RC poster

First post here, quick question :)

Hi all I'm a first time poster here and had a quick question. I just got into rc'ing my brother got me a slash 4x4 ultimate and I wanted to upgrade the shock towers and get some a arms and was wondering, for durability do you recommend the RPM plastic parts or Integy(or similar brand) machined aluminum parts? Are the RPM parts lighter, therefor making the car a little faster? Mainly I'm looking for durability though. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    Welcome to the forum and the addiction! RPM is the way to go. Very durable compared to stock. Integy does not temper thier metal products so they are not as strong as others. I'd take any other brand over them...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC poster
    Okay, thanks for the quick reply! Will do.

RC Champion
    the RPM shock tower's in my experience need to have nut's on the screw's for shock's and camber link's. I was pulling link screw's and the top screw's on the shocks out constantly till i did the little nut's on the screw's. Now all is fine.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC poster
    Is that a common problem or pretty rare?

RC Racer
    Don't have RPM shock towers but have never had that problem with any of their other stuff, it's all high quality.
    Stay away from integy though... Made that mistake wayyy back cause its so shiny and low priced, you get what you pay for
    with it, bends and breaks very easily.
    Slash 4x4
    MMM 2650
    Rustler VXL
    Emaxx

RC Racer
    RPM everything for bashing. Alminum will bend if your bashing. i had a integy motor fan on my vxl system and it was garbage.
    Slash Ultimate MMP 2400KV
    Grave Digger 30th Anniv

RC Champion
    I bash with all rpm stuff and love it. I upgraded (don't need) to tekne axles front and rear because I got sick and tired of cleaning the stock axles slip joint. money well spent. Should say, ahhh well you know.

RC Champion
    The RPM stuff is made out of nylon so it has some give to it. The hard plastic stock breaks more easily. The aluminium has a tendancy to either bend or break which is not good in either case.

I recommend waiting until you break a shock tower before you buy new ones. The stock towers do the job well. If you break one is when I would go upgrade to a different set. The RPM towers are great I have them on one of my trucks. That was after It was run over and it needed new towers.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC poster
    Okay yeah I'll wait, I have them sitting in the packaging still but I don't have the hex tools lol can't afford the decent tools right now so I couldn't do it even if I I wanted to , but thanks for all the tips guys!