RC Qualifier

Question traxxas big bore shocks

i installed the traxxas big bore shocks with the included shock oil part# 5862 the problem is the front end seems to be sagging low i did put the largest spacers in the shock is there something else that needs to be done it seems like the shocks could be a little firmer and hold the truck up higher
    how many rc trucks does one person need lol

RC Racer
    add more preload
    mine was the same i put the stock springs back on and adjusted the height with the preload spacers
    sl2sh, p4de trail truck

RC Qualifier
    ok yea that was my next question should i put the stock spring back on. thanks for you help

RC Qualifier
    I use 2 of the largest spacers on each shock on my big bores.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tjtoed View Post
    I use 2 of the largest spacers on each shock on my big bores.
    ok thanks i'm sure if i dig around i proly have a few extras.
    Last edited by dragonslayergh; 08-28-2012 at 06:30 PM.

RC Racer
    Use the stock pede springs and spring retainers on them, top and bottom. I wrapped the shock body in some electrical tape so the top retainer wasn't sloppy.

The springs that come with the big bores are for a slash, and suck for a pede. I upgraded to the VG Racing pede springs on my big bores, and absolutely love them. Those with 70w oil and it lands jumps and corners like a boss.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Spillproof View Post
    Use the stock pede springs and spring retainers on them, top and bottom. I wrapped the shock body in some electrical tape so the top retainer wasn't sloppy.

The springs that come with the big bores are for a slash, and suck for a pede. I upgraded to the VG Racing pede springs on my big bores, and absolutely love them. Those with 70w oil and it lands jumps and corners like a boss.
    You use the HD springs or just the regular VG Racing springs? The HD ones were too stiff for me.

RC Racer
    I use the ones for the stampede 4x4. At first I thought they were to stiff, then I drove on them and its pretty amazing. No plushness anymore. I like it for my driving style.

RC Qualifier
    ok thats my next project been working no my maxx doing some upgrades thanks for the help

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Spillproof View Post
    I use the ones for the stampede 4x4. At first I thought they were to stiff, then I drove on them and its pretty amazing. No plushness anymore. I like it for my driving style.
    This set http://www.vgracing.com/mm5/merchant...de_Springs_4x4

I have them and they barely fit on the shocks and I noticed my shock guards in the rear were starting to bend down.

You could go with stiffer losi springs to keep the front level and tune your truck's handling. I've tried the black, blue and green springs looking for better handling.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...