RC poster

Question Motor Saver air filter ??

Dear all,

Does anyone had run their Slayer Pro 3.3 with Motor Saver air filter ?
    I ran my truck in a dusty road and I gor tired to soap & clean the stock fitler....

Are they good ?

Also which one should I get ?
    The one fit the most truck OR the one that fit Big Block ?

Please advise. I appreciate with your input.

I'm not sure why you would want to risk your engine's life for a air filter that is not as good as the stock one... The stock traxxas 2 stage air filter is one of the best filters you can have. If you just want a bigger air filter so you don't have clean it has much, try a HPI savage air filter, ther're huge, and they should fit on the trx carb... Or you can do what I do. Buy 2 or more extra Traxxas air filters so when you air filter gets dirty you just get a new clean one... I have 4 air filters so I can go along time without cleaning a air filter... But it's no fun having to clean 4 air filter at once after they all get dirty... LOL! Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

I actually like using the Mugen 1/8th Buggy filter. It is a 2 stage and the neck seems to clear the spur in any situation, but the new 2 stage TRX filter is going to be very good as well...

Just don't over-oil the filter... when you charge the filter with oil pat it down a little with a paper towel... It just needs a light, even, sheen of oil, too much restricts are flow, plus, the mount is a nice way to prevent it from coming off....
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC poster
    Well, that's why I post my question here to ask expert like u guys.. :-)

Ok.. then I guess I will have to wash couple filter at once..

As I do my research the new Motor Saver filter have a mesh outside so I thought it will not stick with dirt that easy and I don't have to change the pre-filter that freq.

Forgive this noob question cuz' I am new to Nitro. Why do we need to oil the filter ? it seem they're stick more dirt then un-oil one....

Thanks to your expertise.

RC Qualifier
    The oil catches the dirt. If you ran the filter without oil, it will let fine dust right though into the engine. Dirt + piston x 30,000 RPM = $$$

RC poster
    Thanks Max. Now I got it. :-)
    I like your equation. lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxximum Overdive View Post
    The oil catches the dirt. If you ran the filter without oil, it will let fine dust right though into the engine. Dirt + piston x 30,000 RPM = $$$

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Bunny View Post
    Dear all,

Does anyone had run their Slayer Pro 3.3 with Motor Saver air filter ?
    I ran my truck in a dusty road and I gor tired to soap & clean the stock fitler....

Are they good ?

Also which one should I get ?
    The one fit the most truck OR the one that fit Big Block ?

Please advise. I appreciate with your input.
    I use the stock air filter with the motor saver 2 stage cover sleeve. Works great IMHO. When I do hourly filter cleaning, there is very little dirt in/on the filter...I could probably go two or three hours based on the condition of the filter, but I clean it hourly anyway!!

Outerwears also makes a pre filter for the Slayer/Revo stock air filter. I don't have one on mine but have used them on pretty much everything else I have with a motor in it and they work great.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I'm not sure why you would want to risk your engine's life for a air filter that is not as good as the stock one... The stock traxxas 2 stage air filter is one of the best filters you can have. If you just want a bigger air filter so you don't have clean it has much, try a HPI savage air filter, ther're huge, and they should fit on the trx carb... Or you can do what I do. Buy 2 or more extra Traxxas air filters so when you air filter gets dirty you just get a new clean one... I have 4 air filters so I can go along time without cleaning a air filter... But it's no fun having to clean 4 air filter at once after they all get dirty... LOL! Hope this helps!
    I used to use just plain soap for cleaning my filters until a friend told me to try K&N Power Kleen, which is a high performance foam filter cleaner for the auto hobbiests. This stuff works GREAT! Very little effort involved with cleaning....just make sure to rinse it out well since it is a very rich cleaner.

RC Racer
    I have the motOr saver filter works great with keeping dirt out run it in dusty conditions for two tanks the first element was slightly dirty and the second stage had little to no dirt at all makes engine run lean I got my HSN down and LSN almost but idle no where close it either wants to race or stall