RC Competitor

fixing a bent drive shaft

hey guys this is my way of fixing a bent drive shaft i would appreciate it if you could take a look at the video . thanks

http://youtu.be/co3fcA7PMDA

That link wasn't working for me...is this the vid you tried to post?

Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    That's the video. Link worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by YFZBOB View Post
    That's the video. Link worked for me.
    I tried to watch it at work...it may have been blocked. Thanks mate
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    No Worries Mate! Hate when they block my favorite sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    I tried to watch it at work...it may have been blocked. Thanks mate

RC Competitor
    thanks for fixing it. i want to ask a question my pivot balls keep coming out of the carriers how can i stop this?

RC Qualifier
    what carriers are you using?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by hottrodd1090 View Post
    what carriers are you using?
    Rpm carriers

RC Competitor
    Lose the RPM carriers, the stock once work just fine and is cheap and easy to replace.

RC Qualifier
    mine kept popping out too and i put the front stock ones back on.i tried taking the metal ring off the stock ones and putting them on the rpm ones but it made it too tight.to get the pivot ball to move freely i had to have it really loose and that caused alot of play in the camber of the wheel.

RC Racer
    In the video, doesn't he put the cvds in backwards? I though the red part was suppose to go by the diff?
    EMBE build in progress!

RC Qualifier
    Only on the center diffs, the dogbone outdrives go on the diff output, the RED ring is on the side with the threaded shaft that fits into the hub carrier.

However, sticking a driveshaft in a bench vice won't fit it, you'll need to gently over bend it in the exact opposite direction of the original bend so it sets back in place.

Just clamping it flat won't remove the bend completely, depending on how bad it is it may make a good improvement or nothing at all.

For the record I use MIP Spline CVDs and Traxxas centers.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 65535 View Post
    Only on the center diffs, the dogbone outdrives go on the diff output, the RED ring is on the side with the threaded shaft that fits into the hub carrier.

However, sticking a driveshaft in a bench vice won't fit it, you'll need to gently over bend it in the exact opposite direction of the original bend so it sets back in place.

Just clamping it flat won't remove the bend completely, depending on how bad it is it may make a good improvement or nothing at all.

Thats what I thought haha. Does anybody know if the emaxx center cvds will work on the e revo? They are $10 cheaper.
    EMBE build in progress!

RC Qualifier
    I don't believe they will, I think the transmission is in different locations and overall size is different enough to keep them from fitting.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 65535 View Post

Well I used the bench vice and it works like a charm. My driveshaft came out perfectly straight and after hitting a couple of huge jumps nothing happend so far. so I think it worked pretty good.