RC Qualifier

Angry Rotor broke in half....

Hey guys
    I have a vxl system in my slash and all of a sudden my motor stops rolling like completely no movement at all so I'm thinking bearings must have blown. So I tear down and get the end cap off and get to the rotor. It won't move and even hitting it with a hammer it wouldn't move...until the end of the magnet breaks loose and the rotor slides out revealing the two halves of the magnet. Ugh what can I do I already sent traxxas an email about this. This should not have happened it is an almost new motor that has around 10 packs run through it. Im thinking about doing the power up program with the xl5 system I have and putting the motor in my slash and the esc in my pede. What other motors can the vxl3s run effectively?
    Thanks guys for the help,
    Slashbasher24
    "Duct tape and superglue are my spareparts"

Quote Originally Posted by slashbasher24 View Post
    Hey guys
    I have a vxl system in my slash and all of a sudden my motor stops rolling like completely no movement at all so I'm thinking bearings must have blown. So I tear down and get the end cap off and get to the rotor. It won't move and even hitting it with a hammer it wouldn't move...until the end of the magnet breaks loose and the rotor slides out revealing the two halves of the magnet. Ugh what can I do I already sent traxxas an email about this. This should not have happened it is an almost new motor that has around 10 packs run through it. Im thinking about doing the power up program with the xl5 system I have and putting the motor in my slash and the esc in my pede. What other motors can the vxl3s run effectively?
    Thanks guys for the help,
    Slashbasher24
    Any 2 pole motor.
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Don't go to the xl5 system, because is just worse than the vxl system (sorry traxxas )
    You can buy a new rotor for the motor: http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....v1gc3rd822o4q2

Part #3353

*And remember clean ALL the fragments inside of the motor
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Qualifier
    I have seen a fair amount of rotor issue lately, my magnet sliding off being one. Wonder why...
    2x Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    I have seen a fair amount of rotor issue lately, my magnet sliding off being one. Wonder why...
    It could be due to heat issues. Do you use a temp gun to check the motor after you run? With the velineon motor, you want to stay at a maximum of around 170*-180* degrees. If it gets too hot, the glue holding the magnet could break down and cause your magnet to fall off.
    Last edited by dgudenau; 08-30-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL