RC Qualifier

Slipper Clutch adjustment questions

First off how will I know when or if to adjust this? Second...can it be done without taking the whole truck apart? I saw it done in a video but the driveshaft cover was broken off the truck in the video...With the cover on how can it be adjusted with the wrench?

RC Qualifier
    The slipper clutch squeals if you floor it on super grippy ground. Concrete/carpet. It squeals cause its slipping. If you hear it, should only be for a foot or so. With stock battery I would leave it alone unless it squeals allot. Its there to keep your axles from breaking, with 3s lipo its your friend. you have to take the bottom big 2 allen screws and the top 2 big screws out and the back end wiggles off. Try it some time, once you figure it out takes only a min. To get it back together push the front and back with back tires rolling and it will easily go in place.

RC Qualifier
    How tight to make it also depends on what pads you're running. You have to make it tighter with carbon fiber pads (they're harder and not as grippy) than the stock pads. There are also aluminum pads, but I haven't tried those yet so can't comment.

RC Qualifier
    I run mine 1/4 turn backed out from fully tightened down.

RC Champion
    +1 @ "tjtoed"

....unless I need to adjust it for other conditions, I leave mine at 1/4 backed off

RC Qualifier
    I'm guessing with the back of the truck is off u have access to the nut...put the wrench on a roll the truck forward or back to adjust?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxxasnoob2012 View Post
    I'm guessing with the back of the truck is off u have access to the nut...put the wrench on a roll the truck forward or back to adjust?
    The whole slipper/spur assembly will come out when you pull the back off. Just hold the spur gear and tighten the nut.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    +2 @ "tjtoed" - 1/4 Turn from tight will do the trick for most - adjust as needed with 1/8 Turns from there if its too tight or slipping too much.
    Mayor VXL
    ERevo|XO-1|Summit 1/8th

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by VXLoveit View Post
    The whole slipper/spur assembly will come out when you pull the back off. Just hold the spur gear and tighten the nut.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    So the slipper/spur assembly just pulls out, straight back? I'd taken the back off the chassis before, but the slipper assembly seemed pretty secure in there... I assume just wiggle it out? My 4x4 is making some sqeaking/squealing noises when driving around, so I assume the slipper is set too loose. (doesn't make any squeaking noises when the motor is running with tires spinning off the ground, or when it's just coasting... only when motor's running with wheels on the ground... I imagine that's due to the Slipper?

RC Qualifier
    Yup. Give it a wiggle and it will pop off. Remember not to tight as it is your friend and protection from braking other parts of the drive train.

RC Qualifier
    May take a bit of a wiggle but with the back of the truck off it will come out.