Thread: battery

RC Qualifier

battery

hey guys i just bought a slash raptor with a 3000 7 cell battery. do i need to use the stock charger that comes with it first to charge it or can i put my faster charger on one amp and go from there thanks

you can use any charger rated for nimh and does 3amps that is max you want to charge that battery or 1C. so every 1000mah on the batter is going to be 1amp or you can say it like this since you battery is 3000mah you can charge at 1C=3amps.
    to answer your question also more direct yes it will be fine just make sure you 1amp charger has a peak detection on it to stop charging when the nimh is done ok if not stop it when it begins to get warm but never hot ok thats says its over charging or a cell is bad in the pack more likely now.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    so what would you charge a 4600 or a 4200 pack at. and charging at a lower amp wont make the battery go bad faster will it?

yes charging at a lower amp is best for nimh cells. so 4.6amps or 4.2amps would work. remember however much a MAH value you do 1000mah=1amp ok. .5 or .7 would be .5-.7amps
    DEU 8:18 ESV