RC Racer

thoughts and your input, sorry long post

ok guys I want to do some upgrading. Right now I have rpm front a arms, integy motor fan/heatsink, velion esc fan, 6400 mah 3s lipo and I have a 9t pinion to put in still. I recently was on a baseball field doing light bashing and some how broke the rear drive hub, so I plan on teknos driveshafts and hubs in the rear. Some questions: Do you think I really need to put in the 9 t pinion? I also plan on a rollcage and not using the body, getting the T bone front bumper with steering servo guard, or do you guys think the rpm wide front bumper would be just as good? and maybe new tires. too me, this should be a great set up for bashing and speed combine, do you guys have anything else to add or that I should do or get? are there any must haves? I know I should do the teknos all around and rpm rear a arms but I think to wait until things break first sorry for long post, The truck is sick as it is but I wanna make it look and be bad *****.

oh and once the motor burns out what castle motor do you think is best for a replacement?
    Last edited by mattstang2007; 08-27-2012 at 10:39 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Looks like your on the right track for up-grades.Tekno drive shafts on all 4 corners are great,but you will have to loose a little down
    travel.Kingheadz motor mount and bearing adapter are also a comin up-grade.The stock center drive shaft has not been a issue for me.I also run the RPM front bumper some like it others dont.My concern would be 3s on the stock motor and esc.Servo guard
    seems debatable,have never used one but was tempted till I heard they trap rocks.Castle motors 3800 2s or 2400 3s.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Qualifier
    I have done the following upgrades and am very happy with them:
    Tekno rear and center drive shafts
    Traxxas big bore shocks
    Traxxas metal motor mount
    Clear mesh cover
    Revo slipper
    Castle sidewinder + 3800 kv motor as I only run 2s
    Lots of pinions 11, 13, 15, 17
    RPM bumper front

Next is rims and tires.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    To run 3s the 9t in needed, electronics tend to overheat on 3s more if you go offroad. Tbone bumper IMO is beefier than Rpm, servo protector no needed, teknos or MIPS are always recommended, revo slipper with metal bearing adapter, aluminum motor mount too no need to be kingz...strc works good and cheaper.

RC Racer
    Thanks guys, ok I am scratching servo guard off the list. I really like the t-bone bumper so ima get that for sure. I wanna keep running the 3s so guess that 9t will be going in. I actually think I want an aftermarket motor mount and the clear cover. Can't wait to get all the upgrades. any suggestion on good tires? I was gonna go with proline trenchers.

As rcfan said stick to the 9t because the heavier you make the pede the more stress you will put on the vxl system
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mattstang2007 View Post
    Thanks guys, ok I am scratching servo guard off the list. I really like the t-bone bumper so ima get that for sure. I wanna keep running the 3s so guess that 9t will be going in. I actually think I want an aftermarket motor mount and the clear cover. Can't wait to get all the upgrades. any suggestion on good tires? I was gonna go with proline trenchers.
    i personally like the servo guard, and depending on where you are ording the tbone front, get the guard now to save on shipping. However they are correct that it isnt 'needed'.

get atleast 2 sets of tires. Street and offroad. For street i actually like the stock tires over my street fighters. The street fighters grip too much and it is too easy to roll on pavement. My next set will most likely be glocs.

For offroad i use trenchers.

I use the rpm bumper. no reason except it was in stock locally and tbone wasnt. i had to cut it to fit it with the servo guard, but the tbone front and servo guard are made to fit perfect.

you can skip the clear cover if you are on a budget, but it isnt that expensive.

i also put on the proline protrac kit to make the pede wider.