RC Qualifier

New to lipos.. Just a couple questions I need answered please

I have a slash with vellinion 3500kv 3s.. Which lipos should I buy for longer run time. I run a track once in a while but I allso bash.. So if any one will help me it would be much appreciated. Thank u..

RC Competitor
    If you're just looking for longer run times you just need to find a battery with a larger mAh rating. So if your current batteries are 3S 2000 mAh, a 3S 3000 mAh will give ya more run time. Hope this helps...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Ok thank u for answering.. But yes I understand that on batteries.. New question then.. I currently run parralleled 8.4 nimh 3000mah's.. Which would make 6000 mah.. Are lipo and nimh equal on run time on mah's..and wats the difference btw 2s and 3s lipos

RC Competitor
    2S and 3S just tells you battery voltage. 2S meaning 2 cells at 3.7V per cell so a 2S battery will be a 7.4V pack and 3S will have 11.1 V. As far as run times go between NiMh and LiPo should have similar run times with same capacity rating. LiPo will offer a harder 'punch' for lack of a better word. Hope this helps!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Lipo's batteries will not drop off in performance compared to you nimh, they will run, then stop,
    where you nimh will run and gradually get slower, then stop.

"wats the difference btw 2s and 3s lipos"
    I think 2S is 7.4v and 3S is 11.1V

RC Qualifier
    Thanks that all does help

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Fully charged voltage for a 2 cell is 8.4 volts and 3 cell is 12.6

Just wanted to clear that up!
    For storage 2s voltage 7.7 and 3s 11.55. Try for between 3.8-3.85 per cell never store fully charged longer than a day or so with lipo batteries
    Last edited by 50togo; 08-31-2012 at 11:34 PM.