RC Qualifier

Thumbs down Slash steering servo problems!

Hey everyone, I am having a problem with my 2wd slash. Again. I hit a tree or something today and now my steering is like binding or something. I took the servo horn off thinking it might have gotten knocked out of place, but when I turned on the truck the steering servo centered itself so I put the horn back on but the wheels were slightly turned to the left so I tried turning the wheels with the truck off and it was hard to turn them the one way but really easy to turn the opposite way. Also when I had the horn off I tried turning the wheels and there was no binding at all. So I am thinking its the servo. Would it be easier to order parts and repair the servo or just buy a new one?

No. I had this when my dad crashed my 2wd and the screw in the bell cranks was bent
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Ok I checked my whole steering system and there was no problems. But I checked every screw and I couldn't see that any were bent.. So idk

Even if bent do slightly. Otherwise If that ain't it I would get someone from your LHS check it out
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Have you taken the servo saver off and re-centering the servo from your Tx then reinstalling the saver again? A good upgrade down the road from the stock saver is going with the Slash 4x4 bellcrank.

6845: Steering bellcranks/ servo saver/ servo saver spring/ servo spring retainer/servo horn, steering
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Ok yea I tried recentering it but idk.

RC Qualifier
    Check to make sure the top of the bellcranks didn't pop out of their holes. If they did, there is a screw in there and it needs to be tightened. Not all the way though, that will create binding. Just enough to where they can spin freely with no binding. Other than that, maybe a rock got caught in between the bellcranks.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Qualifier
    Ok yea it's really weird because now when I turn left it goes to the middle sand when I turn right it goes really hard to the right. But when I take off the servo horn and recentering it as soon as I put the servo horn back on the wheels aim slightly to the right. So I made sure my trim was in the middle and it is.