Last week, we were running GD pretty hard - we ran through 2 battery packs (back to back---Traxxas 2941 Series 3 NiMH 7-Cell 8.4V 3300mAh Hump )
towards then end of the 2nd battery cycle the motor blew some smoke and slowed right down. A week later it barely runs - so ya, pretty sure I blew the motor...
I am not worried about replacing it, more concerned about how I blew it. Should I let it rest in between battery changes? for cool down?
Are the batteries ok for what I am doing? Could a different battery run longer?
Is it possible I did battery damage too?
Forgive me if naive, it's all very new to me...