RC Racer

Making drift fiesta handle like road course car

Hello first i would like to say I a m a avid road course racer,(with a real car) so I love cars that are quick, good turn in and tons of grip. I bought drift fiesta as I am a DC and Ken Block fan, and now its time to make car handle. I bought sticky tires, gtr shocks center diff, ect. Does anyone know if center diff will improve grip and exit corner speed, and am wondering if anyone has proven combinations for spring rate, front and rear shock oil weight, and weight for grease for front, center and rear diff. I would greatly appreciate any help
    Cheers,
    David Sandine
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

RC Enthusiast
    Center diff is a personal preference so that one is up to you. I don't run one as I feel that it limits corner exit speed but that is just my opinion.
    I run Black stripe GTR springs front and rear
    HPI xpattern tires
    70wt front shocks
    50wt rear shocks
    10k diffs tho most prefer to do a heavier weight in the front diff. I don't as I seem to get more understeer that way.
    Anti roll bars front and rear.
    Get the ride height way down there but not so much that the rear end drags under acceleration.

After that upgrade to steel hollow balls and adjustable toe and pushrod links for more adjustability.
    Work towards 0 toe in the front and 2 in the rear. (this will make it a tad unstable but you said you wanted good turn in)

Of course all the above is what works for me on my surface (prepped asphalt) you might need a totally different setup if you run on polished concrete etc....
    Good Luck!

RC Racer
    Sorry read post wrong, do i need different a arms or some other mods to install sway bar
    Last edited by Sandine Motorsports; 08-14-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Different arms, no.

HR (Hot Racing) makes a sway kit.

Be sure to put oil in the diffs, not grease.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    I would think this would be on the list of things you need to do.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ker-wheel-rate

Along with bearings in the rockers and steering post.
    Last edited by BigFlash; 08-15-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    MERV VXL + Rally VXL + Stampede Xl5

RC Racer
    Thanks for the linkk, the only think i have concern with is he recomends spring collarz backed.all the way off, but when i do that to my chassis is literally sitting on the groun d.
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

RC Racer
    Nevermind on shock weight i had it backwArds
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

RC Racer
    The stock weight oils are 50,000 fr diff, 30,000 rear diff, I believe 60 in the shocks, but there's a 99% chance you have near nothing in your diffs if you've never openned them. Most guys I race with use at least those wts in the diffs. Many choose to have it quite a bit higher in the front to pull around the corners. If you have good grip, the heavier oil up front helps. In the shocks, most at my track feel that less than 7,000 diff fluid is too light. I had 10k/7k with black springs, which was ok, but I just changed to 30k/20k to see if I like it better. I haven't tried this out yet. As for the center diff, it's your call. I like it and feel it gives more control under acceleration in the middle of the track.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Heater View Post
    Center diff is a personal preference so that one is up to you. I don't run one as I feel that it limits corner exit speed but that is just my opinion.
    I run Black stripe GTR springs front and rear
    HPI xpattern tires
    70wt front shocks
    50wt rear shocks
    10k diffs tho most prefer to do a heavier weight in the front diff. I don't as I seem to get more understeer that way.
    Anti roll bars front and rear.
    Get the ride height way down there but not so much that the rear end drags under acceleration.

After that upgrade to steel hollow balls and adjustable toe and pushrod links for more adjustability.
    Work towards 0 toe in the front and 2 in the rear. (this will make it a tad unstable but you said you wanted good turn in)

Of course all the above is what works for me on my surface (prepped asphalt) you might need a totally different setup if you run on polished concrete etc....
    Good Luck!
    Whate parts do you install steel diff balls in, looks like shocks already habe them, Do i just install in toe links and pushrods?
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

RC Champion
    yes toe and push and the shock ends
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo