most durable lcg?

title says it all. what is the most durable lcg conversion? it will be pretty much for bashing. i will note that i dont do anything to hardcore like launching my rig 50' through the air or anything similar.

i jump some stairs, some ramps, and i plan on building some dirt jumps so i will have dirt landings as well there.

i was thinking maybe the strc conversion?
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Champion
    I would have to say the strc lcg chassis conversion is the most durable. The aluminum plate should be very strong as well as the rustler chassis. Even if the rustler chassis did break, it is cheap to repair as opposed to if the Anza or slice chassises broke.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    I would rate the Chuck Works Slice chassis the most indestructible by design.
    Lots of things would have to go wrong and severe abuse to break the formed aluminum pan on the Anza and that pan also looks most similar on the new Proline LCG coming out.
    I have yet to hear of anyone speaking poorly of the STRC LCG conversion.
    Heck, a little reinforcement to the stock Traxxas chassis works just fine and can't see any need for an LCG chassis to bash with? You can have lots of spare Traxxas parts for the cost of any LCG build. It's not so much the chassis that break but more the stuff that hangs off them/ Proline has a chassis saver aluminum plate for the rear of the Slash. add that to your stocker and go, I would suggest upgrading to bigger shocks with much thicker shafts by the way.

Honestly, so what if you break something, just fix it

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    I own the chuckworks a3-slice design. It is super durable and has surpassed all of my expectations. I have abused it, jumped it 15' high, let my kid try to destroy it. The chassis parts have not failed. EVER. I have lost proline, traxxas plastic parts, and rc solutions alum caster blocks, but the chuckworks materials are very bomb proof. The strc/rusty chassis setup will be top notch durable also. For a straight bashing truck I would go with the strc conversion. If you will be racing, and have mechanical abilities/tools, I would go with one of the chuckworks/anza setups. The strc/traxxas chassis will be the most durable/simple/ cost effective option by far.

That said, I like the versatility of the chuckworks stuff for the home brewers out there. It is amazing for me.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

My STRC has held up pretty well this season. I've raced it most of the summer with no problems.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

i havent had a problem with the durablitiy of the stock slash chassis, i was just looking into lcg conversions to make the car harder to flip. its annoying to have to flip it back over so much, thats really the only reason im looking into one. which is why i said for a "basher".

strc may just be the route.

im also making up a parts list of "wants" for my slash lol, give me something to do lol
    Drag It!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    i havent had a problem with the durablitiy of the stock slash chassis, i was just looking into lcg conversions to make the car harder to flip. its annoying to have to flip it back over so much, thats really the only reason im looking into one. which is why i said for a "basher".

strc may just be the route.

im also making up a parts list of "wants" for my slash lol, give me something to do lol
    I have everything you need listed for sale on the Market Place for your next build take a peak and at my weekend sale price!
    Yes the LCG saves you many trips to flipping the care back over LOL Still if you get a lot of side bite on grass you can flip it but you get more cornering speed for sure!

yeah low center of gravity doesnt prevent flips, just helps with them, and right now if i corner with any sorts of speed at all i flip lol, especially on pavement lol. not looking to purchase anything this moment, just looking for info mostly. but i do appritiate the offer.
    Drag It!

yeah low center of gravity doesnt prevent flips, just helps with them, and right now if i corner with any sorts of speed at all i flip lol, especially on pavement lol. not looking to purchase anything this moment, just looking for info mostly. but i do appritiate the offer.
    I rarely flip my slash now the STRC lcg mod is finished. It's pretty amazing how well it works.

Sent from my old phone

would you mind posting up some pics of it? i would like to see one installed on someones rig other than just from the website.
    Drag It!

Give me an hour or so to get home and I'll post em up.

Here are the pics:

With the lid:

A few detail pics:

Last edited by cooleocool; 08-17-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: post merge

that works i fell asleep and just woke up like 15 minutes ago lol.

but anyways....................... that doesnt look to bad, you just have the lid off or something or is that still a waterproof rx box?
    Drag It!

I used a rustler receiver box because its more compact. I was still in the process of finishing the truck when I took the pics so I had the lid off.

I wound up going with a viper 4500 motor setup because the vxl wasn't working well for racing.

ahhh, well not building a racer and mines working good enough for now. ok thanks for the info on the rx, it does look a little more compact then the slash, and i thought it was small lol
    Last edited by 08kgraves; 08-17-2012 at 06:24 PM.
    Drag It!

hey o.g.

you have any pics of the bottom of the rig? im looking to see what all parts replace what parts to be more exact so i know
    Drag It!

hey o.g.

you have any pics of the bottom of the rig? im looking to see what all parts replace what parts to be more exact so i know
    It never occurred to me to get pics of the undercarriage...

I just looked it over and from the front of the truck to the rear of the Rustler chassis it's all stock - looks just like a Rusty. The difference is from the rear chassis back.

There are 4 main parts to the slash kit (plus the battery hold down) and they all fit in the area of the motor.

Sent from Tapatalk version 3.14159265359

ok i think i see what your talking about. also trying to see where the random little pieces go as well. and would just like to see the front configuration a litte more. along with the bottom of chassis.

and if you could do you have a side view so i can see ground clearance?
    Drag It!