should be green when armed, if not, turn it on and hold the button until you hear chimes.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using Tapatalk 2.
    If you don't want to lose capacity you shouldn't store them fully charged .store at 3.8-3.85 per cell. Max fully charged maybe a day or so
    Last edited by 50togo; 08-31-2012 at 11:20 PM.