RC Qualifier

Slash 2wd into an oval dirt racer..

Anyone have any ideas on wat or where I should look or do to make my slash into an oval dirt track racer.. Where can I get the body and the set up..

RC Champion
    A member on the forum here named rag6 turned his slash into an oval racer that used a late model style shell. Here is a link to the build thread: http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ght=late+model I would highly recommend an lcg chassis to keep the weight low and the truck planted in the turns. You would have to experiment with shock oil and springs to find the right combination. Sway bars would be a good idea.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Open or Stock?

The one on the far right is stock and setup for carpet now. It has raced on asphalt.

You can't tell by the picture but the chassis is much higher on the right than the left. I did it with a LOT of shock limiters and a LOT of trial and error. The body sits level but that is due to using different positions on the body posts.

Spring spacers to adjust springs to conditions. I have 80 wt on the right and lighter shock oil on the left.

If I was racing in an open class, I'd drop in my Castle Sidewinder SCT combo and have oodles of power.

Body is by Losi. It has deep wheel wells and allows the body to sit lower on the chassis. I've seen others use the SCLM body by Stalker and the Ofna body, but both have to be mounted higher.

Tires are dependent on the dirt.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jfbaucom View Post
    Anyone have any ideas on wat or where I should look or do to make my slash into an oval dirt track racer.. Where can I get the body and the set up..
    Will you be racing at a particular track? What are the rules? I race in a dirt oval class that mostly everything has to be stock or a traxxas upgrade that does not modify the suspension geometry at all. Some RPM upgrades are an exception but they still cannot change the geometry. If this is the case, there is a good setup page here --> http://www.dirtoval.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68027

I got my body at --> http://www.bartspartsrc.com/ You can get everything to mount it from him as well. Some tracks use late model bodies.

RC Qualifier
    One of my buddies who owns a local track run a Stalker body, can't remember which one, but the company is named Stalker. He used to race real 1:1 race cars on pavement. I think it is a dirt late model body, but I'm not 100% sure.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Qualifier
    Keep in mind, "Latemodel" and "Modified" bodies generally refer to two different styles.

Latemodel is more like the pavement cars that are run on short tracks and look like my yellow one.

Modified is what Rag6 is running on his and is generally a dirt oval car.

People use them interchangeably but they should not.

RC Qualifier
    They race dirt latemodel bodies in real life, and I'm positive that is what he has. It has a low nose, and comes with extra lexan to make your own wing or personalize it a bit. It's really low slung, so make sure your track doesn't have any bumps or dips otherwise the nose with bend back and slow your truck down.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Enthusiast
    Search "rc dirt oval" on EBay and you will get a big variety of both dirt late model and dirt modified bodies from different regions all over the US.