Thread: 2400kv help!!

RC Racer

2400kv help!!

Ok so i have been haveing a problem with my hexes and wheels still. im useing the mips and i have tried both mip axles (pin and no pin) with the axle with the pin i am shattering pins and the axles without pin the hex wont stay in place with the set screw ( loctite applied). I round out 12 mm wheels no prob and i tried aka 17mm adapter but i just shatter more pins. i know i can loosen the slipper clutch more to get rid of the torc but i feel like if i do that then whats the point of the 2400kv ( love doing wheelies haha). so i pose the question to yall running the 2400kv. what are you doing to no have the problem im haveing? thks
    Last edited by Kenny Powers; 08-27-2012 at 10:52 PM.
    Slash Ultimate MMP 2400KV
    Grave Digger 30th Anniv

I have aluminum hex and I use the Traxxas pins. Haven't had a problem, knock on wood
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    which ones are you useing and what size are they? and the traxxas pins are those the same ones that come with the stock hexes?
    Grave Digger 30th Anniv

On one truck, I have STRC wheel hex on all corners. On my Ultimate I have Traxxas aluminum wheel hex. I use the same pins that come with the truck. The Mip pins are hollow. The Traxxas are not. I have broken a few of the Mip pins myself.

RC Racer
    You could try punch control... I use that on my e Maxx go prevent shafts from twisting...

New sig: Dr. Octogonapus
    BLARG!!!!!!!

RC Racer
    hows your slipper clutch setup? i had backed mine off and didnt have much of a problem but rly when i put in the 2400 it was for the torque so if im backing the torque out i feel its a waste.
    Grave Digger 30th Anniv

RC Racer
    1/4 turn out with 40% punch control. Still wheelies though. I also have the aluminum pads, you might want to look into those.

BLARG!!!!!!!

RC Racer
    i think im going to try that Badmilkman, thats done with the castle link right? and what gearing are you guys running...somehow threw of this i forgot about this lol...im running 21/54 on 3s lipo and 65c rateing. could this be to much?
    Grave Digger 30th Anniv

Never TOO much! One truck is 19/54 on 3s. My other truck is 22/50 on 4s! Both running the slipper clutch with stock pads.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers View Post
    i think im going to try that Badmilkman, thats done with the castle link right? and what gearing are you guys running...somehow threw of this i forgot about this lol...im running 21/54 on 3s lipo and 65c rateing. could this be to much?
    Yes this can be done through castle link or through stick programming. Im running a different truck then you do I can't really help you with gearing. And the last post was corect! Never too much!

BLARG!!!!!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I have aluminum hex and I use the Traxxas pins. Haven't had a problem, knock on wood
    same here, traxxas pins and traxxas aluminum 12mm hex, havent rounded out rim or hex
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Racer
    well i went to the lhs today at lunch and got a couple new adaptors and the castle link. im going to try to turn that punch control down like you said.
    Grave Digger 30th Anniv

RC Racer
    I had this same problem sorta with my p2de. The pins would break and the hexes would round out. I went online and found t3rrys homemade 17mm hex conversion. It requires you to drill a larger hole in the stub axle to use larger pins. I used the hpi savage x hexes and pins. Havent stripped hex or had any wear in rim. The pins are much beefier.

Here is the comparison between the two. Sorry for bad resolution. Taken off iphone.

Last edited by pede1497; 08-28-2012 at 10:38 PM.

RC Racer
    2nd pic

RC Racer
    you know that is a great idea. i could widen the hole atleast on the rears and put thicker steel pins in. man i do love this forum, thks pede thats exactly whatim going to try if this doesnt work and i might try it anyways
    Grave Digger 30th Anniv

That is a good idea. My aluminum hex and headlock wheels have solved any problems with stripping or rounding

RC Racer
    LOL ima try those hexes to. i would rather run 12 mm than 17mm
    Grave Digger 30th Anniv

Sorry, that should have said beadlock not headlock. But its all aluminum so no more problems

RC Racer
    does more punch control = less torque on take off?
    Grave Digger 30th Anniv

RC Racer
    well i found a link threw google and i read that the higher you set the punch control the calmer the vehicle is on take off.
    Grave Digger 30th Anniv