RC Qualifier

Slash 4x4 to Stampede 4x4.

I have a Slash 4x4 and i want a Stampede 4x4. So i bought a Pede 4x4 chasis, Middle drive shaft, And an 11T pinion gear. My slash 4x4 already has a 54T spur. But I just want to make sure before i install everything that the fron and rear of the truck is the same. I know the front and rear bolt on the same way, But are the Diff's and everything the same on both 4x4 trucks?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyT1992 View Post
    I have a Slash 4x4 and i want a Stampede 4x4. So i bought a Pede 4x4 chasis, Middle drive shaft, And an 11T pinion gear. My slash 4x4 already has a 54T spur. But I just want to make sure before i install everything that the fron and rear of the truck is the same. I know the front and rear bolt on the same way, But are the Diff's and everything the same on both 4x4 trucks?
    Yup, they are. Don't forget the body mounts and battery holder....
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    Yeah i have the battery holder, Are the body mounts the same as the slash 4x4's? They look the same. I allready have a pede body and what not. I will probably keep the Slash's rear bumper though. That's cool everything is the same, I like what traxxas did with these 4x4 trucks. The only thing i need to get are a Pede 4d4 front bumper and shock guards. And maybe upgraded shocks.
    Last edited by JohnnyT1992; 08-26-2012 at 11:32 PM.

I want to do the same thing with my Sl4ah. Subscribed, and let me know how the conversion goes.

Sent from Tapatalk version 3.14159265359
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    It should be done by this Thursday when i get my parts in. My slash 4x4 is ready for the new chassis. I undid the 8 screws and i have the front and rear all set with my talon wheels on it and i just have to take off my motor and esc and stuff off my slashes frame and put them on my Pede's chassis when i get it and then it will be done. The Pede 4x4's Chassis and 11T pinion and drive shaft only cost my $28. I dont think you need a new drive shaft. It is cheap to convert them if you allready have Pede 2wd or something parts laying around.

RC Enthusiast
    subscribed. im going to be something similar to a slash 4x4. im converting it to a pede truggy

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The Pede 4x4's Chassis and 11T pinion and drive shaft only cost my $28. I dont think you need a new drive shaft. It is cheap to convert them if you allready have Pede 2wd or something parts laying around.
    What parts could I use from my P2de?

Yeah i have the battery holder, Are the body mounts the same as the slash 4x4's? They look the same. I allready have a pede body and what not. I will probably keep the Slash's rear bumper though. That's cool everything is the same, I like what traxxas did with these 4x4 trucks. The only thing i need to get are a Pede 4d4 front bumper and shock guards. And maybe upgraded shocks.
    Rear is the same (6815). The Pede has a different front one (6715).

Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    What parts could I use from my P2de?

The 2WD and 4x4 Pedes are quite different cars. I don't think there is much the same except the body, rear arms (same size, but the 4x4 has stronger ones) and front wheels.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Rear is the same (6815). The Pede has a different front one (6715).
    Are you refering to the body post's? If so it is not a problem to get new ones.

Are you refering to the body post's? If so it is not a problem to get new ones.
    Yup. You only need to get a 6715 and use the 6815 from the Slash.

I now have a Sl4sh and a couple P2de's and I was trying to figure out what was interchangeable.

RC Racer
    i did the opposite, i had a p4de and did a mt slash conversion. love the p4de, but with the slash chassis it seems to handle better now

Quote Originally Posted by kspec4 View Post
    i did the opposite, i had a p4de and did a mt slash conversion. love the p4de, but with the slash chassis it seems to handle better now
    I haven't driven mine yet as its still under construction, but I like the looks of it so I may keep it as a Sl4sh. But I never can leave well enough alone...

RC Qualifier
    And what i ment by "It is cheap to convert them if you allready have Pede 2wd parts laying around" Is the talon tires and body. That is pretty much all the interchangable parts there are as far as i know.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Yup. You only need to get a 6715 and use the 6815 from the Slash.
    Thats's cool, It sux i have to buy a new part but it's only a couple bucks.

RC Qualifier
    I got my pede 4x4 chassis and parts today and i got it all put together and tested. It is more fun then the the Slash 4x4. But are the rear A-aremes on a stock pede 4x4 shorter then the fron A-armes? I dont know if it is bacause my pede 4x4 used to be a Slash 4x4 or what but my rear A-armes are shorter then the front. I think i will get RPM a-armes anyways though. I have a Slayer pro that i converted to electric then i converted the Slayer to a revo, So now i have a revo 5309 electric so i figure i will put some money into my P4de

The stock 4x4 Pede and Slash all have the same arms on the front and rear.

RC Qualifier
    Thats what i thought. Maybe because the rear wheels are angled a little so they just look shorter, I dont know.

RC Champion
    I want to do this as well with the spare slash parts I have. subscribed
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Qualifier
    Okay. It is done for the most part. I took my Slash 4x4 and converted it into a Pede 4x4 with a Pede 4x4 chassis and the shorter drive shaft. I put my pede 2wd talon wheels on it and it is pretty fun. It jumps real nice and will wheely from a full stop. I am useing a 7cell NiMH 8.4v 3000mah battery and my gearing it 11T/54T, I might drop it dont to a 9T pinion, Depending on how it goes with the 11T off road. I need to buy a Pede 4x4 bumper, Shock guards, An RX box and a wheely bar and a front body post for it to be a 100% True Stampede 4x4. I am going to buy the Proline protrac kit though. The A-Armes are kinda short i think and a wider stance will be nice for bashing. I also plan on getting some better shocks and thicker shock oil. I was gonna get traxxas big bore shocks but i dont know for sure yet.

But over all it is a veary easy conversion and is worth it IMO. It is more fun then the Slash 4x4 i think.

I drive alot together with my buddy who has a 4x4 Slash. Once in a while we end up in a collision where most of the time my Pede survives that better than the Slash. Especially the Slash bumpers tend to break more easy than the Pede ones. I think he had to replace his at least 5 times where I am still using the first one.

I got my pede 4x4 chassis and parts today and i got it all put together and tested. It is more fun then the the Slash 4x4.
    Post some before and after pics.