RC Enthusiast

Need help please.

When I go to start my slayer pro I have the pull start on it but yeah no matter if I prime it or anything fuel just does not flow into the carb what could this be??

RC Qualifier
    Prob have a air leak some where..

I had a similer air leak problem with my slayer, so a completly sealed my slayer's engine, fuel tank, carb, and exhaust. I used RTV sealant around the base of the carb, around the backplate, and I put a tighter zip tie of the exhaust coupler. After that all of my problems went away, in fact it never ran better! I've also found somtimes the fuel tank lid doesn't shut all of the way, so somtimes you have to push it shut... maybe the air leak is from a hole in the exhaust... who knows... You could also possibly has a very small hole in your fuel line, but you can take the fuel line off and check for small air bubbles when you blow into it while it's under water... What you can try is take off the fuel line from the top of the fuel tank lid (The part of fuel line the comes out from the exhaust pipe) and blow into it. Does the nitro in the fuel line move into the carb? If so, it's most likely an air leak. But if the fuel doesn't move throught the line when you blow into it... the you have a blockage in the carb or fuel line, or really bad air leak. How is your tune? Does it act lean even though you've tuned it to be rich? Does it stall during a WOT? If so, it's going to be an air leak some where. How many gallons are through the engine? In some extreme case a worn piston/sleeve won't build up enough pressure to pull fuel through the carb, but that's really rare. Sorry for asking so many question, just trying to help! Hope you can find and fix the problem! Good luck!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 08-25-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Enthusiast

Need help please,

Ok cool I'll try all that there's only been a gallon gone threw it so I drought it's piston sleeve build up but where did you get that rat sealant or whatever that you mentioned?

RC Enthusiast
    Rvt sealant*

I got the "RTV" sealant from the local auto shop. You can alos use clear sealant, just in case the RVT stuff isn't in stock. But becareful, when it gets on you fingers, it takes FOREVER to get off! This is what they look like.
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 08-25-2012 at 11:46 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok cool thanks man I'll give it a shot and see what's up

Ok, glad I could help!

When fuel does not move to the carb it is either a pushing or blocking problem. Someplace between the exhaust port on the engine and the carb there could be blockage or a leak so that the fuel is not getting pushed. Or the carb is blocked either by the HSN closed or foreign matter.
    Air should only enter through the air filter and exit through the exhaust stinger. Any other place could cause performance issues.
    As for using RTV on the engine I'm not for it. Parts with the o-rings properly installed and tightened down will not experience leaks if the o-ring is in good shape.
    The Super Derecho

When fuel does not move to the carb it is either a pushing or blocking problem. Someplace between the exhaust port on the engine and the carb there could be blockage or a leak so that the fuel is not getting pushed. Or the carb is blocked either by the HSN closed or foreign matter.
    Air should only enter through the air filter and exit through the exhaust stinger. Any other place could cause performance issues.
    As for using RTV on the engine I'm not for it. Parts with the o-rings properly installed and tightened down will not experience leaks if the o-ring is in good shape.
    I use RTV sealant because somtimes even with good o rings, things leak. (At least on my 3.3) Using sealant for me is just in case it doesn't work, you know, you can never be too sure!