Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

Pulled the trigger and bought this....what do u guys think?

so i was debating whether i should spend more money on a 1/8th scale buggy...or throw more money into my e-revo...i decided...what the heck...a bought this....what do u guys think?

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/...1/9830d40e.jpg

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/...1/2fbf0adb.jpg

-tekno conversion
    -vantage chassis
    -tekno a arm and knuckels
    -full aluminum skids
    -full metal gears in tranny
    -mamba monster esc 1/8 scale with fan(used once)
    -mamba monster 1/8 motor with fan(new)
    - two new 6s batterys
    -7 bodies
    -2 sets of wheels
    - titanium pushrods and chassis braces
    -hitec high torque servo
    -2 spektrum recivers
    -1 futaba 2.4 reciver

i've been wanting to change over my e-revo's chassis to this chassis anyway...so i figure...heck...this guy already did it for me...might as well get his....forgo the whole race buggy thing (maybe revisit in about 6 mo?...when the wife is more happy and forgets this purchase?...NOT!!...ha ha)...and so now i have a two e-revo....this has now officially become an obsession!!!

can't wait to get it...(haven't got it yet...hopefully it survives mailing)

RC Qualifier
    That thing looks sweet what differential's is it equipped with ?
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Racer
    what's in the tranny? The stock tranny go boom!

RC Qualifier
    he said he put full metal gears in the tranny...so...we'll see...

not sure what diff he's running...but...i'll find out...i'm not crazy about the whole losi diff thing...i'll run it until i absolutely have to put new diffs in....until then....i'm not running out to get a losi diff...

Nice one mate
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    IvVaum, how much did you fork out for that? It's looking really nice! Enjoy the obsession lol!
    Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

RC Qualifier
    this set me back five large ones...i was going to buy a serpent 811 BE but now it's all traxxas...

the wife is saying that i should sell my e-revo...and i'm thinking...ummm....NO!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by IvVaum View Post
    this set me back five large ones...i was going to buy a serpent 811 BE but now it's all traxxas...

the wife is saying that i should sell my e-revo...and i'm thinking...ummm....NO!
    That a boy! Stand your ground.

.....and sleep in the garage.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by metoo2 View Post
    That a boy! Stand your ground.

.....and sleep in the garage.
    ha ha...although..setting up shop in there is not a bad idea...

I hear that mate...I got read the riot act when my wife saw my second build on the go, I wonder what she'll say when she see's the next project is a go. Nice one
    Last edited by craig.mitch316; 08-29-2012 at 06:43 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    I hear that mate...I got read the riot act when my wife saw my second build on the go, I wonder what she'll say when she see's the next project is a go. Nice one
    yeah...post lots of pic on ur next build...would love to see it...i've always loved those threads...

-vantage chassis
    carbon??

===
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    thats a nice score...
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Qualifier
    8 vehicles , 3 planes and 3 heli 's...... Definitely an obsession. I get yelled at by the wife too. Especially when parts arrive several times a week. My two favorite websites are traxxas and eBay. Beautiful truck you picked up. Might have to look into that chassis myself.

Beatings will continue until compliance is gained
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good

RC Qualifier
    LOL, gaurdog I just read your post to my wife.....she said..."that sounds familiar "
    (Rich)..If its stock.....leave it in the box!

Nice buy. Do you let the wife drive it?? Lol
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    i was surprised that it was the same wheel base as my erbe...and just from the "feel" of it...it seems heavier than the erbe even though it has carbon fiber chassis...

i have to admit though...that carbon fiber body is super stiff...super strong...i was quite surprised at how strong it was...and the tekno kit...very well put together...it's definitely not cheap and definitely does not have the plasticky feel to it...i like it...and from my initial impression...i would recommend this route over the plasticky erbe body...

i like it so much...i'm thinking i'm gonna order a vantage revo kit with a tekno conversion...it's that good...

RC Qualifier
    so it finally arrived...took it awhile but it got here without damage so i guess that's what's important...the seller was pretty cool...he gave me a bunch of stuff...well worth the 5 large that i paid for it...

here's everything that came in the box...

that looks to be pretty good. alot of parts for backup or building another e revo. nice sets of wheels too and can change for road use and bashing nice and a huge plus for me is when i get a rc that is clean like that is.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Enthusiast
    Thats a horrible find! So horrible you should send it to me J/k great find definitely worth what you paid for it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by F1fan View Post
    Thats a horrible find! So horrible you should send it to me J/k great find definitely worth what you paid for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    that looks to be pretty good. alot of parts for backup or building another e revo. nice sets of wheels too and can change for road use and bashing nice and a huge plus for me is when i get a rc that is clean like that is.
    yeah i have to admit...i feel like it was well worth the money spent...and yeah there was a lot of extra parts...almost enough to put together another erbe roller...

as a matter of fact...i'm thinking...i'm gonna build one from the ground up...of cos...gotta let the wifey cool down a little...although she did say...you got all of that for $500?...and i said...Yeap...so she says...well u better sell the other one than...there's no way ur gonna be able to drive two cars at the same time...i just shake my head going...babe...u just don't understand...ha ha...

same here when i bought my emaxx, i got a heck of a deal total to have it rtr with lipos and all. i have 3 rc's right now and wife says if i get another i have to sell one which may happen sometime. i've gotton 2 great deals when buying and trading a rc. By the way very nice deal you got there i would buy it for sure.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Competitor
    as a matter of fact...i'm thinking...i'm gonna build one from the ground up...of cos...gotta let the wifey cool down a little...although she did say...you got all of that for $500?...and i said...Yeap...so she says...well u better sell the other one than...there's no way ur gonna be able to drive two cars at the same time...i just shake my head going...babe...u just don't understand...ha ha...
    I know the feeling. One ERBE, Legacy Rustler, River Hobbies (which IS being sold), T4.1, 18R later and I'm still getting in trouble. Though the partner has an 18R also and a HSP mini monster truck thing that we still haven't figured out what it really is. So I just point out how much has been spent on the partner's 380. Haha.

RC poster

New Guy looking for exact type of deal as "IV VAUM posted

New to this site, hello all! My site aka is "ADRENALINED" but my friends call me Lee. Anyway I am so glad I noticed this dudes recent pre-owned buy. I was going to ask what you could expect to get for about 400-600 bills & "IV VAUM" recent listing showing his buy answered about 6 hrs worth of ?'s for me! So Thx "IV VAUM for that.

I am very experienced in the pre-owned buying & selling of R/C Helicopters of all types for a while now, but for some health reasons I needed to move into R/C land vehicles. Also here in Houston,Tx there is a great set-up at a 20+ yr old R/C hobby shop named M & M that was recently bought by a new owner, who has put all kinds of money into the shops outdoor racing tracks for R/C LV's. And it is perfect for my health situation & the staff there are the best!
    Anyway I have about $500 burning a whole in my pocket to get started with a trophy truck style R/C racer. I prefer brushless motor plants, mostly cause I understand them from the Helo's & want to start out with a Green R/C set-up to start. U known doing my part for climate control & all.... LOL! I'm lying like ****, I could give a crap about all that saving the world stuff with this hobby, I just want to start out with Electric before going nitro.

Ohh how I miss LOUD SMOKING ENGINES! I raced Super-Karts 125cc & 250cc sprint & roadrace 2 cycles that would SCREAM at 12-13,000 RPM's/ Loved the noise, smell......You know adrenaline up the wazoo. But that was 5+ yrs ago. I have retired since then & need both my knees replaced, so the Helo thing has been impossible until I get through both knee surgery's and rehab's. A yr+ away if not more. So the current set up at the shop/club in Houston I mentioned is perfect for racing R/C LV's, due to the fact it is handicapped friendly. I use a power chair currently, I can stand, and walk a few steps with a walker, but that still feels like knives being driven in each lower kneecap! Sucks, but whatever.

Can anyone give me a heads up on best place to buy as an example what "IV VAUM just bought? BTW "IV VAUM where did U get that sweet hook up if U don't mind me asking? The track that I will be using it on is an outdoor MotoX style track. I could & will post the website for M&M that has pic's of the setup ect, after I check & make sure someone else has not already posted it in here. I do know that they just added a sweet roadrace/drifting setup right behind the MotoX track I want to start out on.
    I have been looking mostly at "TRAXXAS" products, but thats only cause my research is limited to them & M&M is a dealer for them. What do I need to stay away from in the pre-owned world of R/C trucks. I think I am wanting to start out with a 1/10 to 1/8 scale type 4-WD-brushless, like the TRAXXAS "Slash" fully tricked ready to race with extra's if possible, like what sir "IV VAUM just took down. I understand this is not a set-up for the newbie, I learned my lesson well from buying and flying R/C helo's. But it seems common sense that we are not comparing the same skill sets. Not to mention the fact I will be on the ground and I know many of these with the highest output brushless engine with best LiPo setups, have setting allowing you to run at different pwr bands as in 1/2 pwr to start with in order to get the eye hand together.

Anyway, since this is my 1st post I will end it until I get the feel for this site ect. I wanted to mostly say hello & ask about finding pre-owned R/C trucks like "IV VAUM just scored.
    2nd to let everyone know that I have a open door policy,(meaning) as I leave my email addy & text/cell contact info on my signiture info, under my site name of "ADRENALINED". I am retired, so I tell folks if they ever have a ? for me or just want to BS about the hobby call me 24/7, I am a pretty easy going guy, and always will try and help anyone who needs it, zero attitude here. I had enough of that with the fixed-wing flying guys who treated us Helo guys like we had the plague. I know none of those guys R N here...lol Thx all & take care ADRENALINED aka Lee
    Last edited by Adrenalined; 09-15-2012 at 01:55 AM.

RC Qualifier
    hey Lee...this site is pretty cool...i have to admit...it's filled with all sorts of knowledge...it's a little hard digging the archives...and i hate to ask stupid repeated questions...but sometimes...u just have to ask it...i know i've asked many stupid questions...but these guys are pretty good at answering them...i've always liked reading their mods and how they went about doing it...makes it easy for me to follow...

the guy who sold this to me...had it up for sale for quite a long time...but it seems nobody picked it up...and when i saw it...i did my calculation of the tekno kit and the vantage body...the motor...the all metal robinson racing tranny gears...and i said...if i was to put together something like this...it would cost me way more than this used one....and this one was in pretty good shape...so why not...and so i got it...and to my surprise...when i got it...i said wow...

look around...u'll find some pretty good deals...right about now...i'm sooooo itching for a slash 4x4 and a serpent be...i've been looking at the slash 4x4 and i'm like hmmm...i'm seeing some pretty good deals on a few lcg 4x4 slash...(gonna just buy it and hopefully the wifey won't notice...ha ha...lots of shells lying around...she won't know...*cross fingers*)

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalined View Post
    New to this site, hello all! My site aka is "ADRENALINED" but my friends call me Lee. Anyway I am so glad I noticed this dudes recent pre-owned buy. I was going to ask what you could expect to get for about 400-600 bills & "IV VAUM" recent listing showing his buy answered about 6 hrs worth of ?'s for me! So Thx "IV VAUM for that.

I am very experienced in the pre-owned buying & selling of R/C Helicopters of all types for a while now, but for some health reasons I needed to move into R/C land vehicles. Also here in Houston,Tx there is a great set-up at a 20+ yr old R/C hobby shop named M & M that was recently bought by a new owner, who has put all kinds of money into the shops outdoor racing tracks for R/C LV's. And it is perfect for my health situation & the staff there are the best!
    Anyway I have about $500 burning a whole in my pocket to get started with a trophy truck style R/C racer. I prefer brushless motor plants, mostly cause I understand them from the Helo's & want to start out with a Green R/C set-up to start. U known doing my part for climate control & all.... LOL! I'm lying like ****, I could give a crap about all that saving the world stuff with this hobby, I just want to start out with Electric before going nitro.

Ohh how I miss LOUD SMOKING ENGINES! I raced Super-Karts 125cc & 250cc sprint & roadrace 2 cycles that would SCREAM at 12-13,000 RPM's/ Loved the noise, smell......You know adrenaline up the wazoo. But that was 5+ yrs ago. I have retired since then & need both my knees replaced, so the Helo thing has been impossible until I get through both knee surgery's and rehab's. A yr+ away if not more. So the current set up at the shop/club in Houston I mentioned is perfect for racing R/C LV's, due to the fact it is handicapped friendly. I use a power chair currently, I can stand, and walk a few steps with a walker, but that still feels like knives being driven in each lower kneecap! Sucks, but whatever.

Can anyone give me a heads up on best place to buy as an example what "IV VAUM just bought? BTW "IV VAUM where did U get that sweet hook up if U don't mind me asking? The track that I will be using it on is an outdoor MotoX style track. I could & will post the website for M&M that has pic's of the setup ect, after I check & make sure someone else has not already posted it in here. I do know that they just added a sweet roadrace/drifting setup right behind the MotoX track I want to start out on.
    I have been looking mostly at "TRAXXAS" products, but thats only cause my research is limited to them & M&M is a dealer for them. What do I need to stay away from in the pre-owned world of R/C trucks. I think I am wanting to start out with a 1/10 to 1/8 scale type 4-WD-brushless, like the TRAXXAS "Slash" fully tricked ready to race with extra's if possible, like what sir "IV VAUM just took down. I understand this is not a set-up for the newbie, I learned my lesson well from buying and flying R/C helo's. But it seems common sense that we are not comparing the same skill sets. Not to mention the fact I will be on the ground and I know many of these with the highest output brushless engine with best LiPo setups, have setting allowing you to run at different pwr bands as in 1/2 pwr to start with in order to get the eye hand together.

Anyway, since this is my 1st post I will end it until I get the feel for this site ect. I wanted to mostly say hello & ask about finding pre-owned R/C trucks like "IV VAUM just scored.
    2nd to let everyone know that I have a open door policy,(meaning) as I leave my email addy & text/cell contact info on my signiture info, under my site name of "ADRENALINED". I am retired, so I tell folks if they ever have a ? for me or just want to BS about the hobby call me 24/7, I am a pretty easy going guy, and always will try and help anyone who needs it, zero attitude here. I had enough of that with the fixed-wing flying guys who treated us Helo guys like we had the plague. I know none of those guys R N here...lol Thx all & take care ADRENALINED aka Lee

RC Qualifier
    Have you weighed the two yet ? I would like to see the weight difference
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

Brewers74 i have mine set-up close to what he have a REVO-E minus the vantage carbon chassis and sway bar. mine weight a little over 9 lbs, 9.6lbs to be exact without the lid on but how much can a body weight? right?

RC Qualifier
    no haven't weighed it yet...but the revo-e does feel heavier...it's for sure much stiffer and i definitely notice the difference in performance...the revo-e just drives better...minus the turning...for some reason it will turn to the left a little quicker than the right...perhaps i just don't have the servo dialed in correctly...it will go straight with no problems and there's no problem keeping it straight...and steering isn't an issue...it's just that i've notice going left and right...there's a hesitation when turning right...oh well...

but other than that...it does perform better than my e-revo....now that's not saying that it will be better than other people's set up...just my e-revo setup...so take it for what it's worth from a newbie that knows nada...

i know nothing...and i can prove it...

RC Qualifier
    well...sad to say...that mamba motor has waaaaaaaaay too much torque...i dunno...but yeah...kinda mad...just kinda...(actually way kinda)...

looks like i'm shelling out dough for a losi diff...i guess this means...time to work on the merv and get that darn thing up and running...either that or run the erbe until it breaks too...

i believe the initial cause of the problem was the bearings on the inside shaft of the pinion (lingo is probably all wrong but whatever) worn out and it caused the diff to get shredded....i heard some grinding noise but didn't think anything of it...let me tell u...nothing beats experience...next time i'll know better...

well...sad to say...that mamba motor has waaaaaaaaay too much torque...i dunno...but yeah...kinda mad...just kinda...(actually way kinda)...

looks like i'm shelling out dough for a losi diff...i guess this means...time to work on the merv and get that darn thing up and running...either that or run the erbe until it breaks too...

i believe the initial cause of the problem was the bearings on the inside shaft of the pinion (lingo is probably all wrong but whatever) worn out and it caused the diff to get shredded....i heard some grinding noise but didn't think anything of it...let me tell u...nothing beats experience...next time i'll know better...
    I remember that all to well mate ; its a bummer blown bearings.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    IvVaum.... Don't feel bad. All Erbe owners go through the diff rebuild at some point in time. I replaced rear diff 2x in 2 weeks. That much torque, it's bound to happen

uh oh.... that didn't sound good

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by guardog View Post
    IvVaum.... Don't feel bad. All Erbe owners go through the diff rebuild at some point in time. I replaced rear diff 2x in 2 weeks. That much torque, it's bound to happen

yeah...i kinda figured it was bound to happen...all i read about on here is diff this...diff that...i was hoping that i wouldn't be one of those victims...oh well...thanks.

RC Qualifier
    before i shredded my rear diff...i was playing with the servo and that whole traxxas servo receiver end thingy or whatever you want to call it...trying to set it right...that menu thingy is so convoluted...i don't know how anyone can understand all those stupid blinking lights...so...i gave up and ended with this setting...is this normal?

sounds like it is running past throw...bottoming out......
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    sounds like it is running past throw...bottoming out......
    it looks like on both sides it's going past where it's suppose to go...is there a point where i can tell it to stop?

I also noticed that you are not using the max steering stop with your steering link connected to the outer hole of the servo horn. Try connect it to the hole next to it (basically the middle hole) on the servo horn...read post #71; it may help some what...You may also need to reset steering end points; I don't know, just my thoughts.

Read pg30 of the summit manual; it will explain how you do it. (You want to follow # sequence 2; 1; & 4 to reset end point if that makes sense)
    Last edited by craig.mitch316; 09-27-2012 at 06:37 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    I also noticed that you are not using the max steering stop with your steering link connected to the outer hole of the servo horn. Try connect it to the hole next to it (basically the middle hole) on the servo horn...read post #71; it may help some what...You may also need to reset steering end points; I don't know, just my thoughts.

Read pg30 of the summit manual; it will explain how you do it. (You want to follow # sequence 2; 1; & 4 to reset end point if that makes sense)
    thanks...i will do that...i've been trying to reset the end points...but for the life of me...trying to read the blinking lights and figure all this out has not been the easiest of things.

thanks...i will do that...i've been trying to reset the end points...but for the life of me...trying to read the blinking lights and figure all this out has not been the easiest of things.
    Just looking at the manual again...pg29 explains it better (You want to follow # sequence 2; 1; & 4 to reset end point if that makes sense) might make better sense now .
    Rock n Rolla !

Just looking at the manual again...pg29 explains it better (You want to follow # sequence 2; 1; & 4 to reset end point if that makes sense) might make better sense now .
    Sorry mate...I should of posted the eRevo manual here, I was looking at the old one I had I didn't realise they had updated it.

Same info as before but on pg33 of the eRevo manual.
    Rock n Rolla !

this is the video i watch when i did'nt have my little manual on my 2.4ghz TQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhU5fAQSejk